Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Road Trip Pictures - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in MINI
imageRoad Trip Pictures - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

I drove our 2014 Mini Cooper 600 miles for a loaf of bread and beef jerky. Here are photos and a recap of the trip.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Wow.. What a cool trip! You guys seriously have my dream job- driving cars and writing about it. Throw in some awesome destinations and I'm all set.
  • Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    edited March 2015
    Aside: What's with that spelling of Bakery? Is it supposed to be German? It's not. Don't quite get it. (German: Bäckerei)

Nevermind. It's Dutch. Duh->ME!
  • Options
    prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    That's a good well-rounded tour, and any stops which involve obtaining meat or breads really speak to me.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    Lots of pictures of the destination; not so many of the road. I've driven US 395 - once - returning from Reno / Lake Tahoe. The stretch from Bishop to anything resembling civilization seems to take for-ev-er. After 4-5 hours in the car to even get to Bishop from Tahoe in the first place, it's a killer.

Be interesting to get his thoughts on the car and the drive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    It's always interesting to see how the painting on "Miss Alabama" (your first picture) changes over the years.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Curious to see the mpgs...
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    @Michaell - The interstates - 40, 15 & 10 - make 395 look like the Appian Way. Maybe I'm sentimental (because I made some very special trips up 395 during my formative years), but it does seem like 395 has a lot to see & do compared to other highways in this region. But yeah, it's pretty dull around California City...