Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am looking at new 2006 model left over at the dealer -- any idea what kind of markdown off MSRP I can hope for?
  • Based on my experience, not much. Check my message #1439 regarding a Demo '06 w/5200 miles and a couple of bad dings/paint chips.

MSRP was $35,705. Their actual selling price would have been a flat $33,000, without my trade, +TTL and any other fat they might bury in the paperwork (which they did). In the plus column, I would have gotten 1.9% APR financing for 60 months. That interest rate would have saved me about $2400 compared to the 5.75% I got on my Pathfinder. But, that barely offset the mileage penalty that I figure was due on the 4Runner (which they didn't consider), and I ended up with a NEW truck rather than a Demo.

At the end of the day, though, they couldn't have PAID ME to take the 4Runner!!
  • Is Toyota redesigning the 4Runner for 2008? I'm seriously considering a salsa red pearl '07 but would rather wait if it's going to be changed.
  • 07 4X4 V8
    tonneau
    Black Roof rack
    17" alloy
    Rr Spoiler
    Running lamps
    Moonroof
    Carpet Mats

MSRP 34319
    Invoice 31029

Sale price: 29029

So basically 2000 below invoice including the 1500 rebate.
  • jj77jj77 Posts: 1
    Where did you happen to buy? SR5 or Sport? I have been looking for awhile but have not been able to solidify that good of a deal. Thanks.
  • SR5. I used the build and price option on the Toyota Web page and when prompted submitted it to the local dealer and they came back with the internet offer. That's it. My impression was that, that was the internet special they were currently running. I don't think you can touch a Sport for that price, got to be 2K more I would think.
  • Edmond:
    MSPR = 27,635
    Invc = 24,677 <===============

I saw on newspaper (Feb/2/2007):
    2007, 4Runner, SR5, V6, PW, PDL, RUN BOARD, ROOF RACK

MSRP = 29,219
    DISCOUNT = 4731
    REBATE = 1500
    NET COST = 22,988 <==============

Is this possible to buy a car UNDER invoice price ?????
  • They don't discount them that deeply in Texas. Sounds like a demo or used vehicle . . . or worse. Trust me, that ad doesn't tell the whole story.
  • Yeah they extended the rebate to 2/28. Mine had 37 miles on it as they had to bring it from a sister dealership. They had disclosed that to me though, indicating that the vehicle would have less than 100 miles. It does seem to vary but I've seen reported even better deals. I just liked not having to haggle.
  • It seems hard to find a 4Runner with navigation. What's up with that? Is there no demand or does Toyota intentionally keep them rare?
  • "It seems hard to find a 4Runner with navigation."
    I think at that price point, folks are buying the Lexus.
  • I purchased my 2007 Limited with navigation last week. I have pretty much tried out everything. We love it. Comfortable ride, great Nav, back-up camera, bluetooth. Extremely nice car. Bought it in Scottsdale, AZ from Right Toyota. They are a great, no-nonsense dealer--my 3rd vehicle from them. Great price on a vehicle which is hard to come by. Was worth the wait.
  • Hi, there! I just moved to Carlsbad, and am looking for a 2007 4 Runner, white or beige, Limited, V 6, not V-8, with navigation. I am really only looking at the 4 Runner because of the back window rolling down for my dogs. What was your final price before taxes, etc. for your vehicle? Would you say this was a smooth-enough driving car, or is it a bit rugged?
    Thanks, Beach Rosie
  • I'm in Central NJ and plan to purchase a 4Runner at the end of the month. Up until 2003 I had a 4 wheel drive 4Runner and always appreciated its capability when we got some significant snowfall.

Since 2003 I've been driving a Lexus ES, front drive, traction control, stability control. In looking back over these years I'm realizing it was a very good car on snowny roads. While it certainly hasn't gripped the road like the 4Runner did (at least like my fading memory thinks it used to grip the road!), the traction control has gotten me up hills and the stability control has never let the back end slide.

So now I am wondering just how valuable 4 wheel drive is in a 4Runner with traction and stability control with a driver who is careful in snow, is able to leave work early when it starts snowing, and sticks to main roads in bad weather.

Does anyone have experience with both 2W and 4W drive 4Runners in snowy roads? Just how valuable is the 4W drive?

Thanks in advance!
  • woodywwwoodyww Posts: 1,797
    I'm no expert, but what would be the advantage to owning a 2wd 4runner in Snow Country? You'd have to save a huge amount to make it worthwhile IMO. And I can't imagine resale values of 2wd 4runners is that good in the Northeast.

Don't forget, the ES is FWD; it's snow handling has absolutely nothing to do with a RWD SUV. A 2wd 4runner is RWD (right?)
  • I paid invoice price for my 2007 4Runner Limited. I find ot very smooth. It is fun to drive and very comfortable. No regrets.
  • ucscucsc Posts: 48
    Hi there,

I am Philly area, and would like to buy a 4Rummer SPORTS w/o moon roof to save $$$. But my local Toyota dealer told me that SPORTS always come with the moon roof. Is that true? Has any of you guys got a SPORTS w/o moon roof? Thanks!

Cheers,

Peter
  • many dealers in st. louis area tell me that 4runners - sr5 with third rows aren't available in this region. is this true?

a dozen listings in area for 2006 sr5 4runners, ~15,000 miles, for ~$26,000

doesn't seem like alot of depreciation. especially since there are 2007 sr5 for $25,000. what's is the most I can reasonably expect dealers to come down from that price?
  • $24,888 plus 6.25% state tax and around $250 for doc and fees. The unit would have the mats and cross bars on top.

Any feedback on price? Any options I should insist on getting besides this basic setup? I'm a basic, casual person...do not need glamour...

The main reason I am getting this unit is safety AND the back window rolls down to provide cross venting for the dogs. Woof! :shades:
  • Hi! I am also only looking at the 4 Runner for my dogs...crazy!! Ihave a Briard and a pure white Golden Retriever!! Bonaparte & Marley! The windows sre always slimed and messy...right now I have a Solara SLE convertible, and they LOVE the top down, buckled in....ears flying in the wind. Quite a sight driving down Coast Highway, playing Bob Marley tunes, looking out to the ocean. Hope I have as much fun in my 4 Runner! Rolling down that back window, and putting up a doggie barrier, should work better than any other vehicle! Good luck! RosieBeach
  • Are there any parts of the country where you can a Limited without a sunroof? Northeast region is sunroof only and I'm starting an online search to all points south and west! If anyone has insight into this I'd greatly appreciate it!
  • The current design came out in the 2003 models, so I wouldn't expect another redesign until 2010 models appear (7 years is typical).
  • rosiebeach - never thought of a Solara drop-top for the pups - too wild! good luck to you too... :shades:
  • I can't speak to the 2W drive 4Runner. But I can tell you that my 4X4 V8 07SR5, is absolutely unreal in the snow. And I'm comparing this to my previous 4X4 Blazer, my wife's 4X4 Durango and our 325xi AWD. I have never driven a vehicle that makes snow such a non event. Really for the price it's such a steal anyway, plus they have the 1500 cash back till the end of the month anyway.
  • rengawrengaw Posts: 22
    A good friend of mine is in the market for a new 4 Runner. A good price standard to go by is Fitz Mall on the east coast. We live in the Pacific Northwest and he is thinking of going back east to buy it. My question is whether there is a place on the west coast, or more specific the northwest, that is known for giving good deals on Toyotas like Fitz Mall is on the east coast. Any help would be appreciated.
  • How much did you pay (Invoice price)? Did you have additional options on it other than 4Runner Limited (comes from factory)? I am plannig to get some quote on it and just wanted to see how much others have paid on it.
  • c5t4rc5t4r Posts: 13
    I'm in Texas and just starting looking at the '07 4Runner SR5's - we've held off on getting a 2nd vehicle about as long as we can so I'm looking at buying by the end of this month...here are the 2 deals I have. Thoughts opinions? The more expensive one doesn't have $600 value in added options to me...(wheel locks, FA Kit, Window Tint, Fabric Guard) - and don't the tires come with a warranty anyway???

#1 $30,375 MSRP/ $26,532 Sell/ $28,436 OTD with $1500 rebate

17" Alloy Wheels w/P265/65R17 Tires
    Tonneau Cover
    Double Decker Cargo System w/Cargo Net
    Black Roof Rack & Cross Bars
    50 State Emissions
    Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob:
    Includes: Cruise Control & Audio Controls
    Power 8-Way Driver and 4-Way Passenger
    Fabric Seat
    Daytime Running Lights
    Nightvision Mirror Upgrade
    Includes Compass
    Carpet Mat Set (5 pc)
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Cargo Mat
    Security System Upgrade

#2 $30,998 MSRP/ $27209 Sell / Approx $29,100 OTD
    50 State Emissions $0
    17" Alloy Wheels W/P265/65r17 Tires $100
    Tonneau Cover $90
    Black Roof Rack And Cross Bars $220
    Daytime Running Lights $40
    Double Decker Cargo System W/Cargo Net $125
    Leather Steering Wheel And Shift Knob:
    &#149; Includes: Cruise Control And Audio Controls $220
    Power 8-Way Driver And 4-Way Passenger
    &#149; Fabric Seat $635
    Window Tint $179
    The Extra Mile Option Package A
    &#149; Custom Tape Stripe
    &#149; Nightvision Mirror Upgrade
    &#149; Cargo Net
    &#149; First Aid Kit
    &#149; Carpet Mat Set (5 Pc)
    &#149; Fabric Guard
    &#149; Security System Upgrade
    &#149; Wheel Locks
    &#149; Road Hazard Tire Warranty
    &#149; (3 Years / 36,000 Miles)
    &#149; Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles
    &#149; Extra Mile Extended Life Tires
    &#149; (6 Yrs/100,000 Miles)

Any advice you could provide would be helpful! Thank you!!
  • smcgeesmcgee Posts: 2
    I purchased a '06 4 runner sport edition last spring with cloth seats. I have two kids under age 8 who are constantly spilling stuff. My take is that "fabric guard" is a waste of money. My seats are just fine 10 months into my purchase, and I could not be happier with the vehicle, it is very high quality. The best way to keep seats and carpets clean is to rent a steam cleaner once a year. These dealer add ons are really just a profit center for the dealer and do not add value to the car. good luck with your purchase, and buy a 4x4 version of this car if you are going to bother, as these really can go off road.
  • Hi there,

Here is what I did. I started with Carsdirect.com. A reputable website. I got great pricing. But they just couldnt find the exact 4 runner I wanted. So, I went to two local Toyota dealers - mossy toyota and kearny mesa toyota in san diego. Mossy was a joke - really shady. Kearny Mesa was straight up honest with me. They charged me invoice price + $500.00 with the car on the lot or + $900.00 if it has to be ordered outside. The pricing ended up being within $200.00 of Carsdirect.com. I ordered an 07 sport v8 4x2 in shadow mica. It is set to arrive in 8 days. What I would further suggest, is pick exactly what you want from Edmunds. Print out the page showing the invoice pricing. Take it to the dealership and stick to that when you go to the dealer. If they wont dance, take your business elsewhere. Remember - you hold the cards - not them.

I hope this helps!

Jeff
  • Hi, everyone! I just got a call from one of three top Toyota dealers in San Diego...I was offered $800 under Invoice with another $1500 from rebate...I haven't followed thru, and don't know what they will throw to me at the dealership, but a reputable offer, and I'll let you all know if I buy it.. (Limited V6, roof rack, 4wd, beige...2007). Whatever happens, invoice price, LESS rebate, can be BEAT!!