Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Hatchback

1838485868789»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    That's weird.... maybe the Exaltos don't come in that size...

I'd stick with 205/50-17... There are a lot of choices in that size... Stock size for the BMW 330i from '03-'05...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    Wouldn't the 55-series tires increase the overall circumference of the wheel/tire and cause the speedometer reading to be off a bit?

Depending on how discerning of an eye you have, the 55's might be slightly noticeable in overall look....I'd definitely stick with the 50-series since that's what it came from the factory wearing...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    It's actually a pretty big difference... The 205/55-17 are about 3.2% bigger.. (diameter/circumference)...

I'd stick to the stock size...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I would stick with the 50, I am running 215/50/17 on my mazda 3 hatchback, I bought the Cooper CS4 Touring tire. Awesome, awesome tire. The wider footprint gives it more of an aggresive stance and it helps with the handling as well.
  • I recently bought a 2008 Mazda3 hatchback with an automatic. I love it, but after a few months its dawned on me that one thing that I don't like is the light-weight, almost feather feel of the gas pedal/throttle. I have to work at sensing just how much I'm stepping into the gas, and I prefer to have a heftier feel to the pedal. I've read about the electronic throttle and its quirks relative to having a throttle wire, but I was wondering if there was a potentially simple way of getting the gas pedal adjusted so that more pressure was required to depress it. Even as I'm writing this I just know that there's likely no way this is something that the dealer would mess with even if I asked, but thought that maybe someone would have an idea.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    I have to work at sensing just how much I'm stepping into the gas, and I prefer to have a heftier feel to the pedal.
    Sounds like the gearing to which you have to get used. My Mazda Protege5 is similarly "light". Comes in handy for passing.
This discussion has been closed.