Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease and Discount Question

psuevanspsuevans Member Posts: 5
edited March 2015 in BMW
Going to get a 2015 X50i. Will order around 4/15/15. Built out on the bmwusa website it $80250. From what I have read here 5% of the MSRP seems good. Would you agree? So, that would make my price $76,238

Waiting to run my credit but have a strong feeling will be just above 675. I keep reading .0013 is the base rate but is that the base rate for my FICO? A BMW salesperson said it would be .0017 if my FICO was just above 675. Is this true or what money factor should I fight for if I am let's say a 680 FICO?

I have also seen here residuals of anywhere from 56-60%. Can that we lowered so the dealer makes more money or can I trust whatever number they give me?

Finally, can you help me figure my lease payment roughly using lowest possible drive off and the 5% off the above MSRP and current residual pre-tax., and both money factors?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    psuevans said:

Going to get a 2015 X50i. Will order around 4/15/15. Built out on the bmwusa website it $80250. From what I have read here 5% of the MSRP seems good. Would you agree? So, that would make my price $76,238

Waiting to run my credit but have a strong feeling will be just above 675. I keep reading .0013 is the base rate but is that the base rate for my FICO? A BMW salesperson said it would be .0017 if my FICO was just above 675. Is this true or what money factor should I fight for if I am let's say a 680 FICO?

I have also seen here residuals of anywhere from 56-60%. Can that we lowered so the dealer makes more money or can I trust whatever number they give me?

Finally, can you help me figure my lease payment roughly using lowest possible drive off and the 5% off the above MSRP and current residual pre-tax., and both money factors?

Above 675 should get you the top tier rate with BMW, which is .00129 this month. I think the CA might be setting you up for a money factor mark-up, which not coincidentally is .00040 max. Because the next tier down only adds .00020.

The dealer can't alter the residual. 57% is for 36mo, 15K/yr.

With that term, adding a $795 acquisition fee to the CAP cost, the payment is $1027 + tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• psuevanspsuevans Member Posts: 5
    Man, what a great service you guys offer or you for posting these answers to these questions! Thanks. And what about the 5% of the MSRP. Is that realistic and if not what is 4%?
    Oh, and the security deposit. Is that just your first month's payment?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    psuevans said:

Oh, and the security deposit. Is that just your first month's payment?

No security deposit required on a BMW lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

And what about the 5% of the MSRP. Is that realistic and if not what is 4%?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    psuevans said:

And what about the 5% of the MSRP. Is that realistic and if not what is 4%?

4-6% off MSRP is a good discount for BMW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Great, thanks!