Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I've got a quote on a new 2007 at a dealers lot for $30,999 that includes a $2000 rebate. For my zip code the Edmunds TMV is $33,366, cars.com smart target price is $33,495 and carsdirect.com says $31,366 (includes rebate). Options as follows:

V6
    auto dimming rear view mirror
    JBL Stereo
    double decker cargo system w/cargo net
    side and curtain airbags
    115V AC power point
    garage door opener/Homelink
    rear spoiler
    daytime running lights
    moonroof
    tow hitch and ball mount
    carpet floor mats/cargo
    VIP RS3200 alarm system
    alloy wheel locks
    Valor exhaust tip

Color is Galactic Gray which is not my favorite but I think this is a darn good price. The Consumer Reports dealer cost with options comes out to $30,026 including a dealer holdback figure of $645. Need to figure out if I can get the low financing or use my home equity LOC. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    You want 6500-8000 off msrp for a 33k ish leftover 07. This is exclusive of financing deals. Try to avoid using edmunds TMV and other "target" prices as they can be a joke for some cars, especially trucks. You can also use edmunds and others for free info on invoice and such.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I've got a quote on a new 2007 at a dealers lot for $30,999 that includes a $2000 rebate. For my zip code the Edmunds TMV is $33,366, cars.com smart target price is $33,495 and carsdirect.com says $31,366 (includes rebate). Options as follows:

V6
    auto dimming rear view mirror
    JBL Stereo
    double decker cargo system w/cargo net
    side and curtain airbags
    115V AC power point
    garage door opener/Homelink
    rear spoiler
    daytime running lights
    moonroof
    tow hitch and ball mount
    carpet floor mats/cargo
    VIP RS3200 alarm system
    alloy wheel locks
    Valor exhaust tip

Color is Galactic Gray which is not my favorite but I think this is a darn good price. The Consumer Reports dealer cost with options comes out to $30,026 including a dealer holdback figure of $645. Need to figure out if I can get the low financing or use my home equity LOC. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
  • i30rlsi30rls Posts: 28
    Hey, Kenord
    That's a good price, but I think you should pick 0% - 1.9% financing if they still have the program instead of $2000 cash back...
    Toyota Financing is usually 6.5% which is worse in the long run than having $2000..
    See if you can use carbuyingtips.com in your negotiations. Good Luck
  • 08 V6 Sport Edition 4x4 with options RL, EJ, TO, QW, RF, SR, NJ, EC, CM, CF, SP, NE w/ $685 Freight. MSRP $35,286 plus tax & DMV & Tire Fee
    AutoLand.com: Invoice $31,559 (inc $685 freight), Sale price $31,859, 6 Year 100k warranty $100 ded added $1,079. OTD price $34,780. CarsDirect.com was $1,586 higher for same vehicle & warranty.
  • I just purchased a 4Runner from Maita (Sacramento). I bought a 2007 SR5 4X4 V6 MSRP-$34,400. I wrote a check for $31,000 out the door. No trade in. I think I paid a fair price (according to Consumers Reports), it was at the lowest price to pay on their report. I did not purchase an extended warranty. Still debating. Did you? How much did you pay for your 4Runner? For the extended warranty?
    Hi, Danelleg

Back in Sept 07 I bought 4x4 V6 Sports Edition and it came out to be $30,499 that was the final price the manager went for, we brought him down from $35,000. We were offered extended warranty, which I took and paid another $1,300... I don't regret paying for it, gives me peace of mind. It is really up to you if you want to buy it.
  • Hey guys,
    Looking to pick up a well equiped, 08 sport or limited by the end of December. Can anyone give me some guidance on what I can reasonably expect to negotiate off of sticker?

Thank You,
    Allan
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 293
    The bad news is the dollar has plummeted against the yen in the past 4 months (4Runners are 100% Japanese content and assembly). The good news is there seems to be a good supply of 4Runners out there. In our region, I think there's still a $1,000 rebate offered, so folks here look to pay invoice or maybe a little less than invoice.
  • I just bought an 07 4-runner left over sport edition. I think I got a great deal. $29954 with leather, all options, hitch, sunroof etc. I am a little wary of the leather seats. The dealership put the leather in with the heated seats. Another saleperson, who had nothing to gain because I already bought the car, stated this leather was better because it was genuine leather and it is double stitched. The heating controls are on off switches with hi and low modes on the console. The seats get warm after awile but not hot. I drove a limited with leather and those seats didn't get very hot.

My questions are:
    SHould I be concerned with the quality of the aftermarket leather? (Just looking for peace of mind)
    And also, should the Toyota heated seats get hot and anyone with installed leather and heated seats having this problem?
    Hey, Marcrock1

That's a good price for sport edition with leather seats. They usually don't come with leather, I think you got a good deal with those. If I were you, I wouldn't be worried, besides, whatever they add is covered under their Toyota warranty, so if there is a problem, I am sure they can fix it.
  • Hi I am going to be buying a new 08 4runner in the next few weeks I have got some prices but they still seem high. I live in florida here are the different dealer quotes.

2008 8664 - $34,013 OUT The Door with all tax and fees $30,769.
    another offer I got is $31,799 plus your tag and it is the correct color

Double Decker Cargo system
    115 Volt Power Outlet
    Power Seats
    Daytime Running Lights
    JBL 6 Disc System
    Garage Door Opener with Homelink
    Value Package (17" Alloys, Moonroof, Roof Rack, Tonneau Cover, Audio Controls on Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob)
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Group

I went to a dealer after speaking with the internet department told me he could get me out the door at 25k with my trade, once I arrived the vehical that he could do this for me was (JUST SOLD) and the new price is 29K+.
    Thanks for the help
  • Does anyone know when the new 4runners will come out??? 2009, 2010, ??
  • There is a 2007 4Runner Limited demo vehicle with 7700 miles. It is still a
    "new" car and was used by some Toyota regional manager. It is a Limited V8
    with Navigation, Restraint package, X-REAS, moonroof, glass breakage
    sensor and XM radio.

Invoice is $39560.

They are offering it to me for $37916 less $2000 incentive = $35,916.

They get that price by taking invoice and subtracting $2614 for "Company
    Car Discount," and $767 for Dealer Holdback and $383 for "Wholesale
    Financial Reserve."

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not.

7700 miles seems like a lot.
  • That sounds like a good deal. 7700 miles is nothing. That's a good two months for me.

I have purchased demos from Toyota and Subaru and have had good luck so far.
    check kelly blue book value...

the car is categorized as used.
  • I just purchased a new 2008 SR5 4Runner, 4x4, V6 equipped with

sun roof
    tow hitch
    leather steering
    anti-theft
    roof rack
    rear spoiler
    6-disc am/fm
    115V AC power point
    daytime running

price: 27,500+TTL (no destination charge)
  • jettafacejettaface Posts: 15
    Hi, I ordered a 2008 V6 4x2 Limited end of September, 07. Was told wait would be about 3 mos. Checked with dealer again this week and was told Japan would be able to give info in April. Does it usually take this long for a special order? Was told I can get my money back or look at a car on the lot. I ordered what I wanted as paying this much, heck, I want it to be special. Put down $1K. Out the door price was $39,150. Think I got about $4450 off MSRP. I added sunroof deflector, performance dual exhaust, NAV pkg (as I wanted backup camera), park pilot, Value pkg which includes power sun roof, rear spoiler/stop lamp, and X-REAS sport suspension, daytime lights, hitch, mats and cargo mat. Got dealer to add pin stripes, exhaust tips and wheel locks. No rebate avail at the time I ordered. Anyway, does price seem good and any info from others that ordered vs buying on lot? Thanks much.
    What was the msrp and dealer fees?

The honda pilot has been selling for 7000+ off msrp for several months now. The Honda ridgeline also. This is where they traditionally sell for in july, however many incentives are being bumped up 3 months or so due to the economy and gas.

The 33000 4runner usually sells for around 7000+ off msrp in july-august. I would want 6k or so off now given the situation with other manufacturers. I would want at least 7000+ off the $39,000 model.

If your vehicle was around 33k (with dest) MSRP you did OK. However after the sale is a non-ideal time for research.

Happy Drivin
    --jjf

I just purchased a new 2008 SR5 4Runner, 4x4, V6 equipped with

sun roof
    tow hitch
    leather steering
    anti-theft
    roof rack
    rear spoiler
    6-disc am/fm
    115V AC power point
    daytime running

price: 27,500+TTL (no destination charge)
  • raul76051raul76051 Posts: 19
    The MSRP is around $32300 and they are asking $27600 plus TT&L.

It has the following:
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof W/Sunshade
    Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid System
    Power 8-Way Driver And 4-Way Passenger
    Rr Spoiler W/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp
    Side Signal Mirror Upgrade.
    Double Decker Cargo System W/Cargo Net
    Leather Steering Wheel And Shift Knob:
    Includes: Cruise Control And Audio Controls

and much more...

Since it's an 07 do you think they will go for $25000?...
    If you look up the 07 vehicle used on nada.com and kbb.com, I doubt the 32500 vehicle wholesales outstanding cond. for more than 22000 with 14000 miles on it. 25000 would have been an ok price 6 months ago, depending on the price and extent of dealer installed stuff.

I would definitely get 10 bids end of month from 10 or more dealers on this vehicle on a more plentiful 08. You may be able to get the same vehicle brand new for 26000 or 27000. The 07 is going on 2 years old.

--jjf
    The MSRP is around $32300 and they are asking $27600 plus TT&L.

It has the following:
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof W/Sunshade
    Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid System
    Power 8-Way Driver And 4-Way Passenger
    Rr Spoiler W/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp
    Side Signal Mirror Upgrade.
    Double Decker Cargo System W/Cargo Net
    Leather Steering Wheel And Shift Knob:
    Includes: Cruise Control And Audio Controls

and much more...

Since it's an 07 do you think they will go for $25000?...
  • dizzy7dizzy7 Posts: 6
    Here is the story of when I leased a brand new 4Runner when I had just graduated from college, it's too large to post here: Trees Full of Money :confuse:
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    Disagree. I own my current 4runner and am going back to a BMW lease.

Here's why I think that a lease payment is OK:

1. New car = new safety technology. My life is worth $4800 a year. This works out to be a small percentage of my income.

2. Uncle Sam lets me write off the more of the lease than it does for the equivalent owned car.

3. Owning a used car _can_ come with equivalent maintenance bills. Last year the maintenance and repair costs for my '05 owned 4runner were around $3200.

Depends on the car though.

The plan was to keep the 4runner for 10 years but it has not proved to be reliable enough.
  • raul76051raul76051 Posts: 19
    Do you really think that a dealer will go for $10000 off MSRP? If they do, do you think i should make the buy at the end of the month since i'm in no hurry, this is for the 07 4 RUNNER
    Not necessarily. With scattered leftovers like that you can always find some rube looking for a "leftover". They may sell it for 6600 off msrp even though they had a volume reduction of most of them in july-sept for 7000+ off. This would be worse if a new 08 may be had for possibly 6000 off. Thats why you should investigate the situation with the 08's.

I never looked up your vehicle on the used wholesale sites but if the 07 wholesales for 12000 off msrp after 1 year with 100 miles on it 10000+ off msrp is about what it is worth.

--jjf

Do you really think that a dealer will go for $10000 off MSRP? If they do, do you think i should make the buy at the end of the month since i'm in no hurry, this is for the 07 4 RUNNER
  • wmp1283wmp1283 Posts: 7
    I'm in Everett WA. Looking to buy a new 2008 4Runner 4x4 SR5, with options like: sunroof, JBL, homelink, autodimming mirror, hitch, roof rails, mats, 115V AC.

Reading here it seems like I should be able to get a price of $6000 less than MSRP - which should put me at around $27,300 + tax and license?

Anyone here in Seattle area with a good dealer and sales professional to work with?

Is my understanding above on price accurate? It seems hard to even find a used 2006 or 2007 for that price...

Thanks in advance...
  • jw331jw331 Posts: 1
    I just bought the truck with 110k on it, i had the head gasket replaced but I now read about possibly being reimbursed for the repair. Is this true? If so how do I go about getting reimbursed. Also the tie rods need repair, another possible reimbursement?
  • tdkooltdkool Posts: 3
    Has anyone purchased this model? If yes were you able to negotiate down?

It seems like a good value, as it has navigation & some trim extras. Since its a "special" version does that mean you have little chance to negotiate down?

MSRP=35,045
    Invoice=31,110
    Look up the truck 07 model used on kbb.com and nada.com with 14000 miles. If the used wholesale price is $25000 or less, (10000+ under msrp which it surely is) you want at least $5000-6000 off. If the dealer feels he can milk it for more being a special of some sort that would be your call. The plain vanilla 33k 4runner is a 5000-7000+ off vehicle depending on the beginning or end of the model year.

Good luck
    --jjf

Has anyone purchased this model? If yes were you able to negotiate down?

It seems like a good value, as it has navigation & some trim extras. Since its a "special" version does that mean you have little chance to negotiate down?

MSRP=35,045
    Invoice=31,110
  • wmp1283wmp1283 Posts: 7
    What would be a reasonable price for a 2008 SR5 w/ an MSRP of $32,500?

Best quote I've been able to get so far is $4500 off MSRP (including the cash back).

Haven't looked that hard yet... but I was hoping for more like $5000-6000 off MSRP - i.e. $27-$27.5K + tax/lic.
  • wrj1wrj1 Posts: 9
    Am looking at a 2008 V6 Limited JBL synthesis, Extra Value Pkg and Tow Hitch and am wondering if it is realistic to get them down to a selling price closer to $32K. Considering a 36 mo lease, 12000 miles, and nothing down.

Retail Price: $36975 w/ 1880 in accessories.
    Dealer Price: 31909 w/ 1424 in access.
    (For reference: Edmunds TMV as 33,893 with 1326 in access.)

Cap cost = 36,774.
    Residual: 22,046
    No security deposit.
    Monthly payment with tax: $520.37

C'mon! I want to see something closer to $32K for the selling price. And then I was hoping to cash in on the $1500 cash rebate to boot. Would make for a monthly payment closer to $360, Am I crazy?