Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Toyota Camry Among Vehicles Recalled for Loss of Power Steering Assist | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Toyota
image2015 Toyota Camry Among Vehicles Recalled for Loss of Power Steering Assist | Edmunds.com

Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. is recalling approximately 110,000 2015 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid sedans; Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid SUVs; and 2014-'15 Toyota RAV4 SUVs because of a possible loss of power steering assist.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    delraygirldelraygirl Member Posts: 5
    Our Highlander has only 1800 miles on it at this point. It is a big heavy car and I cannot imagine being able to move it if we lose that steering assist. Our dealer acted like we were the first people to tell them about this problem. We called California and asked if they would supply a loaner car until our car was "safe" again and they practically laughed at us. this is our third Highlander and we are appalled at their attitude. We have been driving our second car but what if we only had one? they said it could be a few months before they had a "fix" for the problem. Shame on you Toyota. The only way we even knew about this problem was from a small article in our local newspaper, not even a letter or a call from our dealership. I say again, Shame on you Toyota. I would like to know why Edmunds thinks the recall will begin in late April when they claim they still do not have a "fix".
  • Options
    unhappyinhtownunhappyinhtown Member Posts: 1
    Our Highlander also only had 1700 miles on it when the recall notice came. However, what Toyota did not say in its recall notice was that once you take your car in and it is identified as having the recalled part, they will NOT release the car back to you. What they also did not tell you is that replacement parts are scarce. We have been waiting over a week to hear whether the part will be available and when. While the dealership will give you a loaner from Enterprise (at least the one I went to), it is not an SUV. The notice was wholly deficient in advising how the recall would be handled. Still waiting to hear when my car will be returned. Patience is running low.
  • Options
    mcinncmcinnc Member Posts: 1
    I was also surprised at having my Highlander not released back to me on the day they diagnosed and determined it had the recalled part. Answers from the dealership after a full week are pretty fuzzy at this point. We leave for a month vacation in late June that requires my Highlander be fixed (hauling kayaks and bikes). Certainly can't haul anything if I still have my Enterprise Chevy Malibu rental replacement. I've begun looking at my state's Lemon Law.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A national publication is looking to hear your stories about recall headaches, including difficulties with dealers, wait times or loaner cars. If you're willing to assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than Thursday, April 21 2016.