Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    $500 over invoice is what cars used to sell for -- minus any factory rebate or dealer cash.Over 3k off sticker doesn't seem bad to me if I wanted a murano. The recent car market crash was unprecedented. Thousands under invoice is unlikely to happen anytime soon -- maybe never. You can get a nice ford escape for thousands less. Great reviews and reliability.If that price is way too high for you, I'd cross the muano off your list because I doubt if your going to find a much better deal anytime soon. They are in the business of making money now that people are back wanting muranos.
    Had my murano since october. 8k miles. Very nice car. Would have been just as happy with a ford escape/honda crv/subaru forester for thousands less. It's safe comfortable transportation not a religious experience. My life has not improved one iota by having it in the garage or on the road. Use your head more than your heart when buying. Hindsight is 20/20.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    That's too bad for you.... Since I got my Subaru last year, I could swear that I'm better looking and chicks dig me... ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You Subaru dudes impreza all the babes. Putting one on my next look list.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    LOL

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mdb78mdb78 Posts: 2
    I purchased a Murano LE this weekend, details are below

Saraha Stone/Beige leather interior
    Illuminated Door Sills
    Black Roof Rail Crossbars
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Cargo Area Protector
    Navigation System
    Dual Panel Moonroof

MRSP of 41,990, I was able to get two dealers to go back and forth until I got one down to $36,393 (+$780 for freight, taxes of $1,115, tags $60, and processing of $359) with an OTD price of $38,207. I also was able to get 2 years of free oil changes. I had the option of another $500 off, but chose the 2.9% financing. I had the option of Platinum Graphite with Black leather interior for $150 more from the other dealer (same offer of 2 years of free oil changes). This deal was done in northern virginia.
  • Same type of color and model I'm looking for in CA. I would have paid what you did but no one was willing here. I think you did pretty good.
  • do you mind telling me the dealership w the other vehicle?
  • mdb78mdb78 Posts: 2
    Rosenthal Nissan, it looks like its still in stock according to their website. They don't list the color in the description of the car, but its definitely platinum graphite (the dealer I bought from pulled up the VIN and had all the details out).
  • I've been offered an 09 SL FWD with leather installed by dealer for $25,997+TTL. It's in the sapphire blue color. This doesn't include rebates because I'm taking the financing. That seems like a pretty decent deal to me. The MSRP for this one is $28,935 but that doesn't include the leather. What do you guys think? Good deal?
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    Price is right, BUT just because it has leather doesn't mean its a great deal. When you get leather from the factory it has the same warrenty as the new car, but having the leather installed at the dealer, your basically S.O.L... Stay away from dealer installed leather...
  • Well leather is a deal-breaker for me. If it costs me an extra $3K to get a model with leather I can take the risk that it will go bad. Worst case scenario? Go back to the dealer and get them to install it again for $1500. It's just self-insuring, basically. I just have no desire to ever own another vehicle that is cloth.
    The new vinyls are so close to leather -- I would be very sure you are getting what you pay for. Check auto custom shops and price a leather swap -- just to be sure.
  • iolo72iolo72 Posts: 29
    And, I think you also don't get the power passenger or heated (MUST here in Chicago!) seats.
  • Thanks for the concern. I went ahead and contacted the dealer about the leather warranty. The do not do the install themselves. They send it to a place in town and they have a 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty on the leather. The same place would add a sunroof for $1500, which I just thought sounded funny. Wasn't aware you could do that, but I guess it makes sense.
  • Well that's not AS big of an issue in Texas ;-).
    The dealer doubles the charge they pay for leather. Go to the installer on your own.
    Pinstriping at the dealer is $95-175. The shop near me does it for $35 + tax. Same stuff.
  • Dealers are still fierce here in Texas. A couple of dealers here are offering $27,900 for an S with Convenience package, no rebates applied, from sticker of $29,440. I'm about to bite. What do you guys think?
    If you have thoroughly researched and test driven 4-5 competitive vehicles and still really, really want the murano then bite. The mazda cx-9, ford edge,subaru forester& outback,honda crv,and hyundai santa fe come to mind. Happy trails.
  • kilrbkilrb Posts: 6
    Well, after hanging out on this page every day or two for the last month, I finally pulled the trigger on an LE. I was dead-set on the beige interior, and I wanted a moon roof, with no Nav. I wasn't overly picky about the color. I thought that wouldn't be a big deal; boy was I wrong. There was one LE in Kansas City with tan interior. That's it. I searched all the neighboring states, and could only find a couple of tan interiors without nav, and they were one of the two colors I didn't want (tinted bronze or the saharan stone). Oh, there was a grey LE with DVD and no moon roof in Oklahoma, but I really wanted the moon roof.

Anyway, I decided to see what I get on the local one (Murlot; not my first pic in colors, but I could live with it). I wound up with what I think is a reasonable deal, considering there wasn't much else to choose from. I got invoice plus $500 less the $1,250 rebate, and I got free oil changes for life. I had a competitive for invoice less the rebate, but it was with the black interior, and it didn't include the free oil changes. Fortunately, the dealer I bought from was the one I plan to use for services, so the freebie oil changes are worth something. Probably halfway close to the $500 premium, even after discounting for the time value of money. Good luck to all of you who are looking for tan interiored LE's in specific colors!

I should probably state that the price out the door (including all fees except tax/title) was $35,950, which was exactly 750 under the invoice for this Murano that had moonroof, lit door sills, floor mats, and the trunk protector thingy.