Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• A dealer in Somerset, NJ has offered me a 09 Murano SL with Premium and Technology, and dual moonroof, packages for $33,400. Invoice price appears to be around $31,900 or so. MSRP on the car was $35,000. We essentially "split the baby" in terms of MSRP and Invoice. Good deal? Thoughts? :confuse:
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    mensch1971 - I think the price you got is aggressive for a brand new 2009 Nissan Murano, but you should be able to do a little bit better. If you need more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • Body: 09 Murano LE AWD Color: Super Black Interior: Black Stock #: N100178

Delivered Internet Price: $37,128 Factory Invoice: $36,628
    MSRP: $39,920

This is the exact deal I got at Fitzgerald! No documentary or freight charges. $37,128 plus tax and tags and I'm on the road on Friday....I can't wait! Very easy to deal with...one price store.
  • Hello All...

After going back and forth with the sales person here's "the best he can do":

2007 SL AWD
    Sunroof PKG (sunroof, bose system, 6 cd changer, roof rack, etc.)
    :: $28,000 before TTL.
    (about $5500 below sticker)
    1.9 finance for 3 yrs.

Price includes an after market leather installation (I guess is worth about $1,200).

Is it still worth considering for an '07?
  • They definately gave you a great price but you'll probably about break even overall considering the vehicle is now "2" years old.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Posts: 262
    Invoice pricing is available in several different places including cars.com. My local dealer in Colorado told me no probs at all about doing VPP even if we just put a deposit down and have the car ordered in the color/options we want (09 LE).

I was also told that there is a lease deal on the LE right now of 59% residual don't know what money factor is but I've seen .0300 thrown around (7.5%) which will hopefully get better in a month or two as the fed crashes rates.

At 59% residual and .0300 money factor the lease payment on an LE with moonroof (which is pretty well loaded) would be about $520 a month plus tax.
  • Eights38, would love a little more insight on what I can do to get better pricing. I do have, through my company, the Car Perks service which is supposed to give me several hundred dollars off the lowest internet pricing offered by another dealer than the one I went to this weekend. With regard to the price I got offered, they were pretty adamant about not going under $33K, I might be able to get a few hundred more off but I think that would be it for this dealer.
    Dealers only sell at invoice or $500 over invoice, etc, if they can't get a better price for a car from another buyer. On a new popular vehicle this is usually not the case.

Sometimes a dealer might do such a deal on a new popular vehicle if they need to hit a certain number of vehicles and you make a purchase at the end of the month or quarter.

Some markets are also better/worse than others. You might have a very hard time getting an AWD Murano '09 SL close to invoice in a market like Colorado, but might be able to get such a deal in Texas or GA where AWD is not popular and people won't spend the money for it.

Find out if you can get VPP pricing through Nissan through your work. VPP works out to around $500-$800 over invoice and is usually one of the best deals you can get on a Nissan that's selling well in the market.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    The Fed rate has nothing to do with these lease factors. It is all for profit. NMAC can set the rate at whatever they please. They currently offer leases at less than 1% MF but not on hot items like new Murano.
  • I got confused about the MSRP price for the new 2009 Murano. When I built a murano on Nissan's website, it comes up with a MSRP price of $28,030. However, when I did the inventory search, I found the exact same car has a MSRP price for $29,530. The murano that I built is 2009 Murano S Front-Wheel Drive with convenience package, splash guards, floor mats, and cargo area protector. Anyone know what's going on there? :confuse:
  • stactumstactum Posts: 39
    I was confused about exact same thing.
    But as we know, Nissan dropped $1500 from 09 Murano price, I guess it just not updated within dealer's inventory.
  • I have been reading for weeks and have tried the Murano 3 times the past 2 weeks. Since I am following the advise of a dear friend who buys all the time I wanted to run this by others on the board. Since it is the end of the month I thought I might make an offer or just wait a few months. I am not in a rush.

Is this a fair offer? I was told to offer a price that would split the difference between Invoice and MSRP.

09 Murano LE AWD 33073 Invoice 35910 MSRP Difference 1418.50
    Moonroof 1015 Invoice 1170 MSRP Difference 77.50
    Navigation 1605 Invoice 1850 MSRP Difference 122.50
    Car Mats 120MSRP

I was thinking of offering 37,431.50 without destination fee, without my trade in and without title, transfer and taxes. Does this seem reasonable? Also is one taxed on destination fees??

Thank you for your help.
    That looks reasonable to me. Realize that in some markets (like mine) there's already a waiting list on the upper level LE model since dealers seem to be getting fewer of them in. In those cases they might want full sticker. At the end of the day you will have to decide if it's worth saving $1500 to hold off on getting the car for a few months when hopefully demand starts to cool down.

I would expect that people will be getting them for invoice +500 within 6 months but it will depend on the market.

The largest dealer in my area is only getting 6 LE models in between now and March. If I want the car for May pickup I will have to put an order in sometime in the Feb/March timeframe. Luckily for me the dealer is going to honor my VPP pricing on it.
  • samf10samf10 Posts: 21
    Sounds like its either an 07 that got priced or perhaps the $1500 markup was for AWD, pretty sure AWD puts on $1500 for same model.
  • No, I am pretty sure the model that I checked was 09 Murano S FWD. I guess the dealer just have not updated their inventory price yet. Anyone checked with a dealer on this issue yet?
  • Thank you for the feedback. Went to my "non salesman" type salesman today with my offer. The good news.....(when he called later because I told him to run it by his manager I did not want to get bullied around) was they would meet my 50% off invoice and package 50%. However the problem rises with my trade-in car. I want a white LE with navigation and they will have to order one. We are in the process of negociating a price for my trade in. They don't want to committ to a price for 3 months out which I understand but I won't sign or buy without one as long as my car does not fall apart in the meantime. After 3 calls (when I said sorry I need an offer) they would like to have an appraiser look at the car tommorrow. I also told him I am in no rush and they can call me if they find a white one. So I will bring my car in tommorrow. I know what all the sites have quoted for it and we will see. If it is a go it will be a relatively easy deal. If not I will start to see if anyone has a white one between here and MD. We are in PA.

I can wait if I need to. No rush here.

WIll keep you posted.
  • Hi all. I went to 5 Nissan dealers in South Jersey area for a new 2009 Murano.
    This is the config:
    SL-AWD:
    Base MSRP: $ 29480
    Splash Guards $ 125
    Premium Package $1,000
    Floor Mats, Carpeted (vehicles with foldable cargo organizer) $120
    Roof-rail Crossbars $190
    Destination Charge $745
    Total MSRP: $31660
    Dealer Invoice: $29148
    Holdback $813

I managed one of the local dealers to get them to Invoice, so I'll get this car for $29148 (0 over invoice).
    Is this a good deal?
    They did sneak in a $999 decor package (pre-del, and other crap) which I refused to do anything with and then they came down to $399 for this pkg but I still refused to take it).
    I haven't been able to find any Nissan rebates or any incentives to the dealer, so I'm guess that buying at invoice is the best one can do.

Comments?

-P9P9
  • Yup, I ran into the same thing. However, good part is that the price you get after configuring the Murano - that is what you'll see on the sticker on the car (at least that was the case in 3 cars I saw in 2 different dealerships). So, ignore the price shown on the dealer inventory page on Nissan. Also, beware that the dealer may try to show you the price online and show that they're offering $1500 less as compared to the "internet pricing"
  • I offered to split the difference between Invoice and MSRP for an 09 Murano LE with the following package. At first they said they could not committ to a price for my trade in (since they don't have the color I want) but when I said thank you no deal they called 3 times and then told me to bring my car back today to be appraised. I drive an 1998 Avalon with alot of miles 118000. Car in great shape Blue book 4700 Edmunds about 3900 for Trade in.

They agreed to a lock in of 4000 for my car which I was pleased with.

Now they are looking for the Murano which another dealer might have enroute.

While I was happy with everything being 50% split between Invoice and MSRP I always wonder could I have done better. My husband said that he is satisfied with the deal and I felt the salepeople and others were great to work with. I warned the saleperson while test driving that I was about to make an offer but don't have anyone get too agressive with me and to just give me a call if they will meet what I want. I also told him I bought my last car over the phone because I could not stomach the locals at our Toyota dealer. I feel this is a good deal, happy with what I am getting for the trade and glad to support the local dealer.

09 Murano LE AWD 33073 Invoice 35910 MSRP Difference 1418.50
    Moonroof 1015 Invoice 1170 MSRP Difference 77.50
    Navigation 1605 Invoice 1850 MSRP Difference 122.50
    Car Mats 90 Invoice 120 MSRP Difference 30.

Quoted 37,431.50 without destination fee, 4000 trade in and without title, transfer and taxes.

What do you think??????
  • I am going to pick it up this weekend as soon as it is delivered to the dealer.

2009 Murano SL FWD $27,880
    Cargo Area Protector $95
    Floor Mats $120
    Leather $1600
    Premium Package $1000
    Roof rail crossbars $190
    Splash Guards $125
    Tow package $690

Freight Charge $745
    Total MSRP: $32,445

I had one dealer offer me $1000 under MSRP and another offer $1200 under MSRP. I didn't do any haggling with either of them. I just emailed their internet sales person from Nissan's website and asked for their best price. I could probably have done a bit better after some negotiation, but before I got to that point I found a dealer who would do Nissan VPP pricing which gives me ~$2500 off MSRP for a final price just under $30k + TTL.

This is in the DFW area and I am using Bankston Nissan in Lewisville for the VPP pricing.