Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is it advisable to buy a used 2012 or 2013 BMW 328i.

bnaikbnaik Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in BMW
Hello Guys,

I'm in the market to buy my first car in US. I have few questions and I would be glad if anyone can help me out.

1. I liked the drivability new BMW 328i but its interior is lacking for its price. So instead of buying a new one, I'm thinking of buying a used one. Is it good idea to buy a used 2012 or 2013 model considering BMW have high maintenance cost.

2. When is the next resigned BMW 328i is set to release. Current model is almost 4 years old and does look spartan considering current car market.

3. Would it be good idea to buy a used car now under 20k and wait for new BMW 328i?

Answers

• cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147
    There will be a mid-cycle refresh of the 3 Series for 2016. The refresh is expected to bring new suspension tuning, as well as minor updates to some of the optional equipment and control systems.

Depending on the pricing you're obtaining, you might want to consider the 2013 as it will be a second year of production and the 'free' maintenance will be good for a year longer.