Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Which dealership in Nashville did you use? Looking at '09's and hoping to purchase soon. Thanks
  • Rivergate Nissan. I guess that we can't mention individuals names and contact info here on this site, so email at rw_martin at bellsouth.net and I'll send you the guys name and email address.

Roger
  • Just purchased a 2009 Murano SL AWD with Premium, Leather, and moonroof packages for $31,611 - $200 over invoice, while getting above market value for my trade in.
  • Is that the OTD price?
  • SL AWD with Premium, Leather, and moonroof goes for $31,174 invoice. 2% holdback of the $33,995 MSRP ($679) brings it down to: $31,174 - $679 = $30,495.
    So at $31,611 you paid about $1,116 above the holdback.
  • I've been trying to deal on a Murano in the Greater Seattle area for a while now. Just wondering if anyone has gotten below invoice in the area, seems like no one is willing to go below. Let me know.
  • Hello, all! I live in Colorado and wondered if anyone out there can give me some incite on pricing for the new Muranos. Here's what I want:

'09 Murano SL with Leather, Premium pkg, Tech pkg, dual moonroof, cargo protector

Working thru AAA auto source, my contact gave me an initial price of $35000 not including sales tax. I told him that invoice on this car (according to Edmund's among others) is about $33000, so what else could he do. He then spoke to his contact and came back with $33,900. My question is...is this a good deal? Is it unreasonable of me to expect to pay below invoice on this car? Or how much above invoice should I pay?

Any and all advice will be welcome!
  • dannyodannyo Posts: 9
    I'm shopping for the same vehicle, but I calculate the invoice to be about $31,500.
  • Dannyo Where did you come up with your numbers? Was it for an SL with all the options I listed? I would love to know so we can both get a great deal!!
  • kaisokaiso Posts: 4
    I don,t live colorado,I live in NorthCarolina.All i can tell you is to be carefull when dealing with AAA. I paid $25.00 for a quote from AAA on a 2009 nissan Murano LE.With the following options.Nav system,Dual sunroof,Splash guard,and three piece carpet. The quote that i received back from AAA was $38,937.I sent out internet request quote to five different dealerships,and all quotes were lower than AAA. I Finnally purchase the same car with the same options locally in Greenville for $837.00 less that what AAA was going to sell me the car for.I advise you to do your homework,and research before dealing with that company.Oh bye the way, I complained to AAA ,and they refunded my $25.00 for the quote.
  • Thanks for the info, Dannyo. Yeah, from other posts, I do believe that NC as well as Texas and some other states are cheaper than Colorado. I actually did ALOT of homework...edmunds, cars.com, kbb.com, etc. and all were within $100-200 of each other. I will definitely contact dealers online and see what I can get. I appreciate all the incite!
  • bmr123bmr123 Posts: 60
    Why would you pay for a quote? That's the dumbest thing I heard all day. Just because it's AAA doesn't mean your going to get a good deal. These guys make money on the sale of the car, why would you pay for a something they are already making money on? You can request quotes through edmunds.com or go to the dealerships websites?? AAA is basically doing the same thing as going to edmunds.com and putting in a price quote request. I got my LE for 250 under invoice and my parents got a SL for 300 under invoice. You can get invoice pricing on this car. Just take the offer they give you and walk towards the door and they will come back with a better deal. It works all the time. Good luck and don't pay for quotes that's like paying for a test drive.
  • dannyodannyo Posts: 9
    Invoice for SL with options you listed is about 31,500. See Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book.
  • sabaurcsabaurc Posts: 3
    What does VPP pricing stand for and how do you obtain it?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Vehicle Purchase Program

insidenissan.com

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sabaurcsabaurc Posts: 3
    Has anyone out there bought an 09 Murano in the Memphis/West Tennessee area? I am looking to buy in the next few months and want to see what dealers might be the best to work with.
  • Not in Memphis but see my post from a page or two ago if you are interested in seeing the details of my 09 that I bought in Nashville. It was about $900 below invoice for a loaded SL. Search under user name martinrrrr.
  • Hi,

I'm planning to buy Nissan Murano 2009 LE Super Black / Platinum Graphite with Black Leather, Hard Drive Navigation System & Dual Moon roof, Splash Guards & Floor mats.

Could you guys please help me about right price?

Edmunds prices are as below:

MSRP Invoice TMV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees $35,910 $33,073 $35,910

Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - - $0

Optional Equipment $3,265 $2,810 $3,265

U01 Navigation System $1,850 $1,605 $1,850
    J01 Dual Panel Moonroof $1,170 $1,015 $1,170
    B10 Splash Guards $125 $100 $125
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats $120 $90 $120
    (3 Piece Set)

Color Adjustment - - $0
    Platinum Graphite Metallic

Destination Charge $745 $745 $745
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total with Options $39,920 $36,628 $39,920

I inquired at few places they offer around $36700 plus taxes, fees which would end aroudn $40,000

Is this rite price?

I read article and it says it should be all included with Edmund's invoice price i.e. $36,628 including taxes, tags, fees.

If any one has bought it recently or idea about this car, please reply asap?

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
  • musky300musky300 Posts: 7
    Just settled on this deal for my new Murano.

2009 Murano LE
    Platinum Graphite w/ Black Leather

Navigation
    Dual Moonroof
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

MSRP: $39,920.00
    Invoice: $36,628.00

PRICE PAID: $35,900.00

$728 UNDER Invoice

Tax (7% - Indiana) - $2,513.00
    Title & Fees - $120.75

Total Out-the-Door Price: $38,533.75

I worked 100% through email contacting Internet Sales Managers. I communicated with over 10 Nissan Dealerships in a 3-state area. Most initial prices came in between Invoice and about $500 over. Found one who was willing to work with me and that I formed a good relationship with and we got the price down to what you see above. I did not buy this at the end of the month...actually was the first week of the Month.

This was in the Midwest...I know the area of the country can make a big impact on what dealerships are willing to do. My advice is to be willing to expand your geographic diameter from your home and get quotes from at least 10 dealers to get your "baseline" of what the normal price is for that area.
  • I was wondering, for those who bought an 09 Murano, did you get a gray Nissan Owner's Manual case? Or were the several manuals laying in the glove box with no case?