Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greschgresch Posts: 11
    sorry forgot to ask, whats the time frame for you picking it up?

gresch
  • iolo72iolo72 Posts: 29
    It's SL/AWD with a sticker price of $35960.
  • desna78desna78 Posts: 21
    if MSRP is $35960, your murano SL must have something else besides 360 package.
    The dealer is M'Lady Nissan. They were one of two (the other was Rosen) who were even close to price paid on this forum. Rosen is just about completely out of stock.
    The guy I talked to is Patrick Tate who is Internet manager (and also the owner is his uncle as I found out :) He is straight forward and all business. I went down to see two cars below:

LE (charcoal) with DVD $32718
    SL/AWD (silver) fully loaded inc. Nav $32844

NOTE: These quotes include ALL rebates including $500 + $500 graduate discount. Needless to say my price went up by $1000 because I was taking 2.9% and not a recent graduate (within 2 years).

I was set on either black or white so I ended up forgoing the powered rear hatch (gasp!), 20" wheels and xenon light :cry:

Went there around 8 p.m. and got out at about 10 p.m. in a new car.

Sales manager (not Patrick) was trying to make some money out of you and said if I can find a dealer for the number I gave him, go ahead and get it. I told him I couldn't pay anymore, stood up, was walking out and told me to have a seat and finally got the number that I was willing to pay.

All in all good experience.

If you do find a car you like there and are serious about buying one let me know as they have a referral program ($500 if the referred person buys a car within 72 hours of referrer sending the person to the dealer) and I will split the $500 :)
    No pressure, of course (I sound like a salesman!)
  • basslerbassler Posts: 2
    iIam looking at a 2009 LE with AWD fully load without the DVD and have been given a price of $36,000 and to do a 39 month lease 0 down and 12,000 miles a year a price of $599 a month including tax.
    Do you think I could do better, also Iam in Orlando FL.
    It has Premium, Leather and 360 Value Pkg.
  • jpgray910jpgray910 Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2009 Murano SL. I had problems with 2 other Dallas dealers, they were switching cars and prices at the last minute. The third one I went to located the car we wanted at a price below what I thought I would have to pay.

We just picked up a 2009 Murano SL, with Black exterior and Gray leather interior that was installed at the dealer, with Premium Package, Mud Guards, Floor Mats, and Tinted Windows all for the drive out price of $26,925. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • desna78desna78 Posts: 21
    Hello jpgray910,

could you tell me what was the MSRP price for your 09 SL (FWD) murano?

My deal, on new 09 LE with moon roof + aero kit + carpet mats(3) + cross bars rails Murano, was $7100 OFF MSRP.
  • jpgray910jpgray910 Posts: 2
    Desna,

Its hard to tell because for some reason at the dealership the Leather and Premium Package were not invoiced, the vehicle was brought over from a sister dealership. The first time I looked at the vehicle was the first time the salesmen looked at the vehicle, he opened the door and said this must be the wrong vehicle because he doesnt have on his invoice leather and premium, he checked the vins and they matched. He basically gave me those two items for free because we had agreed on a price over the phone before I drove an hour out to the dealership. The MSRP on the vehicle was $29,750 before leather and premium, I got the vehicle for $25,120 and $26,925 drive home after TTL. With Leather and Premium that would have to make MSRP go up to at least $32,000. I got lucky, he said if we hadnt agreed on the price on phone with me he would definetly raise the price 2,000 - 3,000 if someone else was buying the vehicle. Problem right now in Dallas is inventory is real low on Muranos, it took me two weeks and 4 dealerships to find the one my wife wanted.
  • I am in the Dallas area as well and i am looking for a similiar vehicle.. can you tell me from which dealer you bought the vehicle and who was your salesman?
  • greschgresch Posts: 11
    DONT SHOP AT M'LADY (CHICAGO AREA)!!!!

i dealt with patrick who came highly recommended. long story short, he could not stand by his price that he quoted me via the internet, he was off by 2,000!!! i walked out, wasted an entire day. complete jerk! when i asked and showed him the emails, he came up with some excuse about availability and options, despite all of the info was clearly spelled out in detail through email.

I have no idea how everyone is getting these prices. jpgray, sounds like a great deal. completely different in the midwest.

production started up again for all muranos. theyll be hitting the lots at some point, heard the rebates are all but over now.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    St. Louis is only 5 hours away -- check prices at Autocenters Nissan, Bommarito Nissan, Suntrup Nissan. You should be able to find what you want at a fair price.
    Just checked inventories and very few muranos other than 40+ LE's. Almost no sl's or eves s models. Maybe wisconsin dealers or minnesota have some.
  • JPGRAY,

That's an excellent price. I too am in the Dallas area. Do you mind if I ask which dealer you got it from?
    gresch,

Sorry to hear about your problem. They did raise the price a little bit saying the quote they gave me included $500 rebate plus $500 college graduate rebate. I told him it was sneaky to do that and he said everyone else does it. I negotiated for a while and ended up paying a bit more than I hoped to get but below my budget, and I wanted a new car (4 miles on odo) in black (no demo, seems like just about everything out there is demo at least in midwest) with 2.9% finance so I grabbed it.

Oh, M'Lady also says their cars include floor mats, cargo area protector, and bumper protector. My car came only with floor mats and when I asked Pat about it he said the little piece of aluminum in the cargo area is the bumper protector and didn't even answer the question about cargo protector. I signed everything already so I couldn't ask for the other parts but I did send an e-mail about it but no reply so I guess I am out of luck.

From my experience, dealers will always find ways to weasel out of a deal and try to get you into the dealer in person. And, ALL the sales people I met (I mean 100%) had much less knowledge about the cars that they are selling than me.

For example, there was an LE in the showroom and as we were walking out to see another one, I told Pat that the LE he mentioned had no moonroof (he said it did in the e-mail). He kept insisting that all LEs come with a moon roof and I said that's not true, it's an option. He swore that he was right. We went back to the showroom and the LE in there DIDN'T have a moon roof. :( He acted all shocked and confused, of course ;)

At another dealer, I tried to open the rear hatch using a remote but didn't work so I asked the guy and he said I couldn't open the rear hatch with a remote when there is clearly a button for the hatch. It ended being broken.

There is a reason why people rate car buying experience lower than going to see a dentist.
  • chrissbuchrissbu Posts: 6
    I'm curious where some of these posters who are claiming to get the SL 360 package for $29,920 are getting these quotes from. I've talked to a couple of dealers in my area, and they're not even coming close.

First, my question is about the options that come with the 360 package. If you go to Nissan's site, it's not very clear what features come with the 360 package, such as the Bose stereo, etc. If I build it on CarsDirect, it requires me to add the premium and leather package (with the 360 package). But the Nissan site looks like it just bundles them together, but isn't very detailed (if that makes any sense).

As for pricing, I'm in the Buffalo, NY area, and the best I've been able to do so far on an AWD SL 360 is $31,400. Invoice is $32,905, so it looks like a pretty good deal to me. I only go to speak with the salesman briefly this evening, but will follow up for more details on Monday.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    Regarding what comes with the 360 package its listed on Nissan Web Site :

•18" x 7.5" 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with metallic finish
    •Dual Panel Moonroof
    •Silver accented roof rails
    •Nissan Intelligent Key™ keyless entry and ignition system
    •Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
    •Interface System for iPod® [1]

This package requires Leather Package and Preumin package.

[1] Always give your full attention to driving. Avoid operating your iPod® in such a way that you can be distracted during vehicle operation. iPod charge through the Interface System may only be supported via use of FireWire® devices. See Dealer for details.

® The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nissan is under license.

NOW regarding people posting what they paid for thier murano;s, take it with a grain of salt, if they aren't posting the name of the dealership and city, then you can pretty much figure its not true...
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    To show you how pricing has changed on the murano sl awd -- mine had an msrp of just over 34k with premium,moonroof,leather, mudflaps and sold for 29200 in october 09. This was the real price. There was no rebate or public incentive. Nobody was buying back then and since all you folks have come out to buy -- nissan has jacked prices. Can't blame them -- not many at local dealerships -- the car is relatively hot in this economy. You can deal better on altimas -- seem to be loads -- everyone wants a murano and nissan is playing the game to maximize profits. That's taking care of business. If I were looking now, I'd go straight to the acura dealer and test drive a base 09 rdx. Nicely equipped msrp 34k -- quote 29500. A bit smaller but very upscale.
    You need to keep in mind that prices change dramatically depending on where and when you buy. I find it that if you live near large cities where business is brisk, you are not going to get as much off as if you live in a rural area. Also, if dealers have a lot of Murano's on the lot, it will be easier to negotiate. Here in Midwest around Chicago area, it was very difficult to find exactly what I was looking for (2-3 weeks ago) but it seems like now there are more deals available (getting some e-mails about deep discounts and end of months deals, of course I would never know how real they are until I go in). I got my SL/AWD/360 for $30900 with 2.9% and I am sure I could've squeezed out a bit more if I was more aggressive but it was late and I was tired :)

Also, keep in mind that A LOT of quotes on the forums are probably straight from e-mails sent by dealers who 99% of time add in ALL available rebates (whether you qualify or not) so most likely, the $29,920 will end up $30,920 if the dealer adds back $500 rebate for June (if you want 2.9% financing instead) and $500 graduate rebate.
  • chrissbuchrissbu Posts: 6
    Thanks for the insight...I'm being told that the Murano's are scarce around here, but a couple of emails quoting some of the prices I've found on here brought in an offer of $31,400, and I'm waiting to hear back about which incentives they squeezed into that price.

For your SL/AWD/360, that's already a good chunk below invoice...do you know if there were other incentives hidden in there to get it down so low? I'd be happy to get them down that last $500 to match your price.
    My price includes no rebates as I opted for 2.9% financing instead of $500 (both will end in 2 days) and obviously it's been more than 2 years since I graduated :) so no $500 graduate rebate, either.

From all my experience, 99% of quotes from dealers include all possible rebates (even if you don't qualify) to get you in through the door. To be fair, they do include a disclaimer like "all factory rebates included or applied" in e-mail quotes.