Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    htn123htn123 Member Posts: 15
    I felt for you SuperDavid. I got the same situation like you did, but I did not accepted the extra fee. Had to walked out of the deal... See message 147 and 150.
    That is why now a day, before you buy, get the price and calculate the "drive out price" base on your local tax and tag. Nothing else. If they can't give you that, go somewhere else.
    Well, enjoy your Murano, it's a great car. I love mine :).
    htn.
  • Options
    superdavidsuperdavid Member Posts: 24
    Thanks clpurnell and everybody else. But I signed up for the 3.97% financing and some paperwork already. Not sure that I could back off the deal and the dealer to return my deposit. I checked with carmax.com, and I even find car more to my liking, Murano SL full loaded, with FWD (I don't need AWD, I live in N.Y.C.), no cold package for about 30K. Have anybody bought car in carmax.com before?? I am familiar with the area cause I visit Baltimore often.
  • Options
    njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    What's done is done, so, don't fret over it (Easy for me to say..)! The Mo is a really great car and it has made it to the top two of my short list - The other one is an RX and the dealers ain't dealin' in NJ... I intend going with CARMAX as soon as my CR-V is sold in the open market. I have spoken / emailed them and I feel comfy enough to go ahead. Besides, It's just a 3 hour drive from NJ, so, It is definitely worth a shot. Like somebody pointed ealier, you could wring the turnip or sugarcane or whatever you wanna wring but, I would gladly give away $200 for COURTEOUS service. I am no cream puff and I am known for arguing with sign posts but, the dealers in NJ are refusing to deal below invoice. The only oddthing about CarMAX I found so far is this: Someone making an out of state purchase was able to waive the $99 paper fee as they did not do their registration in MD. I asked CarMAx about this and tehy refused to do it for me.
    Again, don't fret over something that can't be undone... Have fun with your new Mo! Just saw one in front of me on the turnpike with MD plates this morning and told myself, "You'll have yours pretty soon!" ;0)
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    As long as you do not have possesion of the car I think you can back out. Worst case "Threaten" to back out if they do not give you a similar deal to carmax without all the add ons. print out the ad on carmax and say listen match this price or give me my deposit back and walk. I helped my brother in law buy a Mitsu up there NYC must have the shadiest dealers around.
  • Options
    dowamdowam Member Posts: 22
    Anyone else out there getting muranos for under invoice?
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    Just print out the specification page for the car you like at CarMax and take it along with you to your dealer.

If they don't match the price (the $99 paperwork fee is legitmate and charged at all Carmax stores)including the $99 fee, walk away and go to carmax and buy.

Just remember, no dealing at carmax. The price posted is what you pay + the $99 fee.
  • Options
    For a Murano SL AWD, Premium Pack, Leather Pack, Cold Pack, Sunroof, mudflaps, cargo cover.....$33,032.75. Is this a good deal? Without Tax, title, registration and doc fees it came to 31,275.

Let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    thats about 600 under invoice(31854) I would say it is a very good deal.
  • Options
    If I bring up a trade in, do you think they would go a bit lower? I was told that I should negotiate price first and then offer up the trade in. My trade in book value is around 15,400.
  • Options
    Where did you make the deal at? Not in the north east I am sure!! Could you please share the name of the dealership etc..? I have finally eliminated the RX and zeroed in on the MO and slept peacefully for 11 hours last night without any guilt consience of streching my budget close to beyond my means ;0) As soon as I sell the CR-V in the open market, I am calling CarMAx for a same day appointment with one of their internet sales people;0)
    The best part is, now that I am decided on a Mo, I even started thinking on the lines of sliding my bottom line price by a couple hundred dollars and that got me all euphoric when I am faced ith the possibility that I couold actually own a new Mo within the next few weeks ;0) ;0);0);0).
    Also, for those who have read my infiniti FX resale calculation posts, it is still somewhat the same buying an '03 Murano at $500 below invoice as against an '04 at $500 over. I can explain if you have further questions.
    DOWAM, Could you please share the scoop? It would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • Options
    go to real world trade in values thread on the smart shopper board and terry will give you a number on your trade. You did real good by negotiating first then bring up the trade. If they give you near terry's number and the price you got a super deal. Throw the books away though they are usually not very accurate.
  • Options
    I bought my new Murano this weekend. clpurnell, thanks for all of the info. I got a reasonable price for my trade in. After the MA trade in tax credit, I was about $500 short of what I was looking for. I was happy with the negotiated price on the new car so I just went through with it. Murphy's law, I returned home after I bought the car and some guy called me about selling the vehicle privately. Anyway, I digress.

Njex, bought the murano at Kelly Nissan of Lynfield on the N. Shore outside of boston. Quirk Nissan in Quincy offered me the initial price of 31,275 (Prem, Leath, Cold, snrf, mats, flaps and whl locks). I called kelly and they matched it. In addition, I had 3.99% financing through AAA and Kelly offered to match it so I could leave with the car that day. All in all I was satisfied with my purchase upon departure.
    Kelly also threw in rubber floor mats for the winter (my friend was bitching at them for freebees so they threw the mats in).

Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks for everyones help.
  • Options
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Even better, do what I did. I got a TMV price for the used Outback I got last April and then asked Terry. His price was within $100 of TMV.

Here's the link:

Real-World Trade-In Values

Lurk a bit to figure out what info to provide Terry and the other dealers - otherwise you may get sent to your room :-)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    sounds like you got an excellent deal. Congrats and enjoy your MO.
  • Options
    Thanks again for all of your help/info. It proved to be extremely valuable. Now if only I could find a rear bumper guard or alternative! Parking in cambridge is a beast.
  • Options
    roberobe Member Posts: 1
    Hi there .I am in Canada.
    I am considering purchasing the sl awd murano.
    The price they are asking is 38,500.00 canadian.
    Anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
  • Options
    Dont know what that is in US currency. From my experience, you should be paying invoice or below on the 03s. Also, you should explain what options that comes with so people have a better idea of the pricing.
  • Options
    milgrad0721milgrad0721 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a Murano. I went to several local dealers and I can get an 03 300 below invoice. I am thinking that is a pretty good deal. The delema is, should I wait for an 04? I can get an 04 for 300 over invoice. I am thinking of waiting for the 04, but the dealer doesn't have any pricing on them yet. Does anybody know when they will be out?
  • Options
    The dealer told me late october. You are dealing with the minimum of a $600 dollar difference, that is assuming invoice on the 04s is similar. Its your call, I dont think there are any changes to the SL. The SE supposidly has some minor changes to the shifting though. That is just what I heard.
  • Options
    jbalser12jbalser12 Member Posts: 6
    Bought a 2003 Murano SL 2WD, majestic blue/beige with premium and leather pkg, and sunroof, mud flaps, cargo cover and tray, and floor mats for $30,500 + TTL. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    I know it will be a $600.00 difference which is not a huge deal. I just think it is kind of dumb to buy an 03, when the 04's will be out right around the corner. I could be wrong. Anybody have the NAV system? Can't decided if I should get it or not. I have one in my Pathfinder now and like it, but am not sure if it is worth the 2000 grand.
  • Options
    I heard that the 04's are identical to the 03's in all respects. That being said, living in CA with the tripling of the car tax, it was either buy one at invoice now or wait until the 04's come out and spend a couple of grand more. It's not dumb unless you know everyone's situation. As for the nav system, most of the cars I have seen come without nav b/c nav is pretty much regulated to the fully loaded Muranos. From what I have read and seen of the Nissan Nav, it is not yet up to par with Lexus or Acura as far as ease of use. Not worth the money. At least not yet. Mapquest is much cheaper.
  • Options
    donekodoneko Member Posts: 4
    I always read about the tripling of the California car tax. So how much is it going to be from October? On Mapquest you mean printed directions? If you miss one turn, they become useless. With Navi you can never get lost. You can find alternative routes in case of detours or congestion. It maybe worth the money for many people. It's a far better value than a moonroof for $1000...
  • Options
    I bought mine for 31,275 w/o TTL. It is an AWD SL with premium pkg, leather pkg, cold pkg, sunroof pkg, and flaps. You should be paying invoice or less on the '03. I called around, found a place that was trying to unload a ton of 03s, they gave me the quote and then I went to other dealerships to play ball. That is just my advice though. I really wanted to squeeze blood from a stone.
  • Options
    adnipsadnips Member Posts: 36
    milgrad

Where did you get your quote of $400 over invoice for an 04 Murano?
  • Options
    jbj2jbj2 Member Posts: 1
    After many hours of research & test drives we finally broke down & bought the MO today. SL FWD, Sheer Silver w/charcoal, premium pkg, floor mats, splash guards, cargo protector - paid $27,370. Not my 1st choice in color, but I think we got a pretty good deal. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    I am dealing with Mcminn Nissan in the Pittsburgh area. $400.00 over invoice. My Murano is ordered. Hope to have it before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    mediabaronmediabaron Member Posts: 2
    This was a deal offered on August 30 by a dealer in northwestern connecticut: '03 SE AWD silver/black with cold pkg, pop pkg, cargo area pad; rug mats, roof deflector, splash guards: $32,600 plus tax tags registration.

lease deal $1300 down cod 489.84 a month for 39 months, 12000 miles OR 39 months 15000 mile same down 498.87 a month.

DECENT? OR LOUSY? also dont foreget this was a little more than a month ago. they to search for the car and got one but when it came it was missing the cold package so i passed on it and they are now waiting for the '04 and "claim" they will give me the same deal. Thoughts on the deal etc will be much appreciated. I will lease.
  • Options
    meronycmeronyc Member Posts: 4
    Can I get the 2003 or 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD with Prem Package and the other goodies packages for about $370-$400 a month lease for 36 months 15k per year? How would I go about it. Its now October 5,2003. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I REALLY WANT THIS CAR.
  • Options
    CA tax for the Murano would have been at least $750 dollars as of Oct. 1. Instead, we paid about $250. Hopefully Arnold will repeal that so my Maxima's reg is not $750. Dowam, you're much more of a trooper than I. I love to squeeze blood from a stone but I would rather pay a couple of bucks more to seal the deal and spend the rest of the day driving my new car.
  • Options
    Mediabaron, I got the same stuff on my murano and paid 31,275 before TTL, although that doesnt sound like a bad price and mine is the SL.

Jbalser, good point, it did take me the better part of the morning and into the afternoon to wring the blood from my stone. I figured I had the time so what the heck! Trooper may not be the word, cheap [non-permissible content removed] may be more fitting for me!
  • Options
    adrew777adrew777 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Murano almost 2 weeks ago and paid a bit less than TMV price. I got a 2wd Polished Pewter SL with charcoal leather (leather package), sunroof, premium package, cold package, floor mats, cargo mat, splash guards, and sunroof wind deflector for $29,800 +TTF. Overall I think I got a great deal and did this by email each dealer in my area and asking to submit their lowest price for this vehicle. It took about 3 hours to get all the bids in and I went to the cheapest (Jim Keras Nissan in Memphis) and it was as easy as that and the dealership experience was fantastic.
  • Options
    akasrpakasrp Member Posts: 170
    Just got back from checking out Muranos.
    Local dealer had 03’s jacked up $3500 over MSRP then “Monster Blowout’ priced back down to about Invoice plus $1000.
    At that rate I gotta be nuts (especially given that I can’t get first color/drivetrain/option choices) not to wait for an 04.
    Local Subaru and Toyota dealers are $1200 to $2000 under Invoice on 03's (for comparison).
    Is this wacky 03 closeout pricing consistent with Nissan Dealers across the country?
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    Wow, the California dealers are really greedy.

Check out CarMax.com in Washington DC. They're showing a loaded SE AWD with everthing including Nav, MSRP of $38,132 for $34,238 or about $472 under invoice.

This is also a no dickering environment, so no hassle, except maybe the trip out and back!
  • Options
    Yeah, Douglas Nissan in Huntington Beach was marking up Muranos - esp. SE AWD - close to $4000 over sticker. The salesperson said it was geared towarded people with suspect credit. I told the salesperson that with 04's coming out, the car should be marked close to $4000 under sticker. She laughed. I laughed and bought from somebody else. Interestingly, Huntington Beach dealerships, whether it be Nissan, VW, etc., seem to always be marking up cars by $2000 to $4000. Strange tactic in such a weak economy.
  • Options
    jimmymac908jimmymac908 Member Posts: 1
    jbalser12

I also live in Orange County, CA and have been looking at Murano's. Where did you end up buying and did you get it for under invoice?

jimmymac
  • Options
    suv789suv789 Member Posts: 4
    the 2004 murano is now listed at the www.nissanusa.com website. The packages are a little different but the price is almost exactly the same. Good news for those who waited!!!
  • Options
    robsim2robsim2 Member Posts: 3
    I'd been looking at the 2003 for a while, but I had trouble finding the Cold Package. NissanUSA.com indicated Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA received a 2004 this week, and the 2004 Touring Package includes the cold package stuff (heated seats, mirrors). I saw the 2004 Murano in Sheer Silver with Cafe Latte leather sitting in the corner of the dealer's lot; it still had plastic on everything, inside and out. When I went inside and talked with the salesmen, he didn't even know they'd received a 2004. It didn't even have a stock number yet.

The MSRP/sticker price was $33,260:
    Base of $28,200;
    Touring Package $4,300
    Floor Mats $80
    Cargo Area Protector $70
    Sunroof Wind Deflector $70

This MSRP is only $8 more than the equivalent 2003. I paid $31,276 (which included an inflated $298 doc fee)

Since MSRP didn't really change between 2003 and 2004 I assumed invoice didn't change much, which the dealer confirmed when showing me the invoice at one point (though I didn't get a copy). 2003 invoice would have been $30,355, so I think I paid about $921 or so above invoice. I think I could have gotten them down a bit more (the process didn't take long enough), but not too bad for the 2nd 2004 on the lot, and likely one of the first few anywhere.

They offered the 84 months/70,000 miles extended service plan (Security+Plus) for about $1300 or so. I showed them an online quote for a 3rd party service plan for $875 and they eventually came down to $930.

Also got 3.1%/48-month financing, after showing them the 3.49%/36-month financing I'd gotten from an online source.

Hope that wasn't too much information. Hope it helps someone. I was very happy with the service at Regal Nissan.
  • Options
    bigheadtoolerbigheadtooler Member Posts: 7
    I also live in the ATL area and will be looking at the 2004 probably later this year. I haven't been to Regal yet so it is good to know the experience went well.
  • Options
    colts1colts1 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just bought a silver murano sl awd.
    they sold the extended warranty for 2100 that was 7years 100000. After we bought I called nissan corp and listened to there prompts it said we had 60 days to cancel if we didnt want it. They forgot to tell me that at Auburn Nissan in Wash so i canceled it.
  • Options
    robsim2robsim2 Member Posts: 3
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I got 7 years/70,000 miles for $930 for an SL FWD, which the dealer claimed was his cost (thought I don't believe him). I've heard the true cost is usually about 50% of the MSRP. I've also heard you're welcome to shop around and buy the service plan from any Nissan dealer. An online quote from a third-party warranty company may help you in your negotiations. Good luck!
  • Options
    leswlesw Member Posts: 11
    I looked for a Sheer Silver/Cafe Latte color combo on 2004 models. Last night I found it searching dealer inventories on Nissanusa.com.
    The car is 100 miles away, but I'm paying $290 over invoice and I'm getting Exactly what I want.
    Touring Pkg.
    Mats
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Protector
    Sunroof deflector
    MSRP $34960
    Paid $32195 including all the docs and temp plates. If nothing goes wrong we are picking the car up this Saturday.
  • Options
    octothorpeoctothorpe Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone confirm the base invoice cost on the new 2004 Murano, particularly the SE AWD version? I noticed a discrepancy in the prices quoted to me:

2003 Invoice $27,659
    2003 MSRP $30,599
    Difference $ 2,940

2004 Invoice $28,278
    2004 MSRP $30,750
    Difference $ 2,472

While the MSRP only went up $151, the base invoice went up by $619, which seems very odd. Has anyone else encountered the figures? I can't find any site on the net with 2004 invoice pricing.
  • Options
    lesw......Where did you locate your SE AWD for 290 over invoice? Was there an advertising charge on the invoice? Dealer prep, doc prep, or any other junk fees? I'm in the market for the same model. For octothorpe's benefit, the invoice pricing for the 04s is as follows:

SL FWD....25,932 Retail...28,200
    SL AWD....27,404 29,800

SE FWD....26,807 Retail...29,150
    SE AWD....28,278 30,750

Add Delivery Charge of 540.00

While I got my numbers from fighting chance a couple of days ago, the Nissan/Infiniti News Bureau just announced the Murano pricing today.

Another question, has anyone seen a Murano on a dealers lot with the dynamic control package already installed? I'd like to have this option but short of a special order it may be difficult to do.

Thanks for any input!
  • Options
    leswlesw Member Posts: 11
    adnips... My Murano is SL AWD not SE. After many test drives a slightly softer ride without sacrifice in handling determined my choice.
    The dealer is Newburgh Nissan in Newburgh New York and I dealt, all over the phone, with the GM
    Nelson. After we agreed on the price he faxed me his invoice :
    Murano SL AWD 29800 inv. 27404
    Cargo protect 70 53
    Floor Mats 80 61
    Splash Guards 100 73
    SL Touring Pkg 4300 3730
    Sunroof Deflect 70 46
    Dest & Handling 540 540
    Total 34960 31907
    Dealer holdback shown on the invoice is $901
    There were no hidden costs or any other nonsense.
    The price of 32195 is "out the door price" including Temp Tags. The total transaction took less than 15 minutes with maybe additional 30 minutes of the follow up/working out the details.
    The easiest purchase transaction I have experienced.
  • Options
    shindigshindig Member Posts: 2
    I thought I read somewhere that there is a relatively "safe" build date for 2003s where the car will be as "up to date" as a 2004. Does anyone know what that date is? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    lesw.....Sounds like you got a good deal, especially on the 04 model year. I've run into doc/prep fees as high as $499 here in Atlanta.

Keep in mind, Nissan has already paid the dealer to prep the car in the 1st place. Go figure. No problem, I'm telling dealers to reduce the price accordingly.

The 03s have backed up & montly inventories are up to 67 days which is high for the Murano. It's not doing as well YTD as everyone thought it might. Better for me to make a deal. I still think the Murano is an excellent value, though at trade in time I might get wacked.

In any event, thanks for the info. I'm still looking for the 04 SE AWD in Atlanta, otherwise I'll go to Pittsburgh where the availability might be better.
  • Options
    strummer2kstrummer2k Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard of any incentives or rebates for either the '03 or '04 MO's? I haven't seen any, but I am trying to purchase an SL AWD soon. I am just afraid the dealers will start something as soon as I purchase! Thanks for any info, just trying to get the best deal I can.
  • Options
    superdavidsuperdavid Member Posts: 24
    Colt1, did you get you money back?? I was forced by the dealer the purchase the extended warranty for $1300 also. What phone number did you call? I would like to cancel the extended warranty and get my money back.