Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• ljetteljette Posts: 19
    I have always called Nissan of North America when I needed to speak with someone about a problem with my Murano. I've had very good results. Their number is 1-800-647-7261.
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    that seems about as good a hope as any, lol. . .the service guy said Nissan was working on the problem. It ain't the end of the world and I suppose we should be happy it's not an issue when moving forward; nevertheless, I back up 10-12 times a day and my Murano never lets me forget about it's shortcoming. It sours the deal a bit as it's a pretty nice ride otherwise. Considering the level of automotive sophistication these days, I would think a brake squeak would be fairly minor stuff.
  • HI
    I HAVE HAD THE TRANSMISSION IN MY 2004 AWD REPLACED TWO TIMES IN 34000 MILES---STARTING TO ACT UP AGAIN--SURGING WHEN YOU ACCELERATE FROM STOP OR PASSING ANOTHER VEHICLE--DEALER TELLS ME THAT THEY HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE TRANSMISSION IN THIS TYPE AUTO--WOULD ANYONE WITH THE SAME TYPE PLEASE SEND ME A RESPONSE
  • I have a 2004 Nissan Murano SE. I am interesting in switching my current tail lights to the newer (2006-2007) LED ones. Is this possible?
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm disappointed, but now I know.
  • eoceoc Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 SE AWD and have been to the dealer for this same problem 4 times. My neighbors have even complained that the noise is so loud when I back out of my driveway. Nissans response "Oh it's a Murrano". Is this a common problem that they are not addressing? :cry:
  • 2007 awd ..i have same noise when in reverse..i am happy with the car , handles well in snow so far since i bought it 1000 miles ago...
  • I have a 07 SL AWD with 17,000 miles on it. The brakes started making noise at about 5,000 miles and it was annoying till about 12,000 miles. Since then it has pretty much stopped except for once in a great while while.

I never took it back to the dealer cause I knew there was'nt much they could do. I had read the complaints about the Murano and the brake noise prior to buying one. The 06 I rented for a long trip last year was REAL bad with the brake noise but I loved the car so much I had to buy the 07 regardless of the noise.

Hopefully with time the noise will stop with your Murano as it did with mine.
  • To post #1934, replace tail light bulbs. The red lens has two tabs on the inboard side. With a flat plastic blade prying next to the tabs will cause them to un-snap.. The outside edge tabs will release when the inboard side is lifted. All the bulbs are there.
  • eoceoc Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. All I can do is hope it goes away some day.
  • I've read reports where people have had Nissan replace the brakes and thats seemed to help. I've seen reports where it did'nt help at all. It is a problem that you would think they would have fixed by now but they have'nt.
  • baldwin3baldwin3 Posts: 121
    Here is what I understand. Brakes automatically "adjust" when backing up in all cars; that is, they tighten to a specific point, whereas in the "old days" as brake pads wore, you just lost braking power. Now, I also understand that the tolerance or distance between pad and rotor is very close, indeed, actually touches a bit. All this squealing going backwards is the re-set. Dealers/Nissan mechanics should know that. My 05 has NEVER had brake noise, indeed has had zero defects and at 30K I am keeping it, and bought a Nissan Platinum warranty for $1,500 covering me until 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever first. It is disappointing to hear Murano owners who didn't get excellent products, but guess what, this forum is for complaints only...the thousands (I assume) who have had great cars never punch in. Would like to hear another automotive brain discuss the "reset" of brakes when backing up....John B.
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    I may be wrong but I thought only drum brakes automatically adjusted when reversing.
    Considering how very complicated modern vehicles have become, it's hard to believe something as low-tech as brake noise is so difficult to solve for Nissan. I like my SL but I get a reminder every time a back up the car isn't perfect. It squeaks in reverse consistently. . .when it's cold it can be mighty loud. Too bad. Who wants a brand new car that's an embarassment to back out of a parking spot however good it is otherwise?
  • Hi,

I have a 2007 with the same problem, I just left the dealership a few minutes ago after having my first service done. They looked into the brake squeal issue and there is a technical service bulletin issued by Nissan for the problem. They have to order some type of shim kit from Nissan which they advise will take care of the issue. They didn't stock it so I am waiting for it to come in later this week. But it appears that the dealer and Nissan were aware of the issue.

I agree the squeal is very loud.
    I'm on the my dealerships list to be called when Nissan has a fix for the brake problem. Please let us know if you get a fix. I don't feel all that confident they will call. It drives me crazy. I want to be among the first to get it resolved.
  • baldwin3baldwin3 Posts: 121
    Pbean did everyone a favor by finding that service bulletin/recall notice. How interesting that so many have posted their dealerships were in the dark about the screeching brakes, and also that the problem seems to be in the newer 07 models as review of posts doesn't reveal it in earlier cars, such as my 05...Good job finding that!
  • Anybody have problems getting their back weels off? I have an '04 SLAWD thatI'm trying to change the breaks on and can't get the wheelse off no matter what I try!! Fronts came off like a piece of cake. :confuse:
  • oneionei Posts: 11
    Murano Owners, have any of you been having issues with your sun visors? I have a '04 Murano SL with Touring Package & 36k miles. 3yr warranty went off last April, yet I am about to be going through my 3rd sun visor. The visor will not stay up. Hit a bump & they drop. This last one that I have received, just drops about halfway down and stays. Are others having any issues? I stopped at my dealer yesterday and they don't come right out and say it but lead me to believe that this has been a problem with this part. Grant it, in Arizona you need to use the visor and rely on it heavily. It probably does get a little more use than some states, yet I think they should hold up a little better than this.

:shades: