Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Here is what are are looking at:

2005 SR5 V6 4x4
    17" alloy wheels
    roof rack and crossbars
    leather interior

Please note the leather interior as this is only standard in the Limited Edition. I have found it to be around $1200 to add leather. At this time $32K with 3.9% or 31.5K with rebate off the lot is the best I can find. I refuse to pay the dealers financial reserve, factory hold back and advertising fee. With this dropped the price would be right at 30K which is what I am shooting for. Is this reasonable? The prices I am being offered seem fair 6 months ago. This is clearance time and everybody has plenty of stock on their lots. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Fossil-
    It must be your area. They are littered all over the Phoenix area. They come with a package that includes the upgraded stereo, leather wrapped steering wheel, tinted mirror and dual level cargo upgrade.
  • timjka,

I'm looking for a SR5 4x4 V8 as well. I think you got a super sweet deal. Could me please post the dealership you bought your 4Runner from?

Thanks a lot.
  • shonuffshonuff Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 4Runner Sport or SR5 4X4 V8. What is the going purchase price right now in terms of cost either over or below invoice?

Also, does anyone know if you can use the $1500 rebate with the base money factor? Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • earcomearcom Posts: 16
    My last 4Runner was a 1986 with the fiberglass top so it has been a while but I am considering returning to the fold with a new 2005 V6 4WD. Does anyone know the 12K (36-48months) residuals and money factors for August in Denver Region? Can the $500 incentive be combined with the possibility of low lease rates?
  • mqnycmqnyc Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2005 4Runner Sport 4WD V6 today for:
    $29,289 - $500 Rebate = $28,789.

MSRP = $33,356
    Invoice = $30,038
    Purchase = $28,789

Following options were included:
    - Double Decker Cargo System
    - Rear Spoler
    - Power Moonroof
    - Daytime Running Lights
    - Carpet Floor Mats

I think it was decent deal. Any thoughts?
  • mqnyc,
    I think that was a very good deal. All dealers in my area want to sell it to me way above the invoice price. Where did you get it from?
  • mqnycmqnyc Posts: 6
    dawnriver,

Thanks for the response.

I got quotes from multiple dealers in MA by viewing their inventory online, finding cars of the same trim that that had similar MSRPs wtihin $100 of each other, and calling each directly and asking them about the details of the car and the dealer's final asking price for it after all rebates.

For those dealers that responded with $29,000, I asked that a copy of the invoice for the interested vehicle(s) to be faxed to me to evaluate the options. I told them that I wanted to get as much done over the phone and was ready to come in and close the deal on the same day if we could work out agreeable numbers.

I then let the dealers know that if they could go down any further, I'd go in to get the process started. Basically, you need to let them know you're ready to buy. After getting the cold shoulder from a few dealers and some nominal improvements from others, I picked the dealer that gave me the lowest price.

Surprisely, after getting to the particular dealership, I found them to be extremely pleasant to deal with.

I have to say that some dealers who work specifically with internet/phone sales did not even bother to try.

Good luck.

You can access the local dealer websites via www.toyotausa.com.
  • There seem to be a lot of 05's especially Limited's sitting on dealerships in the Puget Sound area. Every dealership seems to have 5-8 of them. Am thinking of trying to pick up an SR5 or Sport v8. Anyone got any good deals recently??

Red
  • Is $100 over invoice good now on 2005 4runner before rebate, Etc.?

How motivated are new york dealers? :D
  • meko1meko1 Posts: 1
    I'm in the New England area and just purchased one of these last night (SR5 Sport w/v8). I was actually looking v6 at first but the dealer was willing to move more on price for the v8. I was somewhat suprised by this ... entertained the thought, looked at the mileage diff's on both (not much at all between the v6 and v8) Drove both ... and while the v6 is great ... the v8 was just WOW. 330lb of torque really hits you hard when you get on it .... there is a small delay when just dead dropping the pedal to the floor however, which I do believe is due to the new 5sp automatic. I think you get the option of 4sp or 5sp auto in the v6 model.

Pricing was pretty easy ...I had my listings from the weekend paper and then I called multiple dealerships before I chose the one I would walk into.. I was looking at a lease and checked out multiple websites online like Edmunds.com to check current incentives etc... It looks like Edmunds listed a 309.00/mo. lease for the v6 SR5 with 2K down ...I managed to get that over the phone for a Sport before even showing up with a trade. Try and get upfront prices before you go in. Not all dealierships will go with this, but if you can ballpark some stuff over the phone, and then show up with a trade-in, you can bang out a good deal ralatively quickly. A lot of places in this area were offering as little as 3K down for a 199/mo. lease on '05 SR5's while paying 3K under MSRP (MSRP - 3K - DP = Capital Cost). While I'm sure a lot of deals are dealer based at this point due to just getting rid of everything '05, I think most people can get dealer invoice if they push hard enough, or compensate by slightly paying more with haggling in a couple more options here and there
  • kevdogkevdog Posts: 2
    I bought my 2005 4Runner over the weekend.....SR5, V6, 4WD, with the typical sunroof option rather than the 3rd row seating. MSRP was $32,241, invoice was $28,997.
    Salesman repeated they had many V8's in stock with larger rebates if I was interested, told him I wanted the V6, so he didn't push the V8 any longer. Had 2 V6 left, in gray and blue. Choose the gray model and began negotiating.
    It was more of a total purchase price with my trade-in and the 4runner lumped together. The receipt lists the 4runner purchase at $28,800 ($200 below invoice) and my trade-in (1998 Nissan Pathfinder in fair condition) at $5,400. CarMax offered $ 4,000, KBB was about $4,500. So my purchase price was probably a little lower and my car trade-in was a little lower too.
    I felt I got a pretty good deal, spent some time at the dealership, was ready to walk away 2-3 times. Even back in my Pathfinder before we decide to negotiate some more. They must have really wanted to move these. Very happy with everything!
  • Did you pay the $595 destination charge?
  • kevdogkevdog Posts: 2
    Yep, that was included. Also choose the 3.9% financing over the $500 rebate. I was ready to walk away and wait for the 2006's, maybe that's what enabled me to push the envelope a little more and really push these guys for the lowest price.
  • Thanks, Kevdog...I am similarly situated regarding 2006 model.
  • Just bought a SR% 4runner v6 4x2 for $28500 +ttl+tax after $1k toyota rebate includes ( 17" Alloy Wheels w/P265/65R17 Tires , Double Decker Cargo System w/ Cargo Net Black Roof Rack & Cross Bars 50 State Emissions Leather Steering Wheel and shift knob: Includes:Cruise Control & Audio Controls on Steering Wheel Rr Spoiler w/Center High Mounted Stop Lam Daytime Running Lights Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade ** -Port Installed-(BM) ** -Port Installed-(SN) The Extra Mile Option Package A Cargo Net Nightvision Mirror Upgrade First Aid Kit Carpet Mat Set (5 pc) Carpet Floor Mats Rear Cargo Mat Security System Upgrade Custom Tape Stripe 7 Pin to 4 Pin Converter Wheel Locks No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
    Road Hazard Tire Warranty (3 years / 36,000 miles) Roadside Assistance (3 yrs/36,000 Miles Extra Mile Extended Life Tires (6 years / 100,000 miles)
    VIP Sales Follow-Up Vehicle Shield Package Lusterizing Sealant Sound Shield
    Sealant Cleaner Rental Car Assistance Leather Interior Upgrade W / Leather Faced Seats Liquicell Comfort Technology)

No Ertainment center, Navigation system

I was preapproved by my credit union and got qualified for 3.9% apy from toyota as well, called my credit union and they matched the APY to 3.95% real nice surprise from my credit union. So got APY of 3.95% from my credit union and $1000 rebate from toyota. Anybody using their credit union loan make sure to get the rate matched with toyota finance my credit union did withing 5 minutes.

Overall i am thinking it is a very nice deal with the options i had . Tried all dealers right from dallas to san antonio , houston to austin. Ended up buying in san marcos.

What everybody thinks about this options with this price?

Thanks
  • Been hitting the dealers a bit the last few days looking at SR5 and SE V8's. When people are saying they got invoice and below are they they including all the misc other stuff in that price as the delaer quotes invoice.

Dealer invoice = invoice + TDA + holdback + wholesale finance etc.
    or just the invoice (base + invoice accessories) without all of that and then just adding tax, tags etc and destination.

Just a question to help clarify where I am on price. Thanks

Red
  • I just bought a LTD V-8 For invoice minus the rebate of 1750 but the best part it was exactly what I wanted and had no add-on packages.
  • I just bought a LTD V-8 for invoice minus a 1750 rebate for the v-8. Very little difference in mileage between the 6 and 8. MSRP 41,653, PD 35,335
  • Did you ever buy your V8 sport?

I got the the same thing. MSRP approx 36k could bargain down to about what you did with TDA, destination etc all included but tags + tax on top. Still haven't decided what to do myself. Might be worth waiting for a 2006.

Red