Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3

Comments

• the new 3 is rumored to be out 09 meaning 2010 model year. The Mazda6 should be all new for the 2009 model year (meaning it should be out sometime in late 2008).

Although it's really been quiet on the Mazda6 front... who knows if things will be delayed, but that is the speculation as of now.
  • I have a 2006 mazda 3 sedan, i am going to buy an exhaust system but i want deep and consisent sound, which one would you perfer? :)
  • mazdrvrmazdrvr Posts: 103
    I live in the desert w/ temps in the summer being 100+ (dry heat). I have a 07' 3S (grey mica, grey seats & tint). For me, the air conditioner so far, has been cool enough. When i have to park outdoors, i use the window shade (don't know what you call it) to help keep the car cooler. It does take a short while to cool down the car of course. Hope this helps!
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    I'd like to lend my voice to the chorus that is asking Mazda and other car manufacturers to give us less ... that is, less weight. I am hoping that Mazda copies its success with the Mazda2 and lowers the weight of its new Mazda3.
    "The Mazda2 is also a marvel of lightweight technology, weighing only 2,103 lbs. Mazda told us that its engineers managed to shave about 220 pounds off the former Mazda2, yet the body is stiffer, NVH is down, and safety is improved."

http://blogs.edmunds.com/?14@@/Straightline/2427
  • I've got a 2004 Mazda 3 sedan. A couple weeks ago I brought it to the dealer because it would sometimes shift hard (pause, BANG) when getting going in the morning. Dealer realized my software had not been updated since ??? despite me getting regular warranty service done on the car. There was a software patch for something called "Shift Shock" which seemed to eliminate the problem.

Until Saturday. Starting the car was fine, accelerating from zero to about 15 (I do have a heavier foot so gave it a bit of a goose to go...) and (pause BANG, pause BANG) and the car was in 3rd gear... Transmission light came on, the puzzling AT light came on and stayed on a bit and yikes. I pulled over, turned the engine off, looked at the owners manual, saw that when the AT light comes on you are warned to not drive the car.

I turned the ignition back on, both lights stayed on. I turned it off and then on again, AT light was gone. Did it again, and both lights were gone. I drove a few miles, no warning lights at all. On the way home, transmission light came on, but no AT light.

Yesterday, same thing. Fine all morning, in the late afternoon pause BANG then both warning lights. Did the turn off turn on thing again, AT light vanished, now only have the transmission light on.

Will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning, but would like to hear if anyone has any theories or experienced this themselves?

Thanks!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,090
    It's Tuesday so that means it's Mazda chat time again! Stop in tonight and meet and greet some of your fellow CarSpace members. We'll talk anything and everything Mazda, automotive, and just plain have a good time.

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    Will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning
    Did the dealer figure out the problem?
  • ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 512
    Got my K&N filter today. The stock filter was not very dirty yet, but there was a coupon in the paper for $10 off at Pep Boys, and I'd been wanting one for a while. Only drove a few miles, but as with all my previous cars, I notive a definite improvement in low-end throttle response. Starting from a stop seems much easier and smoother. Hopefully I'll get a little boost in mpg too, and will report on that after a few weeks.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    And how much noisier is it now with the Klear & Noisy Filter installed?
    I haven't noticed any additional noise. I have the 3i with 2.0. Have others noticed something?
  • dpeimerdpeimer Posts: 2
    Does anyone know anything about the Ipod Integration Module? I just purchased an '08 Grand Touring and was curious about this option. Does it enable you to control your ipod with your head unit? If so, is the interface any good? Is it worth buying or should I just stick with using the AUX jack to control my ipod.

Thanks!
  • x5savx5sav Posts: 44
    To me I use the AUX jack on my ipod nano and ipod touch. It works great. You can use the steering wheel controls to skip songs and volume.
    I use the aux jack with my iPod classic. None of the steering wheel or head unit controls work, except of course for volume. I am unable to change tracks or anything. Not sure I would pay extra for that ability, it's not too much trouble to pick up the iPod itself to change tracks. My wife has a nano, I'll see if it does anything more with hers. What I would like is the type of connection that will charge the iPod while plugged in, although the battery life on the classic is pretty impressive. But on a longer trip I may need to get a car charger.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    "To me I use the AUX jack on my ipod nano and ipod touch. It works great. You can use the steering wheel controls to skip songs and volume."

You can't skip songs with the steering wheel controls when using the AUX jack.

Incidentally, if your Mazda3 was made after Jan. 1, 2008, the functionality of the iPod integration module is much improved.
  • cvirdencvirden Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the difference between the 3i Touring and 3i Touring Value models?
    This was posted a couple months ago. The 3i Touring Value Edition has replaced the 3i Touring - 3i Touring is no longer available.

Changes include piano black (rather than faux wood) dash applique', 17" (rather than 16") wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob, color-keyed grille (rather than chrome accent), and fog lights. Basically looks like a 3s but with the more economical 2.0 liter engine. I also think the ABS/SAB/SAC package is standard whereas it used to be optional on the 3i Touring.

Overall, a pretty neat package, for only a few hundred bucks more. Personally I like the faux wood in my 3i Touring, but I would have loved fog lights and the leather steering wheel. Also I really dig the 17" wheels, but I would not have wanted the stiffer handling and more expensive replacement tires. I'm happy with my 16"s, they look nice and are a step up from the 15"s with plastic wheel covers on the base 3i sport model.

(They also added a few new colors 1/1/08, including a really sweet shade of orange-red and metallic blue. Mine is galaxy grey metallic which I truly love, but I probably would have gone for the blue had it been available - oh well!)
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    When we got our '05 3s the wife really wanted the Titanium color as it was called then. It's now Galaxy Gray like my Civic. Dealer could only locate a Sunlight Silver car for us and when we drove up to look at the color, it just blew us both away...really nice looking especially when fully detailed. We never looked back and still love the color to this day.
    Must admit, Mazda does make a nice car...nice to look at and crazy fun to drive.

The Sandman :)
  • joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    Is there an after market antenna,so I don't have to unscrew it at the carwash.
    Also, someone told me that is a mount that gives your Mada a BMW look .
    ty
  • I think the '07 acura RDX antenna mast works. Check out www.mazda3forums.com Several posters have bought the above antenna for under 10.00 at a local acura dealer.
    Thanx, I purchased a shark fin antenna that adheres over and screws down over the mast base.
    Now ,how can I get rid of the dumb cigarettete lighter plug the dealer gave me with a plain one. He gave me a plug with a line through a burning cigarette puffing smoke.
    I have been to 3 auto stores and been googling all night.I didn't think they made cars with ash trays to day. :surprise:
  • Hi
    Any experiences regarding driving a Mazda3 2.0l in the winter. I live in Toronto ontario and we do get snowstorms. Last winter was pretty bad. The mazda i bought has no ABS and i will get a good set of winter tires. But just wanted anybody's input as to the driveability of the car and if its safe without ABS. The last accord i had had ABS but i didnt have snows through the winter.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    With a good set of winter tires you should be fine. ABS only assists braking, by helping to prevent the brakes from locking up, but in deep snow locking the brakes can actually bring the car to a stop quicker as long as you have a good winter tread on your tires. Without winter tires the Mazda 3 does poorly in winter, at least with the 17" performance oriented tire that came with ours.
  • ylzylz Posts: 45
    Hello all. Would someone who owns a 2008 Mazda 3 WITH Nav, please comment on this. It is an accurate navigation system? It is tedious to use with that controller next to the shifter? I know it may not be worth the price but I like the clean look of a nav system in a car but I need some feedback on THIS particular nav. Please help. Thanks.
    Just get a good set of winter tires . Thats all,but if you want extra safety have them put studs in them. I don't know anyone that thinks your car goes good in snow,as it has low profile performance tires. :shades:
    Use the eraser end of a pencil to punch in your data.
    It's a good system,just upgrade it every year. :shades:
  • carjimcarjim Posts: 155
    If we can expect the new and redesigned Mazda3 within the next 12 months, then why have there been no spy shots surfacing? Isn't it about time to see some?
    Perhaps I am looking in all the wrong places. Can any of you help?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,090
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! Mazda ownership is not a requirement! :) Just bring yourself and your love of cars and the desire to discuss anything and everything automotive and you're good to go!

The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    oooh, there has been plenty of spy shot's. I have been hearing that we will see a 2010 Mazda3 in less then 12 months. I can't wait!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-3-future.html
  • peddler3peddler3 Posts: 10
    Hi gang,
    Trying to decide which one to get. The difference for 2008.5 between the 3i Touring Value and 3s Touring, aside from the obvious engine difference, is the TCS/DSC and map lights are available on the 3s Touring and not on the 3i Touring Value. Everything else seems pretty much the same. Anyone know if this will change for 2009? The gas on the 3i is a bit better, but I would like the TCS/DSC. Is there any major benefit to these systems?
    Anyone know when the 2009 will be out, or at least the specs?
    Many thanks
    The 2.0 goes by more gas stations.I rented a 2.3 and I thought it was lousy on gas.
    Also, for all you people that are annoyed by smoking cigarette lighter Subaru sell a 12V/120w plug. I just bought one for $6.50 at a Subie dealer and it looks sharp. No more ash tray look. :)