Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kscotttkscottt Member Posts: 18
    I think that's a great price! What'd you do, date the salesman (or woman)?
  • Options
    ohelloohello Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for checking. Yes, I wanted an SR5 with side airbags. It astonishes me that so few people demand them, but to each his/her own.

Anyway, ended up finding an 03 limited for about the same price as the takes-longer-than-a-baby special order, so jumped at the chance. Got the airbags plus X-REAS and a pile of other goodies and am pretty happy.

Anyway, thanks for the help - that was very nice of you.
  • Options
    i think i'm ready to purchase. let me know what you think of this:

'04 Sport V6 4WD
    EJ NJ RF RL CF
    (don't necessarily want them all, but oh well)

invoice: 29248
    offered: 29748

invoice + 5 seems like a decent deal to me. what do you guys think?
  • Options
    metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Question for any Toyota affiliated people on the board. West coast (Carson Toyota) is advertising $1,500 rebate on leftover 4Runnerws (all styles).
    Edmunds says only $750 mfg to dealer support avail. East coast (NY) Edmunds says only $400 mfg-dealer support avail. "Who's on first?"
    Given that, what would be a reasonable price to offer for a leftover '03 LTD with MSRP of 38K in NY metro area?
    tia,
    metmdx
  • Options
    Here's what i got from Carson Toyota near LA. Worked solely with the Internet/Fleet Managers:

'04 V6 Sport 4WD
    EJ NJ RF RL CF

Invoice: 29248
    Paid: 29748
    Total out-the-door: 32492

Happy with the first 30 miles.
  • Options
    stp1stp1 Member Posts: 8
    04 Sport 4X4 Titanium with charcoal interior in Maine.

Options:
    V8
    Sunroof
    Spoiler
    Daytime running lights
    Mats

Invoice: $30,552

Was going to buy one in October and waited to get one fresh off the factory floor and paid another $500. The invoice went up $500 in Nov. Got the deal because I sold for them a few years ago. The increase is a fact, as every other Sport that came in reflected the same price. Not sure if edmunds has updated there prices on the website to reflect increase.
  • Options
    homeslycehomeslyce Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2004 4Runner with an MSRP of $40,900 and an invoice price of $36,900. My out the door price with document prep fees was $37,000. I owe this great price to the fightingchance.com website. For $30 I got an information packet that gave me everything I needed to make the best deal. I contacted the 13 closest dealerships and had them bidding against each other, and, I didn't have to visit their showroom.
  • Options
    xjeepsterxjeepster Member Posts: 6
    Took eight days, six area dealerships, and one false alarm to learn this V6 in Dark Blue is indeed limited (availability):

EJ
    SR
    NH
    GY
    RF
    RL
    Z1
    WL
    and remote (?)
    $37,375 out the door price.

Seems like good Dealer math for Northern Virginia. I signed the $500 deposit paperwork for Allocation method on 29 Nov. Arriving in NY port on 3 Dec, with estimated arrival at dealership on 13 Dec.

Didn't find this forum until afterwards doh. so now I'm wondering if I should have pushed for the identical V8 already on the dealer lot. V6 price? ;-)

Initial V-8 quote was $38,867 out the door. Then $249 Dealer Processing fee was dropped. End of the month, no customers on the lot, really windy and cold, maybe I should of had a V-8..

Wondering if I should push the button and ask for Michelin treads. Never had Bridgestones. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Options
    Maybe this is more useful:

2004 4Runner Limited V6 4WD in Stratosphere Mica
    Quoted invoice w/ Options (Post #371) = $35,667
    Va Tax 3.17%
    Tags = $48.50
    TOYOTA Dest Fee = $540 (no joy dropping this)

$233 for wheel locks and "remote control for the stereo" seemed excessive, even with the Yen to Dollar conversion, so $249 Dealer Proc was dropped. Not sure if this includes the $64 wireless headphones, so quote w/o options might be $500 over base invoice.

I would recommend Ourisman Toyota for DC/VA/MD buyers, especially if you're looking for out the door quotes. Koons Toyota wouldn't back-up their guarantee of "$1k better" than the next best competitor. And the others wouldn't talk Allocation method when I mentioned no trade-in and pre-arranged financing.
  • Options
    highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    Purchased Wednesday afternoon...

I have had my new Runner just over 32 hours and am very pleased after driving my first 200 miles. And so far no sulfur smell, maybe this problem has been fixed. Have had no time to read or post on this forum, too much fun driving this outstanding truck.

The manual for the navigation is 118 pages. The Quick Reference Guide gets you started with the basics, so far really an easy system to use.

What did I pay? The MSRP is $43,700.00

I payed $39,571.00

Natural White with Oak Interior
    options:
    SR Moon Roof
    GY Curtain Air Bags
    RF Rear Spoiler
    RL Daytime Driving Lights
    CF Floor mats
    NF Rear Air Suspension with X-REAS
    NV Navigation
    WL Wheel Locks
    WH Wireless Head phones

Invoice 38,565.00
    TDA 506.00
    Dealer mark-up 500.00

Total $39,571.00

Documentation fee $149.00
    tag transfer $67.50
    6% sales tax

I was working with two dealers. One had quoted me $569.00 less then I ended up paying but they were going to trade with another dealer and have it driven up to 200 miles to their location. And after three weeks of waiting I really did not believe they were going to find one any time soon. They were really pushing to sell their left over 03 stock. And having this new truck driven from another dealer's location was not acceptable, I wanted low, under 10 miles. The one I purchased had 6 miles on it when I drove off. Now I can take my time a break it in correctly.

No comparison between this 2004 Limited and my 2002 Sport Edition. This is in a class with the best luxury SUV's. Nothing wrong with the 2002 4Runner's, that 3rd generation is better more refined and a more reliable vehicle than what is being offered by the competition. The 4th generation just raised the bar a few notches.

Test drives are o.k. it is the usual process to decide what you want. If you are not sure about this SUV but are really interested, ask the dealer to loan you a demo for a day. Now you can really drive it and decide if it may be right for you. What I am saying is the more you drive this, the more you really begin to realize how solid a truck this is. It is not a car or a cross over mini van with SUV styling, it is a tough rugged truck with a very good ride.

Now to get another 800 miles (1000 mile break-in) on it so I can begin driving it. Will purchase the Borla exhaust end of the month. Add the WAAG rear bumper protector and possibly their new low profile Front Runner and nothing else will be needed, this truck has it all.
  • Options
    aroutharouth Member Posts: 45
    Congrats on the purchase. I couldn't get the TDA waived either. I special ordered a Sport v8 AWD and it should arrive in February. I managed to get the invoice price and then went to several dealers and said that if you waive the TDA I would go with them. They all said the same thing...that they had to pay the TDA to Toyota and it was part of the invoice. I figured at that point it was legit so I bought at invoice.
  • Options
    teridemnteridemn Member Posts: 15
    Hi all--I have been lurking for some time now trying to decide if the 4Runner will be my next vehicle. I have had 2 Grand Cherokees--my most recent is a Limited. I have been pretty happy, although I have 2 different friends who have had transmissions go out the their Grand Cherokee. At any rate I am really trying to justify the 5-6k difference in pricing (more for the runner)--I think I'm there.

I have been soliciting quotes from several of the dealers here in MPLS, MN---although I have been dealing on-line so-far & don't have the entire cost "structure". Compared to pricing other people seem to be getting I think the quotes so far look pretty good. Please let me know what you think.

2004 V8-Limited, Gold W:
    NV-GPS Navigation
    SR-Sun Roof
    GY-Side/Curtain airbags
    RF-Rear Spoiler
    RL-Daytime Running Lights
    Carpet floor matt set

Dealer #1-$38200--not sure if destination included
    Dealer #2-$38068--Dest included
    Dealer #3-$37973--Dest included

Tax & license are extra.

Can someone please tell me where I can find the WAAG Bumper protecter front & rear?
  • Options
    alfster1alfster1 Member Posts: 273
    Those are pretty good prices that you quoted. I am assuming that rear air suspension and XREAS are part of the package also. I paid $38500 for my 03 4Runner Limited in Titanium Silver loaded.

Pricewise, I don't see a $5-6k that you mentioned btw the GC and the 4Runner. A similarly equipped GC Overland shouldn't have that much of a price discrepancy.
  • Options
    The cost does NOT include XREAS. I was told that they are not adding for my part of the country. I haven't pursued any more. Does that sound like a line?
  • Options
    alfster1alfster1 Member Posts: 273
    Hmm, then I guess that rear air suspension isn'n included either or is it?

It could be a line, but I can't see not making X-REAS available. I could understand not including heated seats in a place like Miami,for example. In either case, the price you were quoted isn't bad.
  • Options
    WAAG's site: http://waag.com/

Contact them by e-mail after you log on and they will send you a list of nearest dealers.

Your prices are good. Did you calculate invoice without the TDA or whatever charge you have in your region to be $37842.00?

Add about $550.00 for this TDA or advertising charge and you are at $38392.00. Dealer #3's price is not bad!

If you want or need the X-REAS or air suspension you should find out why it is not available in your region. I have this combined package on mine ($1120.00 invoice cost) and am glad I have it. Do you tow anything or plan on occasion on loading up the truck with heavy items. This air suspension system is great for this.

With all this technical stuff I decided to get the Toyota Platinum 7 year - 100,000 mile ZERO deductible warranty. Only consider this if you plan on keeping the truck past 3 years or 36,000 miles. You do not have to purchase the warranty at time of purchase, have anytime before the 3 year - 36,000 mile factory warranty is up. There are a couple of advantages to buying up front (or maybe not?). If cliffy1 reads this he can answer better. But the Toyota PLATINUM warranty is solid, takes care of practically everything.

JGC vs. 4Runner price: If there is a $5 - 6$K difference it is because of discounts on the JGC. I would not consider any other vehicle then the 4Runner for many reasons, then main one is because it does not break.

Good luck with you selection.
  • Options
    Realize most of these are already included with cool TMV Report feature, but maybe a few more list prices in one place might be helpful:

DJ JBL Stereo w/ 10 speakers = $356*
    EJ JBL w/ 6-CD = $544*
    GY Side/Curtain airbags = $559
    NF Rear air suspension w/ X-REAS = $1120*
    NH X-REAS shocks = $360
    NV JBL w/ GPS Navigation = $2207
    RF Rear Spoiler = $160
    RL Daytime Running Lights = $32
    SR Power Moonroof = $720*
    TH Third row seat = $956
    WH Wireless Headphones = $64
    WL Alloy Wheel Locks = $37
    Z1 Preferred Accessory pkg = $165**
    Bumpers, Sport Trim = $420
    Cargo Logic Tote = $30
    CD Changer = $409
    Hood Protector = $79
    Xtreme Cargo Mat = $69

* Not available with Third row seat
    ** Includes:
    Carpeted floor mats = $112
    Cargo net = $34
    First aid kit = $21

Looks like $1115 difference between V-6 and V-8..
  • Options
    Wow--thanks for all the feedback. One dealer here--one that hasn't quoted yet says that the X-REAS only comes on the Sport edition (completely contrary to the lit) & the rear height controls are not on 4-Runners in this area of the country. I think I will just have to call & get some answers.

As for the pricing the dealers did not specify anything regarding TDA only the bottom line price w/o tax, license, & registration.

Thanks for the tip on the platinum warranty & WAAG--I am planning to keep this vehicle longer than 3yrs--so I will maybe consider this.

The JGC price is due to discounts--I don't like the suede seats in the Overland...yuk. At any rate I've always wanted a 4-Runner but price has detoured me--I'm ready to "plunge" now but will wait for the best pricing.
  • Options
    The dealers has a few options to obtain the vehicle you want. They most likely prefer to sell what they have in stock or what they have in allocation.

The dealer can:

> Trade with another dealer in their region.

> Trade with a dealer in another region.

> PREFERENCE an order for exactly what you request.

> Factory order from Japan.

If you ask them to Preference a vehicle they will know you are willing to wait and only accept what you want. I do not understand the entire process of how the Preference process works. From what I understand there are a few vehicles on the cargo ships coming from Japan to the U.S. distribution ports that are available. The dealer submits this Preference (list of vehicle type with options) to Toyota and they determine if it is available and if that dealer will get it. Maybe someone else can better clarify this process. That is how my dealer obtained the Limited that I purchased this week, took about a month.

I do not understand why X-REAS would not be offered in Minnesota but available in places like Florida. In the northeast, PA, NJ, DE, NY, many Limiteds are available with X-REAS.
    I do believe that the Limited with all the options that you request are in short supply. Not that this is creating a price premium or demand, dealers are accepting anything from invoice to plus $500.00 over.

And use your phone to shop, this will save you much time. Unless X-REAS cannot be sold in MN., you will eventually find a dealer that will locate or order exactly what you request.
  • Options
    bmc5bmc5 Member Posts: 16
    I would like to know if anyone could help me with info on the current finance rates from Toyota Financial Corp. for 2004 Toyota V6 LTD 4 Runners and 2004 Lexus RX 330. I would be interested in the 60 month plan. Thanks in advance for your help. I had read somewhere that Toyota is currently offering 2.9% rates for 60 months and wasn't sure. I'm located in NJ. Thanks.
  • Options
    loudog2loudog2 Member Posts: 83
    in chicago there are no incentives on the 2004's. there is incentives and rebates on the 2003'3. i did get a 4.0% rate for 60 months with no incentives on my '04 v6 ltd. from a bank. sorry i'm not in NJ, but i hope this helps a little.
  • Options
    i have an excellent credit rating and got 4.1% from toyota for 60 months. i was also offered the 4.0% from a bank, but toyota threw in a recent-graduate discount, so it made the 4.1% a better deal.

right now there is a $750 factory-dealer incentive on '04 4-runners
  • Options
    thank you for your relpies...quick question... so it sounds like 4% is the best avail for 60 months? i have been pre-approved at 4% but was hoping there may be better possibly with the end of the year coming up and with dealers/companies looking to sell as much as possible before jan.1. is the $750 rebate being honored in the nj area on the v6 limited models? thanks for the help...
  • Options
    baki44baki44 Member Posts: 24
    What they tell you outside the finance room sometimes not correct...I would suggest first go to Equifax and spend $12.95 and learn your credit score and you may get better deal???
    I my case, my Beacon rate was 780 and they told me annual rate for 60 Mo will be 3.99% and Finance guy print the contract with APR 4.25%. I didn't make a big deal and I bought my 4Runner.
  • Options
    jbagin01jbagin01 Member Posts: 1
    I've spoken to a couple of dealers and they are stating an invoice price higher than Edmunds. The vehicle has the options SR, DR, CM, AW and RL. Dealer says invoice (and price to me) is $28,866. I show invoice as $25,909. Advice on how to proceed and what I should pay would be much appreciated. I'm in NJ. THANKS!!!!
  • Options
    could you let me know what dealership quoted you this info in nj? i want to be sure to stay clear of them when i decide to go to take a test drive ... it's amazing how confusing the car buying business is...
  • Options
    loudog2loudog2 Member Posts: 83
    edmunds invoice price does not include the price for floor mats or "advertising costs". if you are ordering the 4 runner, then there should be no advertising costs. but floor mats should add $184 over edmunds invoice. as for advertising costs, i think it is a bunch of crap. but a lot of dealers try to stick you with this cost. as for you, $3,000 is a big difference in price. i would personally go somewhere else. sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one on you.
  • Options
    lkotovichlkotovich Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I settled on '04 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V6 4WD in Titanium Silver. We live in Maryland (DC area).

Did anyone recently purchase Toyota extended warranty (7 yr/100K miles/$0 deductible)? What quotes did you receive?

There are three dealers on our list: Jim Coleman, Koons, and 355 Toyota. So far we dealt with Internet sales managers and experience has been positive.
  • Options
    Purchased the Toyota Platinum 7 year, 100,000 mile, 0 deductible for $1000.00 from
    Toyota of Turnersville, Turnersville, NJ

I had quotes from other dealers, one in writing for a little less. They dealer said at $1000.00 (my offer) they were not making any money on this but accepted when I said I would shop elsewhere, probably the Internet.

Maybe they did not make much profit on this warranty but they did o.k. selling me the new 4Runner.

Believe this Platinum retails for something like $1650.00?

You may find your best price on the Internet, good luck.
  • Options
    aroutharouth Member Posts: 45
    I asked about that when I bought my 4runner. I decided not to get the extended warranty. You can extend the warranty at the end of your 3 year/36000 miles. I am going to do that and I would recomend you do that too since things always change and you may not end up keeping it as long as you think. Just my two cents!
  • Options
    wildwilly2wildwilly2 Member Posts: 1
    Get the latest Checkbook Magazine. Toyota factory Platinum warranty $100 over cost 7yr 75K $695, 7yr 100K 995. You can use this to leverage your local dealer and buy it over the phone after your purchase.
  • Options
    dsteveqdsteveq Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 04' 4Runner Limited V8, titanium sliver exterior with stone color inside. Here are the details:

Part No. Name invoice($) MSRP($)
    8688 04 limited V8 33012 36970
    GY Side airbags 559 650
    NH X-REAS 360 450
    NV NAV system 2207 2675
    RL Running light 32 40
    RF Rear spoiler 160 200
    SR Sunroof 720 900
    CF floor mats 112 184
    E5 Exhaust tip 42 64
    GN Cargo net 34 49
    WL wheel lock 37 59

TDA 700 700
    Gas 6 6
    Destination 540 540

Total invoice=$38,611, MSRP=$43487

Buying price is $38,263. Plus $125 doc/title fee and 6.75% tax. I got two dealers willing to sell me a Runner at this price and I choosed the one close to my home. I am happy with the price, though not with $700 TDA charge.

Dearler stock varies a lot from a place to another. Some dealers in my area claimed they only have 3 runners in a multi-state region, some have 7 of them in their lot for months. I asked about 20 dealers for a quote and got the best deal out them. Two dealers still have 03' limited (loaded) and want to sell them at 35-37k.

By the way, I got 3.74% APR financing for 60 moths by Chase. The best rate is NOT from TFS. In my area (I guess this is true for OH, MI, KY, TN), this special rate ends 12/24. I am in central Ohio.

I got educated a lot here by some other owners and hope my experience helps.

Happy holidays, eveyone!
  • Options
    sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    That TFS financing probably included a 'mark-up' for the dealership and salesperson. Get you auto loan from your credit union, bank, etc. never at the dealer, they make boocoo profit on 'inhouse' financing.
  • Options
    richinraleighrichinraleigh Member Posts: 18
    Went shopping in Raleigh NC for a new 4 runner. Leith Toyota kept me waiting for almost 90 minutes...during that time they took my trade-in for evaluation...that's it. Finally, I told them to bring my truck around, I was leaving, had enough.

2 hours later I was at Fred Anderson Toyota. Cut a deal and was out the door in an hour. They had to bring my car in from another city, but I picked it up 2 days later...What a difference!!! Customer service still exists, although its unfortunate that someone wanting to spend $30k plus on a new car still gets the runaround.
  • Options
    sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    I frequent Fred Anderson! Had my oil changed this morning. They also found my Runner at another dealer, that construction really has hurt the selection and convenience. Word of warning: Toyota of Durham is worse than Leith. Never, never take your vehicle to them for any kind of service.
  • Options
    nero369nero369 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $31264 Paid $28150 plus tax, doc....at Hudson Toyota in NJ
  • Options
    ymnik777ymnik777 Member Posts: 8
    Hello.
     I'm new on this board and new to Toyota 4RUNEER.
    I'd like to lease the car with Zero down.
    My dealer offered me :
       SR5 with V6
       JBL sound system
       Moonroof
       Floor mats
       and All standart features.
     The lease price is 360 plus tax.
     Zero downpayment , 750 bank fee , 450 security deposit.
      Any advice is very aprisiated. I really don't have a clue how to lease the car.
      Thank you very much.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Read some of Lease Questions - Ask Here and check out the Tips and Advice link at the bottom of this page.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    pegasus50pegasus50 Member Posts: 3
    In Reference to message #276 dated 10/03. regarding dealers in the New Orleans area. i live in MS. and have been talking with Toyota Dealers from New Orleans, Sidell, the Biloxi,MS area and the two dealerships in Mobile, AL. for prices on either an SR5 or the Sport 4 runner versions.

The latest quote I got was from the dealership in Metarire, LA, next to New Orleans, near Lakeside.

I got a quote for a basic SR5 basic low cost options, no sound systems, sun roof, things that add up. They quoted me $28,119 OTD. being from MS. this included 5% MS state tax of $1,339. In the ensuing discussion, I happen to mention the year end sales by Toyota and how dealers don't like to talk about hold back... Well before I could ask about incentives... this dealer gets a bit testy..... and says," I don't talk about hold back, this is my final price, and you're wasting my time". Wow all I was going to ask was about any customer year end incentives and whether or not I could come over and talk about the price he spit out!... So my experience with this particular dealer wasn't too good...

MY question is: Doesn't the $28,119 seem a bit high for a plain jane SR5??? I'd like to know because I am wanting to buy by years end or first week in Jan.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like someone's beignets were burnt that morning!

Keep shopping, but maybe focus on your out the door price and don't bring up holdback :-)

"Almost all dealerships consider holdback money "sacred" and are unwilling to share any portion of it with the consumer. Don't push the issue. Your best strategy is to avoid mentioning the holdback during negotiations. Mention holdback only if the dealer gives you some song-and-dance about not making any money when you know that isn't true."

Dealer Holdback

Steve, Host
  • Options
    jjenkensjjenkens Member Posts: 26
    I'm looking at purchasing a Silver 2004 4Runner v8 Limited 2wd. It has the following:
    X-Reas
    Rear spoiler
    Sunroof
    Window tint
    Side signal mirror upgrade
    Stone leather
    Driver/Pass curtain and side airbags
    JBL w/6CD changer
    DTR Lights

It will be ordered new since there isn't one like it on the lot. List is about $39k. The guy I'm dealing with said he'll sell it for $36k. Sounds like an excellent deal to me. Any advice/suggestions?
  • Options
    jcliffrojcliffro Member Posts: 108
    I am the guy from New Orleans who authored the original post you quoted. The price you were quoted depends upon what options were on the car and how the pre-sales tax price compares to the dealer cost shown here on Edmunds. It seems that a lot of people on here get 4-Runners at about $500 over dealer cost. But there is some debate about also tacking on some dealer mandated advertising fee. I see in the paper that the other Toyota dealer in Metairie (Ray Brandt?) is offering a 2004 SR-5 for $24,785....probably next to no options, but that should give you some idea.
    And if the Lakeside Toyota salesman talked to you that way, you should avoid the dealership at all costs. If their policies allow SALES people to talk that way to customers, imagine how the service people are.....
    You are not considering a special order are you? I only want side air bags and I did a search of all the SR-5s and Sports in inventory in this entire area. Of 156 vehicles listed, NOT A SINGLE ONE had side air bags. If that is not poor judgment on Toyota's part, I don't know what is. But I am not ready to special order at this time, so will either wait for their policies to change or until another vehicle I like as much or better (that has side air bags) comes along. But personally, I cannot imagine how anyone in their right mind would pay what 4-Runners cost and not insist upon side air bags at the cost of just a few hundred more.
  • Options
    asif1asif1 Member Posts: 49
    I too live 100 miles from NewOrleans and bought my 2004 4Runner SR5 V6 2WD from Courvelle Opelousas. i got the deal 100 $ above invoice plus i paid around 500 $ TDA and 150 $ Processing fee. At the time i bought mine, there were only 3-4 2004 models in lot and i think i got good deal. I had some bitter experience with dealers in Baton Rouge area and decided to go with a relatively small but cooperating dealer.

Just a piece of advice from my shop around experience. The Dealers advertise one vehicle each month to be sold at dead invoice, the price which you can see on internet, without Advertising fee. This is to attract customer and they only sell one vehicle a month to customer bringing that add or referring to that add.

90 % 2004 models comes with atleast Leather Wrap Steering Wheel and 17" alloy wheels, they only add up around 300 $ to cost but are really worth spending as they add a whole new look. Another option to consider, buying a 25 k SUV, is 3rd row seat. You can completly take it out, put an after market mat and leave no clue you even had it. But you never know when you want to tuck-in more ppl in you car and at that time it will be very helpfull even though it is little conjusted. The invoice cost is 575$ for thrid row.

I suggest if you see the add, call them and ask them if they still have that vehicle, if you really want to buy very basic model. otherwise expect alteast 600-700$ plus kbb, or edmunds invoice price in your negotiations. This include TDA, 100$ above invoice and Processing fee. My advise would be to never leave, roof rack, leather wrap steering wheel and audio controls.

asif
  • Options
    jcliffrojcliffro Member Posts: 108
    I did not mean that the only option I wanted was side airbags. I would also want that leather wrapped steering wheel, the 17 inch wheels and probably the anti-theft alarm, rear spoiler and JBL single CD/cassette stereo upgrade. But I am sure there is no such thing as an SR-5 in galatic gray equipped like that, so I may consider the special order thing with a 2005 about this time next year. And I saved your earlier posting about the dealer down the bayou in Opelousas, so I will paddle the pirogue over to them, being ever so careful of the alligators along the way, and see whether they would be willing to special order for me. Pass a good New Year, yeah. (let the non-Cajuns wonder what we are talking about, cher)
  • Options
    bem2bem2 Member Posts: 1
    Re: #400 - I've spent the last couple of hours trying to determine whether my dealer quote on a SR5 48mo lease was reasonable and I think I figured it out. Your deal sounds OK except the bank fee is bogus - don't pay it. Try the lease calculator. I obtained the inputs the dealer was using, ran it through the Edmunds calculator and determined that he was a bit high on the dealer profit and lease factor. With this knowledge, I can now approach him knowing a range of monthly payments that is more reasonable as compared to his number. If that doesn't work, I'll hit some other dealers.
  • Options
    throwfanthrowfan Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a 2004 4runner SR5 RWD with V8 engine in August 2003 from Greentree Toyota in Clarksville, Indiana. I was assured that the vehicle would have the options I desired. Got a phone call in December indicating the vehicle would be delivered on Dec 28. Went to purchase the vehicle on Dec 30 and discovered it had the third row seats, an option I didn't want. Was told that the RWD 4runners only come with third row seats! I know that's not true, got my deposit back and I'm now searching for a vehicle. I know there are some vehicles in the southeast region. Dealer was very rude and unwilling to help locate the right vehicle. It was take or leave it attitude. If you are considering purchasing a vehicle from Greentree be very careful.
  • Options
    falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    Thanks
  • Options
    mikeod1mikeod1 Member Posts: 1
    FYI... Purchase 1/3/04

Limited 4WD V8 with following options:

Side airbags
    X-REAS
    Running light
    Rear spoiler
    Sunroof
    floor mats
    Exhaust tip
    Cargo net
    JBL 10spkr cd changer
    Hood protector

$37,000
    (plus DH and taxes)
  • Options
    pegasus50pegasus50 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to both asif1 and jcliffro for you help and insight into New Orleans area dealers. Living in Biloxi MS and working in Mobile, AL. It is easier for me to try and deal with Mobile area dealerships. Having stated this I found an 04 SR5 at Palmers Toyota in Mobile, AL. It has the following:

V6
    17" Wheels -$100
    Moonroof- $900
    Running boards
    Roof Rack
    The XY-70 Toyo Protection Package - $699-- that we all don't want to pay for!!

After a few discussions with the salesman we agreed on an OTD price of $26,997. I had all my quotes from area dealers, my edmunds.com estimate along with a Kelly Blue Book estimate. The salesman actually appreciated that I had done my homework to some degree.
    The OTD price included their admin fees of $299, and 1% AL state tax. They are a really good dealership, very high volume, and there was not one pressure statement made to me.
    Living in MS I will pay the 5% MS tax, then once ou get the tag purchased in MS. the State of Al reinburses you the 1% tax. So all told the SR5 will cost $27.9K. The big difference was the attitude of the dealership and the salesman. Much better than any of the New Orleans, Gulfport MS. or Pascagoula, MS dealers I talked too.
  • Options
    daakkoodaakkoo Member Posts: 1
    I had a very pleasant experience at Fred Anderson Raleigh.

Paid $29409 + plus 3% NC tax + $61 tag + $299 doc fees...

Options:
    1. Moonroof
    2. Side Airbags
    3. Rear Spoiler
    4. Double Decker
    5. Carpet Mats
    6. Daytime Running Lights
    7. 17" Wheels
    8. Leather Steering Wheel
    9. Roof Rack
    10. 115V output

They were trying to offer me a 6 years, 80000 miles refundable warranty for $1398 !!! If I don't use it I get back everything but $50 Admin fee. I have till Friday to decide on this... I can take it after Friday but as per the guy there, it becomes a non-refundable after Friday!!

Is this warranty really worth it?? I plan to keep the SUV for atleast 6-10 years.