Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    What did you do, jump into the backseat, to have a mild concussion take a good blow to the head.
  • Here's the best offer that I could get in the NJ/NY area. Sealing the deal this weekend:

2010 Murano SL AWD

Merlot with Black interior
    Leather
    Premium
    Moonroof
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards

Out-the-door for $35k flat with 10k down and 2.9% for 60 mos.

Shopped around for a few weeks and contacted lots of dealers.

I wasn't interested in Nav or Tech., just the most comfortable ride.

Offers were all over the chart.

Did have one offer for the same as above with 3 yr service contract for $35.5 OTD, but then he gave me the old "I sold them all and now it was $36.6" when I was ready to pull the trigger a week later (Ramsey).

Figure with an invoice of $33,080 on Edmunds, TrueCar, and KBB, this is a good deal.
  • I am in a non-rebate state and am looking at a deal at invoice - anyone beating this pricing (no trade).
  • I got the same SL with identical packages and options. Price paid on the car was under $31.5K, the terms are the same for all dealers. What was the final price on your car? My final price with tax & fees were lower since I got $18K for my trade which impacted my taxes. Who is the dealer. I went to 5 of them in NJ NY area before going to the last one RT 22. If you want to give my guy a call to check I can give you his name. You can email me at cutco760@yahoo.com. coincidently someone else got the same car for $31.7K based on my recommendation.

Iwent to these dealers.
    Bay Ridge
    Massapequa
    Hilltop
    Springfield Nissan
    Acme
  • jr343jr343 Posts: 8
    Stay away from Koppell if you want good deal.....

Definitely high game players,,, from first hand experience...posted same many pages back but worth it to me to post again...very sour taste in my mouth from them...
  • Non rebate state. 10 SL AWD tech roof and leather $33,100 plus $200 doc and sales tax.
  • I can't help but notice most of the people here are talking about he higher model or Murano. I'm in the process of shopping a basic S model of Murano. Its a new year and a few dealers are trying to push their 2009 models. I got an offer for Murano S 2009 for $23499. It is basic with a convenience package (even thought i have no idea what it is) and floor mat and splash guard. Anyone has any commend on it?

also, does anyone know what is the difference between an 09 and 10?
  • Hi Cutco.

I am interested in getting a murano SL. Please email me the details of the sales person or dealer at ceemovie@yahoo.com
  • Hi that convenience package is the floor mat and splash only nothing else. The car is extremely basic. Which area of the country are you in? I shocked to hear about 2009 S. A 2010 AWD S is about $25K. I had an offer on a basic 2010 AWD SL for $28.5K. I would go with a 2010 instead of a 2009 giving that the safety features are better. I dont think that there are many 2009 SL available. Is the S that you are looking for a AWD? Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    For the '09 Murano S model, the convenience package is:

Alarm System, Cargo Cover, Privacy Glass & Roof Rails.

$550 addition to MSRP...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• loachloach Posts: 246
    After unsuccessfully trying to buy an '09 last fall, I just picked up my new Murano this weekend:
    2010 Nissan Murano LE AWD
    Platinum Graphite/ Black
    Navigation
    Accessory Value Package
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

MSRP $41,275
    Invoice $37,912

Price before rebates $37,250 (includes $199 dealer doc fee)
    Rebate ($1,250)
    Presidents Day bonus cash ($500)
    Dealer Referral Coupon ($100)
    Added Rear Bumper Protector $199
    Final price = $35,599

No trade or financing. TT&L is paid at the DMV in my state - not at the dealer. I was very pleased with this deal. No dealers in the area had the color/trim that I wanted, so initially I got a quote from a dealer about 200 miles away. But this local dealer was very aggressive about locating my vehicle, beating the other dealers price and getting the vehicle to the dealership for me. I'm very pleased with the deal and looking forward many years of driving my new Mo. My new ride replaces my 2001 Pathfinder, which I was very happy with but sold to my brother.

The Presidents Day cash kind of fell in my lap - the vehicle arrived at the dealership the first day of the $500 bonus cash. Thinking about blowing it on a remote start system.
  • I bought my new 2009 (car had 50 miles on odo) for $34,300 in June 2009. MSRP was $41,300.

Murano LE AWD with carpet floor mats, cross rail bars, and Aero Kit all around.

My murano does not have Navigation and HDD. Everything else is in. Very happy with my car. already 8,000 miles on it.
    Is it a good deal?

One little problem I had with the radio: when start the engine, FM radio stopped broadcasting. AM/XM/CD/iPod worked fine but FM could not hear from the speakers. Had to shut engine and restart again to fix the problem. Nissan replaced the radio. No more issues with radio after that.
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    We'll be in the market for a new car this summer. When I got my Murano I had decided I wanted it and emailed the online depts of 2-3 dealers. I got a good price fairly easily. I don't know what car I want this time and will have to shop a few to decide. Does that put me out of online dealing and into salesperson dealing? I really hate to haggle because it's a waste of time. I know what I want to pay and won't play the game. I hate to take a salesperson's time, but I need them to see the car, and with them I have to play the game.

I hope I made my question clear....

Can I email for quotes and then test drive the cars to decide? I'm just not sure how to approach it.

On a different point, when we bought our Altima I knew we wanted one. We found one in the right color and the salesman refused to give us a price until we drove it (we'd driven others) He wasted our time because in the end they couldn't beat the price we hahe wasted his time making us drive a car when he knew our price point and probably knew he couldn't meet it.
  • I have owned many different types of cars and trucks. My “2003 Murano SE” has turned out to be for me one of the most unreliable and repair intensive cars I have ever owned.

The short list:

• Recurring brake and strut problems.
    • Had CVT repaired twice.
    • Replaced CVT.
    • Engine oil leaks (valve covers; seals; gaskets; etc.).
    • The engine now is burning oil (I have changed it every ~3K miles).
    • Catalytic converter system and O2 sensors replaced.
    • Failed power door lock solenoids (2).
    • Cup holder ears broke with little pressure.
    • Bose CD changer problems (disc player skips; speakers cut out).
    • Gas cover door sticks preventing access to fill tank with gas.
    • AC system coolant leaks repaired and system re-charged.

These issues have made the experience of owning this car very sour. I have spoke to other owners who have expressed the same dissatisfaction. See my posts in the CVT issues section.

By anything else. Don't buy a Nissan Murano!
  • See my post #2683.

For the $$$ you're better off getting an Acura or a Lexus!
  • loachloach Posts: 246
    Silly me - I thought this was the "prices paid" thread.
  • Sorry to bother you with my note. However, I feel compelled to warn people about what to expect while considering purchasing a Murano.

Hope you have better luck.
  • Mike, too bad about your 1st generation Murano, but this thread is about new Muranos which were redesigned for the 2009 model year. (Plus your 2003 was the first year of a completely new design - always a risk. Shouldn't be, but that is the reality of any new design from any manufacturer).

We've had our 2009 for 14 months and put 28,000 miles on it, including long highway trips, city driving, and winter mountain trips. The car has been absolutely perfect, no defects or repairs of any kind required. Its clearly the best midsize SUV/CUV out there, as indicated by Consumer Reports surveys and Edmund's editors.

And, to bring this back to the purpose of this thread, a great value compared to the Lexus RX350, and the Infinity FX35 we cross shopped for.

--jayhawk
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,251
    My 09 SL has just under 12k miles and not a single issue. Buying the first model year of anything and keeping it beyond the warranty is usually risky.
  • hafezhhafezh Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Today, I bought Murano from Nissan Buena Park. I paid $32K for SL 2WD that included the premium and Technology packages. The price I paid was after getting $1250 cashback from Nissan.
    Other options that were included in the deal are: duel moonroof , roofrack cross bars, mats and rear cargo cover.
    I had to pay extra for tax and license which is more than $3K. My deal included trade in my previous 2006 SL 2WD Murano that had 73000 miles for $13,500.
    I spent 6 hours at the dealership where I had to do negotation with 3 persons but the entire experience was pleasant. I did research the used car and new car information and tips from Edmunds site and that really helped me . I am sharing this for shoppers looking into buying Murano. I love the car and I hope my new car will work as good as my previous one.