Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I GOT A QUOTE FROM A NEW YORK AREA DEALER $29,000 FOR A SR5 4X4 WHICH STICKER PRICE IS $32,897. IS THAT A GOOD PRICE? OR CAN HAVE A LOWER PRICE?
  • Hey, kenlee1820
    what year is it?
    I think you can get that car for lower.
    Email other dealers. And email the new york area dealer asking if that is the best price they can do? You may want to haggle with them. Read my post #1585. Use carbuyingtips.com, cars.com, carsdirect.com to come up with the price. do your research and good luck.
  • I received a quote today for an 07 4runner sr5 model for only 23k in southern california!
  • That is a good price, mooyou123.
    I hope this is the new car you got the price for.
  • this is the 2007 SR5 4X4 WITH OPTIONS and sticker price $32897. how much you paid for your car? and what's the sticker price? let me know so I can compare the price... thank you!
  • Hey, kenlee1820, my car was 2007 4X4 Sports Edition, that comes with options, their MSRP price was $34,695 and I haggled them down to $30,499. Use cars.com to check what would be the suggested smart price. My price was very close to their estimate. Also, use carbuyingtips.com to help you in your negotiations...
    I think for SR5, they should bring down the price below $30,000... depending on the options, (what options does SR5 has?) you can also see actual prices for individual options on edmunds.com. When I was doing my negotiations, I presented them with all the material, so they knew that I knew.
  • thank you for reply i30rls. your price was less MSRP $4196. so I still can haggle them down few hundred bucks. no matter what option the car have, just haggle them down $4000-$4500 from MSRP should be the good price .. right? and still have the $2000 rebate and low APR.
  • 4000 off msrp and the 2000 rebate (6000 off msrp) and the low apr would be a very good deal. Especially if it is exactly what you want on a 30,000-ish model.

Good luck
    --jjf

thank you for reply i30rls. your price was less MSRP $4196. so I still can haggle them down few hundred bucks. no matter what option the car have, just haggle them down $4000-$4500 from MSRP should be the good price .. right? and still have the $2000 rebate and low APR.
  • tyttyt Posts: 1
    does anyone know the factory-to-dealer incentives, if any? edmunds does not list the factory-to-dealer's incentive, so I'm inclined to believe there aren't any
  • Hi i30rls,
    Thanks for your detailed reply. Buying a Toyota is extremely difficult comparing Honda. 2 months ago, I easily bought a Honda at the price I was looking for.
    I put together all options I like and found invoice prices of all. Unfortunately, since there are lots of options, locating one with all the options you like is not easy. I checked out www.toyota.com/4runner for availability in my area and there are some. Some dealers did not bother to reply, I am still looking. As I said, buying a Toyota is too much work.
  • Quoted 32,600.00 out the door price. Is this a good deal?

My other choice is a '07 Lexus RX350 program vehicle, that is certified. has 14,100 miles. out the door is 34,200. Not certain which is the better deal.

I could live with either car.

thanks, stormylolo
  • Stormylolo

Toyota Limited price is good. Does that include rebate. I hope not, I hope you opt for 0% financing. If that is the price with rebate, then it is not as good. It's ok price, they would be making load of money off you. So you should provide more detail on that price you received.
  • hey, welldone.

buying toyota does seem to take a lot of time, but time is money, so if you are going to save thousands of $$$$, why not, if they don't respond to your emails, i think the best thing would be just go to the dealership and inquire if they have the vehicle you want, color, options... and then start negotiating, because it is easy to negotiate on the car that is just parked in their lot and wasting space...
  • Hi i30rls,

I agree. I will try my luck this weekend at a few dealerships since it is month end. I appreciate your help.
  • Was just quoted $37200 for an '07 4Runner fully loaded w/ NAV. Taking the 0% financing for 48 mos. so i lose the incentive and the car is really worth $39K. Original sticker was $43875. Is this a good deal or not? Thanks.
  • I looked at the same truck in memphis, with the sticker being 39 high, they came back with 38 low, and would not budge. I was sure they would go lower with today being the last day of the month and quarter etc. but no luck.
  • i30rlsi30rls Posts: 28
    check with cars.com and edmunds.com to see what the car's smart price is or average price. I think the price for Limited was too high and if they are not budging, leave, go to another dealership. That's what I did then I was told that the price that I wanted, I had to go to DisneryWorld. and guess what, I purchased it the same day for the price that I wanted at another dealership.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Don't know if this was an end of month deal but if the factory msrp sticker was 43900 (not with overpriced dealer add ons) and you get 6700 off plus about 4000 off worth for the 0% that is a good deal. The vehicle may wholesale used after 1 yr for about 14000+ off msrp so they are hardly giving it away.

good luck
    --jjf

Was just quoted $37200 for an '07 4Runner fully loaded w/ NAV. Taking the 0% financing for 48 mos. so i lose the incentive and the car is really worth $39K. Original sticker was $43875. Is this a good deal or not? Thanks
  • talked to the internet pricing people, they are going to beat their own salesman. Told them another dealer was taking 3500 off sticker (39.9) (this is true) and they said they would beat it. Just waiting for the final offer. If it is under 36000 then will take the 200 of as financing is about 6000.

Originally wanted a tahoe, but couldn't get a deal I liked. Have loved 4runners since I wa a kid and had forgotton about them and then looked online and started talking.
  • i30rlsi30rls Posts: 28
    Yes, be careful of those telemarketers working for dealerships, even though they may tell you they will beat the price, make sure to bring your emails to the dealerships, you should have everything documented. Because from my experience, when I got to the dealership, they told me that telemarketer was giving me the price on the lower model, so make sure you mention in the email the model of the car. Don't trust those internet pricing people, all they want is to get you come down to the dealership. You have better chances of negotiating for the car without them giving you a price and getting the best price if they have the car in the lot wasting space.