Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Has anyone heard of any major changes and/or updates to the 4Runner for 2013?

I am considering buying a 2012 SR5 4WD this summer but I would hold off until later in the year if any major redesign or engine update was coming.

Thanks in advance.
  • Toyota 4Runner Sales Figures .

USA Market

January 2011 3829 car sold ( January 2012 2919 car sold ) ( - 910 cars )
    February 2011 3760 car sold ( February 2012 3068 car sold ) ( - 692 cars )
    March 2011 4369 car sold ( March 2012 4065 car sold ) ( - 304 cars )

that's why GM takes back the lead .
  • jklossjkloss Posts: 39
    Just purchased a new 4 Runner MSRP $43,040 - Limited Nav (NV), Blizzard white (PC) special color, Carpet Floor mat and cargo mat (CF). Paid $39,300 without taxes and license. Traded in a 2010 Lexus RX 350 and they gave me $33,000 for a net trade of $6,300. Thought it was a good deal. This was in the Chicago area.
  • Over 8.6% off MSRP sounds like a great deal to me. If I can find a similar deal on a SR5 I would probably pull the trigger.
    Would you please advise as to the Dealership as I am also in the Chicagoland area?
    Thanks in advance.
    Got the deal at Grossinger downtown Chicago. As for Tramain.
    It was a 4R limited with MSRP of $43,040 and they sold to me for $39,300 plus the gave me a trade in of $33,000 for my 2010 Lexus RC350 which was
    35 months old. This was a better % discount than from Carmax. Thought it was a good deal. Love the car - so much better than a RX350 - has a few less features and a few more. I can give up memory seats and wood trim for little more space, better sound system, AC out lets and of course heated windshield wipers. Had the first 4R 22 years ago. Basically I am not a soccer mom and that is the audience for the RX350 - which is a Highlander with a up charge of $7000.
  • stcroixboystcroixboy Posts: 63
    Thanks again for sharing...much appreciated!
  • cpc1cpc1 Posts: 3
    Trying to decide on the 4 runner sr5, or the Jeep Grand Cherokee, had a 04 4runner, traded it on a bmw 328xi, want back my suv, the 4 runners have climbed in price but also am not looking at the limited, or the overland Jeep just want the best value. Any ideas how the pricing or incentives are in the North East PA region. Or is it just better to wait on a nice low milage 2010 or 2011. Thanks
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Posts: 47
    I also had an '04 4Runner (SE) with V8 which I bought new in late 2003. I loved it. Unfortunately, I traded it in on a '10 GMC pickup (5.3 V8) and was very disappointed with that decision. 2 months later I traded the pickup on a Corvette (over compensating). I then sold the Corvette and bought a '12 4Runner SR5 with dealer added leather. While I like the 4Runner. the new ones are programmed more for economy. However, the V6 delivers very little more in fuel economy than what I got from the '04 with the V8. If, however, you use the SHIFT mode and change gears yourself, you can compensate somewhat for the difference "feel" of lack of power compared to the '04 4Runner with V8. I will probably keep the '12 4Runner.
  • toytruck1toytruck1 Posts: 5
    I notice that most manufacturers program transmissions for economy. Don't know if the 4Runner "learns" one's driving habits like my 2010 Ford F150 did, but it certainly upshifts quickly. I just step on it a bit more and then it hustles along. Hope it learns something! The power is there, you just have to "encourage it".

Dealer had a lot of "accessories" on the SR5 4WD, which I would have added. I negotiated eBay wholesale prices for factory running boards, wheel locks, flaps, tint and 3M clear bra. Paid 34K. Has Convenience package-moonroof and upgraded seats, rear cam, parking sensors. Bonus was getting High (Xlnt) KellyBB trade in on my 2010 F150 Super Crew XLT.
  • ervofsuervofsu Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    toytruck1, where did you get your 4runner? I was in today, and the deal breaker was trade-in value on MY 2010 F150 SuperCrew. Could not even get KBB "good" value.
  • Looking back in the thread I dont see much recent info but what should I expect to see off MSRP on these? Should I be able to get one at Invoice or even below Invoice? Any feedback is much appreciated.
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Posts: 47
    This late in the selling year and for a Limited model, I would expect $5,000 off MSRP - with NO dealer add ons.
  • autoalautoal Posts: 5
    Toyota of Manhattan contacted me with the following lease quote:

2012 4Runner SR5 Premium Package (navigation, heated seats, cross bars)
    Term: 36 months
    Annual Mileage: 12K
    MF: .00132
    Residual: 52.68%
    Monthly Payment: $595 (8.75% sales tax included)

Thoughts? Thanks!
  • mspaun3mspaun3 Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2012 SR5 with convenience package, toyoguard, and tint. I also got them to throw in all weather mats. The MSRP on the vehicle with all of the options was $34,998. I paid $27,900 for it plus another $1200 for dealer fee, tax, and tag xfer, so really it was $29,100. I got about $1,500 less on my trade than I thought I deserved. I was okay with this bc I thought the price of the car was good. What are your thoughts on this deal? TIA...
  • That's great price. Would you mind sharing the name of the dealer?
  • mspaun3mspaun3 Posts: 2
    Pilotman,

It was Mike Erdman Toyota in Merritt Island, Florida
  • cpc1cpc1 Posts: 3
    I been following this thread somewhat, not a lot of activity here, however for a 2012 SR5 with convience pkg, and a few little extras I been finding MSRP's around $36,000. It possible for 5K off or more this time a year on left over in stock, and if not how much will this model increase for 2013. The one other vehicle that is sparking my interest in the 2014 diesel Jeep Grand Cherooke, any thoughts would be appreciated. By the way I am in North East PA I know discounts are relative to regions and dealer stock, and manufacture incentives.
  • As of this time - November 12th, 2012 - I am looking at a 2011 new Rav4 from a local dealer. I cannot find any information on Edmunds on how much I should pay. The MSRP is @ $37,000 and the offer was @ $29.900. Is there somewhere else I can look? The 2013 Rav4 is not out yet, but should be available soon. I was thinking I should be able to get a fully loaded (as this Rav4 is) 2 years old vehicle for around the same price as a current model year version of the same vehicle. Am I way off base? What can I point the salesman to that would confirm my conclusion if it's a reasonable one? I can only get Edmunds info on 2012 or 2013 vehicles.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,936
    The closest thing I can think of is how we price "new" used cars.

Value of Used 2012 Vehicles

The deduction for miles driven won't help you but taking off for deprecation should. You can get depreciation numbers from the True Cost to Own tool.

Steve, visting host