Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    "Do you have a Nissan dealer within 50 miles or even a car shop?"

I know I wouldn't drive 50 miles to change a light bulb. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,203
    Yes you would if the shop was next to a Denny's with an all you can eat special for forum hosts. :P
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Well, with incentives like that ...! ;)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • pf2001pf2001 Posts: 110
    I went in for an oil change and there was a recall for the in-take valve. I had it replaced. Has anyone heard about it or have this done?
  • Yes, I received notification from Nissan a few months ago regarding the recall on several models. I have a murano sl 06. The replacement was perform free of charge, it only took a few minutes.
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    What is it? Am I doing damage by waiting? I have no symptoms of anything. Only 25,500 miles on my 2006. Due for oil and rotate, but don't want to pay the $ to rotate at Nissan when local tire shops do oil and rotate for free.....If I NEED recall done, then I'll just let them do it all at once.
  • According to my rep at Nissan and the card I received in the mail, there is a possibility of the valve malfuctioning causing you to loose control of the vehicle and crashing. You should check with Nissan to find out why you have not received your notification in the mail. You are supposed to take the card to your nearest dealer for the repair
  • Hi there, I had exactly the same problem with my '07 SL and brought it to the dealer more than 3 times and nothing had been fixed. they replaced all the remote keys, switch on the windows and system control module. It just happened again 2 wks after I broght it to the same dealership. Both windows came down all the way by itself parked in front of the garage.with the car locked and both remote keys are kept inside the house. I called the dealership and they suggested I leave my car with them for a week to see they can duplicate the problem. Personally, I think this is a manufuring defect and hope more car owners write to Nissan directly so they can look into this issue seriously.
  • My '04 Murano has same problem. It started @80,000 miles. First noticed problem when starting the engine...it was slugish. This got progressively worse resulting in a failure to start at all. Someone jumped it with their car and the Murano started immediately with no problems for about 2 months. THe same simptoms happened a second time, so I had it towed to the Nissan Dealer. It sat at the dealership over night and when they started it theree was not problem. When they put it on the computer, there were no error codes !!!! They cleaned the air intake sensor and all seemed fixed. Three weeks after the dealer repair, the simptoms started again with the same results, "Dead in the parking lot". This time I got another jump and it started with no problem. I like my Nissan but this problem doesn't seem to be "fixable"!!!! What the heck are owners supposed to do when no error codes are recorded and the dealers only resolve is to replace the wiring harness and/or the engine of a 5 year old car that hasn't even hit 100,000 miles ????? I guess my only solution is to buy some other car that is reliable.
  • scheckscheck Posts: 8
    My 2006 Murano is much quieter than my previous vehicle in terms of engine and road noise, and from the side windows. It kind of makes the noise from the wind/air going over the windshield seem so much more noticeable from about 40 MPH and up. Has anybody ever installed a bug shield/deflector and noticed a change, maybe some air being deflected up and over the vehicle? I usually don't drive with the radio on or a CD playing, so I thought this might be an option. Has anyone had a particularly good or bad experience with the installation and/or use of a particular brand of deflector?
  • On my '04 Marino just yesterday, the gas door latch would not retract, door would not open when pushed on. I tried every way of getting the latch to retract. After many trys, today it began to retract. I had bent the metal tang back so I could gas up when it finially worked. The dealer quoted me apx. $200.00 worth of parts that may be necessary to fix it. Today its working fine???!!!!. I went thru a fit of this same problem several months ago. Now the latch retracts like new. Does any of you posters have a certain sequence to follow when this happens? Loose wire, bad relay or what?
  • I had the same problem and posted on here how you might be able to get it open. I got tired of dealing with it and had Nissan fix it. I think it was about $200-250.
  • easym1easym1 Posts: 218
    Does anyone know how to turn off the airbag flashing light? It has started flashing since last week whenever I start the car.
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    Take it to the dealer! Something serious could be wrong with the system and the air bags might not deploy in an accident. It could be just a sensor malfunction or an electronic gremlin BUT you can't take a chance.
  • I am a new owner of a used 2003 Nissan Murano SL. SInce I've had it, I have noticed that the DTE (Distance till empty) has only showed an asteriks in the readout. After refering to the owners manual, I read that this would be the case if fuel level was too low to compute. However, after numerous fill-ups, this feature still has not worked. Is there a "reset" that somehow I could get this to work. If anyone has had to have this fixed at a dealer, what would be the ballpark estimate. This isn't a huge priority for me, but I would like to try and figure it out. Thanks for any help.
  • I just installed a new power window motor on my 2003 murano and it has a hard time coming up i think i have lubed everything what else can i do
  • I had the same thing happen to me tonight. I drove to school in the pouring cold rain (which means there was no way in "H" that I had my windows down) and when I came out 3 hours later my front windows were down. It was a dark parking lot and I was scared to death that someone was in my car. I came home and Goolged my question and this web site came up. Thank you sooooo much!!!! I went out to my car and tried it by holding the unlock button down and sure enough the windows opened! At least your answer saved my a trip to the dealer. Thanks for saving me time and thanks to this web site!!!
  • easym1easym1 Posts: 218
    This has happened to me in the past 2 or 3 times already.
  • i have a 2003 and the seat is one of the reasons i bought this car. very comfortable.

however, i have never heard of anyone ever having a seat removed and reinstalled. can anyone confirm that this was reallyt done. rr70
  • this is a heads up to all murano, and even all nissan owners with the 3.5 engine.

on another message board for nissan owners, there is a thread about coolant smells in new muranos. i had this problem with my 2003 murano, but they never found the problem and it eventually went away.

i also have a 2008 altima coupe with the 3.5 and there is a very strong coolant smell. while researching this issue, i found that there are quite a few others with this problem.

stay tuned. rr70