It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Electrical Problems with Pontiac---$14K paperweight
Under warranty, but because there was nothing 'wrong' with it when the dealer looked at it, it came out of my pocket.
9 days later...(24 hours out of the shop) at 2:30 in the morning ( I am a waitress) died again...Again, on the freeway....This time, tow truck driver felt sorry for me and didnt charge me. I gave him $30. The dealer said " there's nothing wrong with your car".
Called GM. Nothing they can do.
Thurs 1/9/03 got my car out of the shop... Friday night 1/10/03 ( in Minnesota) it was -35 with the windchill. It died on the freeway again. All oil changes, everything on time, scheduled services. everything....Now, its in the shop again.
2 years ago when I bought the car I was making 45K. I had been unemployed for a year, working the waitress job to pay my bills, I cant qualify for anything now, $14k left to pay on this piece of crap, and GM doesnt want to deal with it....
2 years time I brought it in for
1. Electrical blinker ( 3x)
2. Headlights - change every month after 40K miles
3. Sliding sunroof doesnt move
4. Radio wires loose (2x)
5. Brake problems with ( recalled 2000)
6. Engine lights flicker (3x)
7. Radio digital display goes berserk (4x)
8. Tail lights go out every 6 months after 36K miles
9. Car stalls - regardless of time driven- on the freeway ....(3x)
Total out of my pocket = $5220.00 in tow fees, items that should have been in warranty but Thomas Pontiac charged me because they couldnt find a problem
10. Cost of my sanity - working 3 jobs plus school - Priceless.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.
DO NOT BUY IT FROM THOMAS PONTIAC IN MINNESOTA
The first time your car has an electrical problem....SELL IT ---- FAsT!!!!