Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have been calling local fleet/internet managers in the Los Angles area for a 2004 4runner limited V6 4x2 and will probably get one tomorrow if their offers still stand.

8648 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V6 4x2
    GY Curtain Side Airbags
    RF Rear Spoiler Light
    SR Power Moonroof
    RL Daytime Running Lights
    EJ JBL audio 3n1 10 Speakers w/6 Disc
    CF Floor mats

Colors Galactic Grey or Titanium

Invoice = 319920
    MSRP = 36114
    * 750 cash back in Los Angles Area
    The 3 different down to earth dealers are offering OTD between 35000 to 35200. Some questions for anyone that cares to answer
    #Dealer 1 OTD $34849 plus 1 year free oil, .25% off my 4.29 Capital One rate

#Dealer 2 OTD $35200 plus lifetime oil changes and they are the #1 Toyota dealer in California. I may be able to get them to come down to 35000

#Dealer 3 OTD $35296 they would have to pull from their sister dealer and NO FREEBIES. However, they are 2 miles away from me.

I think the 3 dealers are going under invoice and pulling a rabbit hat trick due to end of Jan 04. Do these sound like good deals????
  • bmc5bmc5 Posts: 16
    I'm curious on the opinions and experiences "runner" owners have about their favorite tire. I currently have the michelin cross terrains and they seem to be ok. I do mostly on-road highway driving with little off roading. I looked at the ratings on the
    tirerack.com and they were not the highest rated tire. Thanks.
  • va4rnrva4rnr Posts: 5
    Just bought a V8 4X4 sports edition from Miller Toyota in Virginia. This is one if the dealers who responded to my price request on edmunds.com. All negotiations were done over the phone or email. The dealer was easy to work with. Totally I must have spent less than an hour negotiating on the price. I went to the dealer only after we agreed on a price. The dealer close to my house initally refused to match the price, but called me this morning to match the offer, but it was too late by then.

MSRP $34,568
    Invoice $31,179
    Paid $30,495 + tax,tags,ext. warranty.
    Drive out price $32,450
    It had the following options
    FE,DJ,CM,RF SR,CF,WL
  • Where exactly in Virginia is this dealership located?
  • This dealership is in Manassas, out side of DC.
  • I had read a couple of your posts re: runnerbuying, as I, too, am looking to buy immediately, in Virginia. I am glad your new truck is in the garage - and your "dealing" is over. Thanks for the clarification on local - I suspected it mite be N Va., as I am in the Tidewater area. Maybe today my "Deal-Over" bell will ring.

Enjoy!
  • Bought my 4Runner 4DR SR5 V6 auto 4wd from Spring field Toyota in Northern Virginia. MSRP was $31,648.00. Invoice price was $28,627.00. Options include PWRTilt/Slide Moonroof,17" Aluminum wheels,5-Peice Carpet Floor mat set, Rear Spoiler,Black Roof Rack ,Wheel locks, and 50-state emissions.We agreed on a price of $26,995.00. When I walk out of the door the final price that I paid was $28,848.16. This final price included all taxes and tags. My wife and I love our 4 Runner. No problems at this time
  • I'm sorry hun but you must be mistaken, I have not yet purchased my 4Runner. However, I am in the tidewater area as well (Virginia Beach) maybe we can look out for each other on some good deals! Let me know how your experiences go!
  • Yep, that's me! I confused Va4RNR's purchase with yours. Sorry - I'm completely new to this chat thing. I have come across several exceptional deals on [04] 4Rs, they just were not what I was looking for. You & I are likely not looking for the same thing, so maybe my legwork could help you. Now, you tell me how we do this w/o getting in dutch w/the Moderator.....
  • Just thought I let you all know that at Stevensons Toyota East In Denver they just sent me a e-mail saying they have a 1.9% rate for 48-60 months if your credit qualifies. I am not ready to buy yet, however I am on there e-mail list for promotions, incentives etc.
  • They're offering 0.0% for 3yrs until 3/1 on all 2004 4Runners.
  • They're offering 0.0% for 3yrs until 3/1 on all 2004 4Runners.

Is this just in Dallas/Fort Worth?
  • Including the surrounding areas I think. You can go to the Toyota site and enter in pretty much any dealership (search by state or something). Then go to their 'DEALER INCENTIVES' area and see what it shows. It'll list lots of vehicles. There's one for SR-5s, and one for all 2004 4Runners.
  • I went to the Toyota website but did not find any "Dealer Incentives" area. There was a promotions area which said to ask your local dealer. Am I missing something?
  • Go to www.toyota.com and select DEALER LOCATOR. Go to the second area on the page and put in the city or state you are looking for and hit SUBMIT. When the dealer location page comes up, you can click MORE DEALERS on the left if it is more then just one page. Click on the dealer you want. Click CONTINUE through the 3rd party connection page. When the actual Toyota Dealer page comes up, go to SPECIALS and click the INCENTIVES link below it. Scroll down and you will see all of the incentives for that location. If you need help, just let me know which dealer and I'll help find the page for ya.
  • Thanks. Directions were very clear and worked perfectly. I was trying another route which didn't work. The only thing they are offering nearby is a certificate for a $100 off. But I am in no rush.
  • lar7lar7 Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I live near Santa Rosa, CA and I have a loaded '96 4runner SR5 4x4, 5 speed, 139,000 hyw miles in immaculate condition and would like to know the best venue through which to sell it and what opinions there are as to it's value. I'm selling it because I recently bought a '96 limited edition 4runner for $10,800 at Putnam Buick in Burlingame that was in great shape. I keep seeing my '96 SR5's year and model with the same features for $9500 to $11,000 and I'm a bit confused regarding the Kelly Blue Book values vs. Edmunds. KBB has my value for private party at $8,999 and Edmunds has it at $10,400. Why the huge difference? I haven't seen any with my features as low as KBB. My 4runner was keyed a year ago so I paid above the insurance $ and had the entire truck repainted with the new clear coat paint that won't fade. It also has a rare wood dash, new tires, shocks and is practically in like new condition - no scratches or dings. So with all this, what price should I be asking and where is the best place to put an ad? Thanks for the advice.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Start here: How to sell your car.

tidester, host
  • lar7, you should check out the "Real-World Trade-In Values" thread in the buying and selling section here at edmunds.com. Some helpful and very expert folks there gave me good advice last year. You can often get a specific opinion about your car and it's condition.

IMHO, a vehicle like yours is best sold as a private party sale, and not traded in. But that means you need to a good job of marketing the vehicle, and that takes thought and some effort. I used a combination of internet venues and local newspapers. In terms of "...seeing any with your features as low as..." a specific figure, remember that the asking prices you see in the newspapers are commonly inflated (in my experience) by about 10-20%. For a vehicle in very good condition like yours, but with 140k miles, you may have a challenge to convince prospective buyers (before they see it) that it is really in as good condition as it is. One benefit of the kind of internet advertising that I did is that you can describe in much more detail than a print ad just how good the vehicle is. Good luck.
  • What kind of 4Runner are you looking for?
  • Equipment:

Sunroof, Leather, Spolier, Wind Deflector, DRL, Roof Rack, Double Decker Cargo, Cargo Net, Mats.

Sticker: $31,150
    Paid: $26,500 ($27,250 minus $750 Rebate)
    TTL: $1,895
    OTD: $28,395 (6.25% sales tax and no trade in)
    Also financed at 3.65% for 60 months with ZERO down.
    Color: Galatic Grey with stone leather.

Bought from Toyota of Richardson, Texas on Valentine's day. About 5 inches of snow fell in Dallas Friday night and the dealership ws not that busy. I know I got a hell of a deal because of the weather.

My wife and I started at $26,000 for the car and final offer from us was $26,500. The sales manager declined and we left for Toyota of Plano. This second dealership had the same care but Silver exterior color. They were willing to go down to $26,250. After we arrived at Toyota of Plano, the Richardon dealer kept calling me on the phone and agreed to $26.5K. It was funny that Toyota of Plano just would not let us go away. Talk about price war w/ customer emerging as the winner!!
  • I, too, did the final negotiations of my 4Runner on that snow day here in Dallas. Mine was a different situation though as I had this vehicle brought in from Covington, Louisiana because I found none that fit my requirements around here (I was extremely particular on what I wanted, nothing more, nothing less on my options). So I got my silver 2004 v8 Limited 4Runner with:
    6CD changer
    sunroof
    x-reas shocks
    drive/pass curtain/side airbags
    rear spoiler
    side signal mirrors
    extra mile package
    sound sealant package (or whatever its called)
    daytime running lights
    sunroof wind deflector
    and it does have the michelin cross-terrains

Price was $36,200 +TTL. And I financed it at 0.0% for 36 months, with no $ down (which saves about 3,500 right there..) Happy hunting!
  • Congratulations on your new purchase. You got a great price.

I will be ordering shortly and was curious about the "side signal mirrors". I don't see them in the brochure and they sound interesting. What are they and how to order?

What is the "extra mile package"?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,980

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• The side signal mirrors are code: SU. They replace the current ones and have the red arrow that appears from about 7 "dots" in the mirror when you are signaling. I like them as it allows cars on your side to see what you're doing, not just cars behind you. It took my dealership about 3.5 hrs to install them. I'm sure you can order them because that is what I did.

The Extra Mile package includes things like tape stripe, wheel locks, mats, tint, etc. It should show up on the Toyota website when you 'build a 4runner'.
  • Thanks for your helpful feedback. Mirrors sound like a great and safe idea.
  • jorgejorge Posts: 1
    I purchased a Add car for a SR5 4Runner 2WD the only options were the mats, and the roof rack.
    I purchased the car at Toyota of Orange located in Southern California.

Cash Price: 23745.00
    Doc Fee: 45.00
    Sales Tax: 1843.73
    License Fees: 201.00
    Registration/Transfer/Titling: 9.00
    California Tire Fees: 5.00
    Sub Total: 25,848.73
    Rebate: -750.00
    Total: 25,098.73
    (No trade in.)
    Monthly Payment: 265.38

The salesman gave me a very difficult time about financing. Would not give me any time to find financing on my own. (I wish I came in with this already completed.) The sales person initially came in with a 6.9% interest rate for 48 months! (We are financing 11,500) We got the interest rate down to 5% after a very contentious period.
    We could have gotten a 3.99% loan which would have reduced our payment to 260 dollars a month if I came in with my own financing.
  • I live in Santa Clara, CA , in the market fo a 4Runner. My dealer told me Toyota does nto offer 0% APR for the 4Runners. Anyone know how to check if that is gone or toyota just does not offer 0%APR for 4Runners. Also anyone know if theres an option to get leather interior in the Sports Ed V6 4Runner? Dealer also told me its not an option for the SE.
  • aroutharouth Posts: 45
    Go to buyatoyota.com and type in your zip code. It has a list for the incentives in your area including 0.0% financing. They don't offer many incentives on 4Runners though so don't hold your breath.