Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• doctas2doctas2 Posts: 1
    I just purchased an 06 Murano and the lower seat trim keeps coming loose. There is a plastic piece along the side where the seat controls are and a piece across the front of the seat. The piece on the front keeps coming out of the two "locking" brackets and then the side side piece lets loose as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks
  • jcalvinjcalvin Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. The remedy that worked for me is to take the seat back as far as it can go then sink it as low as it can go and then bring it forward so the left guide realigns into the side channel. This seems to have worked OK but whenever others adjust the seat differently it sometimes slips out again but I've been able to reset it each time in the same fashion previously described. I hope this helps you or others.
  • talex2talex2 Posts: 1
    I'd like to purchase a nissan murano, however, my mechanic, said Nissans are hard to diagnose. He said his brother purchased a murano which no one can diagnose, not even Nissan, why it looses acceleration after stopping at a stop light. Has anyone had problems with diagnosis in their Nissan?
  • espo35espo35 Posts: 144
    Who did the 30K and 60K services? If it wasn't the dealer, check to see if they replaced the engine coolant. Nissan uses a very specific type of coolant/antifreeze. If regular ethylene glycol (like Prestone) was used, it attacks the head gaskets.
  • I recently replaced my transfer case in my 05 nissan murano. all has been reassembled but I have a lingering "Slip" and "VDC Off" lights that are on. the slip light is bright and the VDC off light is not as bright. If I unhook the battery they reset and they do not turn back on until I am about a quarter mile down the road. they turn on simultaneously. Then once on they are on right away when I restart the car. Help!!
  • Hello all - I have an 03 MO with 148000 miles and thru the years but here's is the list of stuff done and what is happening now.
    the crank sensor 60000 miles
    the cam sensor at 75000 replace
    the seat gear broken( I replaced the gear myself )
    the frame cracked fix myself ( had it welded)
    now for the on going stuff
    like the hesitation after driving on the expressways and coming to a stop in traffic then it hesitate in taking off still exist still dont see any answer to this ? anyone figure out what this is ? (I've seen reply's like it's the trans but I dont believe it has been going on way to long to be that and not always happens )
    I do now have drops of oil either from rear seal or transfer case I treat with Wynn's ( its not much that comes out ) but the issue is it drops on the exhaust and burning oil smell appears.
    the rt side window doesnt stay up when using the auto up it drops back down 6" ( dealer couldn't program ??)
    When I have the tail gate open it locks all doors after a minute I almost lock my keys in it - dealer couldnt re-program it ?? any ideals out there ?
    gas door actuator fails to open ( I just prevent it from locking not worth the trouble or cost )

maybe it's time I should think about trading it in for another car or SUV ...
  • The blower of my Murano does not always work or is delayed.
    I am using the manual mode. I have replaced the relay back in February 2012. Worked fine until last week. If I wiggle the relay or hit the fusebox are it will normally start. Searching the internat the relay is the problem. The relay is standard nothing hi-Tech. It would appear that the relay is not making a good connection but the relay replacement does fix the problem. This replacement I am going to verify that the contacts are good and tweak the terminals to insure that the connection is good.
    Anyone have any sugestions
  • I replaced the relay and all is well. I placed the old Blower relay in the accessory relay position and it was intermittent in that position also.
    I took the relay apart and it is very cheaply built. The relay does not have any over-travel. It does not have a very heavy contact for being a 30 amp relay.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    Thanks for coming back and giving us an update!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have a 2003 Murano and I 147,389 and I have had some of same problem the window on passenger side won't stay up comes down to same level as yours, the seat frame is crack need to have weld together. had to have all wheel Drive fixed front and back. Now they say I need a transmission and Murano 2003 had a recall on transmission but only the mechanic new about it if you had a issuse at 120,000 which the warranty was extended to without tellint the public i was on a need to know bases if something within those miles then they would fix it rather recall all thosew cars. so if you had a issue with transmission before a 120,000 see NISSAN FOR PAYMENT!!!!!! Corporate wouldn't fix mind.
  • Yeah, I read this and think...isn't the UV hitting the human much more important than the dumb dashboard?
  • I have had intermittent "check engine" light messages come up on the dash of my 03 Murano ever since I've owned the vehicle. I've had multiple electrical problems including needing four alternators in nine years among other things. Right now, the light is off. Tomorrow? Who knows? I've replaced the gas cap, instructed the service station attendants to tighten it securely after pumping my gas, etc.

Right now, my main problem is a loud, intermittent banging noise coming from under the hood in front. It almost sounds like something was dropped into that area. I have an appointment with my mechanic to get it checked out; I will NEVER, EVER use Nissan service again. Their labor costs are HUGELY inflated. Anyone else having/had this problem? If so, what was the cause and was it an easy fix? I'm nervous that this will be some big engine issue...

Sandi
  • tionationa Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Nissan Murano SL with a little over 54K mileage. It had some noise so I took it to the dealer, and come out with this repair list:

Power Steering High pressure Hose
    Right Engine Mount
    Front Engine Mount
    CV Boot

The total cost is about 1.8K.

And I was told that the Arm Control of front tires starts to crack and will need attention in the near future, which will be roughly 1k per deal quote.

I have never poured this much into a car repair before and this dismayed me. If the car can be trouble free after 3k, maybe. I browsed this forum a bit and it seems Murano would have transmission issue in the future too.

In short, I am thinking to replace this thing (I was planning to keep it for at least another 3 years). Before I do the jump, could some forum older timer give a list of common Murano major problems after 60k? Is it worth fixing and keeping at this point?

Sincerely appreciate any feedback and help.
  • I have a 2007 Murano that I bought used. In April the car completly shut down and I had it towed to the dealership. They determined that it was the crank shaft sensor and replaced it at no cost since it is still under warranty. On January 9th the sevice engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and they determined it was the Cam sensor and replaced it. The very next day the sevice enginge light came on and the car is shutting down once again. Since it happened over the weekend I'm SOL. Dealerships have only skeleton crews and I can't get someone to look at it until Monday. Anyway, anyone else having problems with sensors? I'm considering selling the car. I'll be taking a loss if I do. However, I do not feel safe. It is really scary when the car completely shuts down.
  • re:#2314, my post, replaced my 2 struts on my MO. There is 2 access covers to get at the 3 bolts to remove the struts. You do not have to remove the cowl. On the passenger side its fairly easy to get at the bolts. On drivers side one of the three my wrenches could not reach. I drilled a 3/4 " hole in the plastic upper cowl cover.above that bolt. I used Gabriel ultra struts, I advise ouners not to use that brand as they really ride rough. Be sure to line up the v notches on the spring retainer to the out board side. I borred the compressors W/ locking pins for non slip out, can cause lots of damage.
  • Question: This is my first Nissan that I bought. I included the extended warranty on the car. I bought the car a good distance from my home. We have kept up with maintenance on the car, however, we did not save the receipts for oil bought. I now have a problem with my Murano 2010, 28,000 miles, with white smoke when starting my car. I took it to the dealer and provided him with my service record of when we changed the oil. Because there was sludge in the oil, they want receipts for the oil purchased. We have only ever used what was stated in the manual. We were never told to save receipts for such things as oil, window washer fluid, air filters, etc. Now Nissan doesn't want to honor the warranty. The dealership won't even diagnosis what's wrong with the car. Where is it stated that receipts must be kept for 'normal' supplies for your car?
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    This is why I always have the selling dealer or another authorized dealer do the regular maintainance according to the owner's manual while the vehicle is under warranty. If something goes wrong, they did the service. All records are there and you also have a receipt. I guess it is only reasonable that a dealer or manufacturer would want to see receipts for warranty work.
  • It is listed in the owner's manual to keep a record of work done. It says that it can be done by the owner. It does not state anything about receipts. I did keep a record each time we changed the oil, put new filters on, added coolant, and windshield wiper fluid. There hasn't been anything wrong with the car until this. As I mentioned in my original post, the dealship is far from my home. I even purchased the extended warranty for this car. I have taken excellent care of this car and followed what was said in the manual. If receipts are required too, then it should state that. I did not buy the car in anticipation that something would go wrong such as this. I am extremely unhappy with Nissan.

Thank you for your reply, however, it doesn't answer my original question of where does it say in the manual that if you don't have receipts that it voids your warranty. That's the question I would like answered.
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,644
    It's in the warranty statement itself. It says specifically that you have to keep receipts for service work done elsewhere.
  • ljmeurekaljmeureka Posts: 1
    When I stopped at a traffic light, my Murano engine began reving and felt like it wanted to take off and run over the car in front of me. It sounded like I was ready for the Indy 500. I had my foot on the brake, then put both feet on brake, then just turned engine off. I waited a minute or so for my heart to stop pounding, then restarted the car and drove without a problem to a safe place and had it towed to dealership. They can find no problem but also won't test drive. I am afraid to get it from them and drive it. I drive long distances on curvy roads and am afraid it will accelerate over a cliff or when in town fear it will harm others. Any thoughts out there on what this is? I have 86K trouble free miles on this car.