Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm trying to negotiate a 2010 4WD Black Limited w/NAV, and they almost seemed appauled when I offered 38,500. Said it was well below invoice. They're reluctant to move below 39,975. Supply and demand, or should I just keep pressing? (I'm in the Northeast, need the 4WD, lots of snow...)

Do you guys enjoy the NAV features? I'm also considering an SR5 with premium/leather (can probably get for 33,500 or less) if I can't get the price I want on the Limited. Are the extra features on the Limited worth it? Is the 4WD system 6K-7K better?
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    Assuming no other options, besides NAV and you live in one of the NC, SC, GA, AL or FL states, then the invoice for the 2010 Black 4Runner Limited 4WD with NAV is $39,153 and makes your deal about $822 above invoice, which is not bad deal knowing the high demand/popularity of the beast :shades:
  • Anyone?

I offered to spend so much over invoice for a TE, and the salesman produced a printout that claimed an invoice price of at least $1000 more than the 33287 no-options value I see on Edmunds.com or cars.com, or any other place. It can't be explained away either by dealer or port added accessories.

The only thing I can think of is they haven't ordered a TE before and maybe double added some of the options that would normally be covered in the price of a TE.
  • rjsdrjsd Posts: 5
    The price of the TE is being inflated simply because "it can be done". At least to me it seems TE's are currently being delivered at a rate of about one TE for every three dealers or so. A month ago it was one or two to a region.
    So there is going to be some initial "got to have it first" demand but in this economy how long will that last? How quickly will production/delivery be ramped up? SR5’s are starting to sit for a while & offered at a reasonable discount the TE is following by two to three months.
    Since I am frugal, I will wait four to six months then go make a deal on one that has been sitting on the lot for a while, kind of like those previously in demand hard to find FJ cruisers.......
  • I'm inclined to agree. There seems to be no TE's around here (northeast), or they're few and far between, although I did get to drive one, and it is SWEET. I'm debating a nicely equipped leather SR5 vs. Limited. Like you said, I seem to be getting better deals on the SR5, and I'm not sure if the Limited is worth the extra 7K in my situation. I don't plan to "off-road" too much, but I do live in the country, and navigation and full time 4WD would be cool. But since it will be my first 4Runner, if I can score a decent price, I think I may start with an SR5 and work my way up in a few years...if I had the money, I'd love to go Limited, but the SR5 seems to be a very capable vehicle, and the reviews on this forum have been very positive.
  • I did some math, it indeed looks like the dealer added the invoice price of the so-called options that are standard on a TE (CP, EC, DJ). They did say they have never ordered one before. I will give them the benefit of the doubt (for now).
  • After trying dealership after dealership, I was finally able to nail down a 2010 Limited 4WD w/NAV for under 39K sale price. (tax, title, etc. will bring it back up to around 41-42k though). Salesman was great, smooth transaction, and I'll be driving by the end of the week. I definitely recommend asking every place for their "best internet price" and go from there. I'm pumped to get on the road! Good luck everyone.
  • Getting quoted $31,743 +ttl on a MSRP of $33,293 for a 4WD SR5 (price includes destination/delivery) in Dallas, TX. The dealer is also offering an additional $1000 off for Toyota loyalty for current Toyota owners. I don't own a Toyota, but if I can get the 4Runner at $30,743 +ttl would that be a good deal. What are most people getting these for? Thanks!!
  • I have seen "internet sale" prices or had gotten offers anywhere from $33,200 - #33,500 on SR5's with the premium leather (MSRP around 36,500 or so). ALso got quoted 32,200 on a less equipped SR5, so 31,743 doesn't sound too bad. Especially with the extra $1000 off. If leather seats arent an issue, then getting a 4runner for just over 30k is very tempting. I wonder how much prices are trending down since Toyota's recent troubles, even though the 4Runner isn't on the recall list, and everyone I've talked to insists there are no safety concerns.
  • I have a quote for $40,377 on a Limited in Houston. Is this fair? It does not have NAV and really need opion if anyone has this and is it worth to get. Appreciate your help.
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    According to Edmunds in Houston, TX the invoice for the 2010 4Runner Limited 4WD without NAV (no specific color choice) is $37,018 where the TMV that others are paying is $39,159. I have the 2010 4Runner Limited 4WD with NAV and I will tell you that the NAV is a must have for me, so it does worth the extra dollar to have it...
  • Thank you for your help. I do need to NAV. I will keep looking. Sales people via Internet price seem to not be willing to negotiate lower than $40,377. This is Dallas and Houston.
  • I was deciding between SR5 and Limited, and wound up with the Limited because of a really good price up here (just under 39K). I gotta say, I didn't think I needed the NAV, but I'm really loving it. The whole stereo system in general is very intuitive and makes it that much more fun to drive. Are you looking to get 4WD in Texas, do you need it? I'm in the Northeast, and we're getting pummeled with snow. So far, so good for the most part in regular 4WD. Once you lock in the 4H, it feels much safer. I never thought I needed heated seats, either, but MAN what a difference...I haven't really gotten the hang of the bluetooth yet, but someone told me I sounded too quiet, which is a complaint that other people seem to be voicing as well. I also think the rear cargo/sliding door is pretty useless, it just takes up some square inches of cargo space, and keeps the cargo area from being completely flat. Happy hunting for your 4Runner, though, hope you find a good deal. It's really fun to drive.
  • I’m looking to get a 2010 Blizzard Pearl Limited with nav and auto start and paint protection I was quoted $38,457 from my local dealer is this a good price? Should I jump on the deal or are there going to be big incentives with all the media hype?
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    I don't think anyone other than toyota knows if they will begin to offer better deals or incentives. I assume the vehicle you are quoting is 4x4. If so, that appears very reasonable. If two wheel drive, it is not.

I saw some incredible gas milage numbers posted. Is anyone else out there really getting 26+ miles per gallon
  • drove 250+ highway miles, ~ 70 MPH up and down over 3 mountain passes - per the computer got 18 MPG...
  • Do to my work, I need 4WD. Appreciate your help. I am going with the NAV.
    I cannot wait to get into a 4Runner. Dealing with dealers right now.
  • The truecar.com website is saying there is $1000 incentive for the 2010 4Runner on at least the 4WD SR5 and TE, until March 1, 2010. Have not found it anywhere else, but I haven't tried really hard either. The edmunds.com now says $400, could have sworn it said nothing an hour ago before I was interrupted by work. :) Anyone?
  • 2010 SR5 4WD Blizzard Pearl including Premium Package with Leather Seats, Convenience Package, JBL Stereo with BlueTooth, Sliding Rear Cargo Deck, Carpeted Floor Mats.

MSRP 36,125 + 220 for the floor mats

Continental Toyota (Hodgkins, IL) out the door for 33,000. (563 above dealer invoice).

Added a 7 Year, 100,000 Mile Extended Warranty for $1,000 good at any Toyota Dealer Nationwide.

We negotiated price via email, through price quotes requested on Cars.com and Toyota.com. This was the only dealer that honored the agreed upon price, and they found our vehicle (color, exact options) in 3 days.

Other dealerships in the area were holding tight to MSRP, some asking for $1,000 over MSRP. It pays to shop around.

We even got KBB Value for our Trade.
  • The dealer holdback is about $686 and the rebate for my area in KY is $1,000. (Sr-5, 4x4). If the dealer sold it at their invoice (not MSRP) and keeps the rebate. The profit would be $1,686. No trade, no financing, I write a check. Is there a dealer out there willing to take that? I would be willing to buy from them. I am in KY.