Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Hatchback

1838485868789»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 32,984
    That's weird.... maybe the Exaltos don't come in that size...

I'd stick with 205/50-17... There are a lot of choices in that size... Stock size for the BMW 330i from '03-'05...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

·
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 797
    Wouldn't the 55-series tires increase the overall circumference of the wheel/tire and cause the speedometer reading to be off a bit?

Depending on how discerning of an eye you have, the 55's might be slightly noticeable in overall look....I'd definitely stick with the 50-series since that's what it came from the factory wearing...
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    ·
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 32,984
    It's actually a pretty big difference... The 205/55-17 are about 3.2% bigger.. (diameter/circumference)...

I'd stick to the stock size...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

·
  • I would stick with the 50, I am running 215/50/17 on my mazda 3 hatchback, I bought the Cooper CS4 Touring tire. Awesome, awesome tire. The wider footprint gives it more of an aggresive stance and it helps with the handling as well.
    ·
  • I recently bought a 2008 Mazda3 hatchback with an automatic. I love it, but after a few months its dawned on me that one thing that I don't like is the light-weight, almost feather feel of the gas pedal/throttle. I have to work at sensing just how much I'm stepping into the gas, and I prefer to have a heftier feel to the pedal. I've read about the electronic throttle and its quirks relative to having a throttle wire, but I was wondering if there was a potentially simple way of getting the gas pedal adjusted so that more pressure was required to depress it. Even as I'm writing this I just know that there's likely no way this is something that the dealer would mess with even if I asked, but thought that maybe someone would have an idea.
    ·
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    I have to work at sensing just how much I'm stepping into the gas, and I prefer to have a heftier feel to the pedal.
    Sounds like the gearing to which you have to get used. My Mazda Protege5 is similarly "light". Comes in handy for passing.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
Mazda3 Hatchback - Page 89 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com