Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tommyg12tommyg12 Posts: 158
    The Toyota 4Runner mid-size SUV receives freshened styling and interior enhancements for 2006. All models receive a restyled front fascia that includes a newly designed grille, front bumper, integrated fog lamps, and projector headlamps along with restyled rear combination lamps and rear bumper. Additional styling changes include redesigned lower cladding, mudguards, and overfenders. All 4Runner models include a reinforced center pillar for improved rigidity and increased thickness on the front windshield and front door glass for reduced wind noise. All new 18-inch alloy wheels are standard equipment on the Limited grade.

Inside, the 4Runner features an updated meter cluster appearance, and mini-port in the center console for connectivity to most portable music players. Power adjustable fabric seats are standard on Sport Edition and SR5 V8 models, and optional on the SR5 V6 grade. The Limited grade now receives standard memory seats and black wood graphic interior trim.
    With all of its added standard equipment and refreshed styling, 4Runner retains its excellent value. The 4Runner 4x2 will carry a base MSRP ranging from $27,635 for the SR5 V6 with a five-speed automatic to $36,110 for the Limited grade V8 with a five-speed automatic. The base MSRP for the 4Runner 4x4 ranges from $29,910 for the SR5 V6 with a five-speed automatic to $38,385 for the Limited grade V8 with a five-speed automatic. Total 4Runner average MSRP increase is $150 or 0.5 percent.
  • locomolocomo Posts: 29
    Was offered a 4x4 V6 Sport w/ Moonroof for $29,522 (33,369 MSRP) +TTL in Tennessee.
    Would have been lower if I bought yesterday, but they said this price was good for a month (assuming $500 rebate). Anyone think this is a good deal or should I hold out for a lower price or the above mentioned 2006?
    Thanks
  • lorryfanlorryfan Posts: 76
    tommyg12-

Very helpful information - can you please post the link to the webpage where you got this info? Also do you know when the 06 models will hit the dealer showrooms?
    sorry, should have listed the link within the posting.........

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20050729a

The '06s are scheduled to arrive late August, early September.
  • Just got home with my new 4 Runner. I leased a Limited v8, with Nav, rear spoiler, side airbags, moonroof, and the preferred accessory package(Z1). MSRP was $42,781. I Leased it for 39 months w/ 15K miles a year. My monthly payment is $520.56 and I put zero down.

How does that sound to you guys?
    Hopefully your cap cost wasn't MSRP. Dealers in my area are all at least $1000 dollars under invoice. One example is a 4x4 Limited V8 with a $40,046 msrp, with a selling price of $34,388. A 48 month lease payment is right at $400.
  • boxtypeboxtype Posts: 8
    Guys,
    Can't help to notice the price people paid for their HIGHLANDER..(see highlander discussion..)
    I own an '05 4Runner and the Highlander is not even a contender!
    this is a great discussion forum BTW, everybody seemed to be getting a good deal.
    The HL discussion is almost unreal..are the jacking up their price or what?

Any thoughts?
    boxtype
  • My bad, I forgot to list my cap cost. My cap cost was $37,288.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Let's just stick to 4Runner pricing in here. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 36 month SR5 v6 4wd 15k miles per year lease

Anyone think I should be able to lease this for $350 a month?
  • locomolocomo Posts: 29
    Anyone know what the new rebates for August are?
    Thanks
  • We are interested in side-curtain airbags on a SR5 or Sport (in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area). Haven't found one yet, in fact, one dealer told us they weren't available on anything but the Limited (contrary to Toyota literature). Does anyone in my area have any input on this?

I also put out some internet quote requests to dealers, and all but one said "Come in to get the quote." Is this normal?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    Toyota builds different vehicles in different configurations depending on the area of the country that you're in. It could very well be that they're not building SR-5 4-Runners with the side airbags in your area. The literature shows what the options are nationwide, but don't tell you what they have available in your particular area. With Toyota, you can not "order" a vehicle picking and choosing options either. As for the internet quotes, it is not uncommon so that they can narrow down the "real" people from those who are just fishing for info but don't have any intentions of buying. You may want to pick up the phone and it will probably get you alot more info more quickly.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • timjkatimjka Posts: 1
    I just purchased my 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V8 from a Toyota dealer in MD. After a month of price searching I feel I got a good deal.

Exterior color: Titanium
    Interior Color: Stone/gray cloth
    V8 engine
    4x4
    SR5
    OPTIONS
    AW Aluminum Alloy wheels
    CF Floor Mats
    CM Double Deck Cargo System
    DJ JBL AM/FM/Cass/CD w/ 8 speakers
    DR Roof rack
    ES Exhaust Tip
    GN Cargo net
    NE Leather steering wheel
    RF Rear Spoiler
    SR Power tilt/slide moon roof
    TR Transportation charge
    WH Wireless headphones
    WL Wheel Locks
    FE 50 state eission requirment

The cost was $28,870.00
    VA tax 3% + 914.07
    Tags & title + 78.00
    Processing fee + 99.00

TOTAL of $29,961.07 out the door.
  • You should be able to special order a sport with the side airbags thru some toyota dealership. That's what i did and i live in NYC. Special ordered thru a dealer in NC. ;)
  • krajkraj Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy toyota 4Runner ( 05 model ) SR5 V6 4x4 in Seattle area. The options that I want are

1. Third row seat
    2. 115 Volt AC Power Point
    3. Daytime Running Lights

on internet ( such as cars.com ) shows Invoice as $28,111 and MSRP as 30,070. Can anyone give me some idea on how much should I pay for this ?
  • electroelectro Posts: 1
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. The best quote I have found in Nashville is $28,691 (but our Tn's tax is ove 9%) for a V-8 1005 4runner SR5 with similar options.
  • I was offered the following on a 2005 runner V6 4x4 withe the follwing features:
    17" alloy
    moonroof
    roof rack & cross bars
    rear spoiler
    convenience package(valor tail pipe and hood protector)
    Total MSRP was $32,322 (includes delivery charge)
    The dealere will not budge below $29,233 - ($500 or 3.9 apr)
    Is this a good deal?
    Dayton, OH
  • I too am looking into 4X4 V8 in TX (For tax reasons). Did the price include the $2000 rebate? I am looking to buy within the next 1-2 months.

I have found one in TX with similar options with an MSRP of ~ 34K.

Thanks
  • carheatcarheat Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase this vehicle with the following options SR, EJ, CM, RF, RL, &FE. Invoice is $31, 453 and MSRP is $35,495. However, dealers aren't budging from 32,700. What would be a good price on this vehicle? This price does not include $1500 rebate. Also, I have noticed a lot of V8's left on dealers lots in my area. Is there any hidden manufacturer to dealer incentives anyone knows of? Any info or help would be appreciated.