Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

Comments

• Hi there, i have a 2004, we had it since last october. Though all around a great car, our mileage sucks. So, its been into the shop about 6 times now for nothing they can't seem to find. Anyways, we are getting about 21 MPG city and about 28 MPG highway. The recall has been done on our computer, something about recallibrating the shifting of the gears. They wiped the computer and installed a newer version for the gear shifting. Well that did improve the MPG but so little, in the some 10000 k's we have on it, i think its about 0.3 MPG difference. SO, i am in the arguement phase with the dealer and maintenance people. They think this is no big deal, and i am quite annoyed, as my dad gets better gas mileage in his GM Savana!!! At this point i am looking to dump the thing, for the cost of gas i could have a bigger car payment and a bigger car!

SO, i am looking for any tips, ideas and what not that i can go to the dealer with to get them to do something about it.

THanks in advance!
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    for export worldwide...is the one coming to the U.S. going to look like that one Chevy is posting on the net? The copper colored one, four doors, built by cheap Chinese labor? If so, it looks more appealing than the initial set of Aveo's that came here.

http://economy.autoblog.com/forward/entry/1234000240040579/

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    Iluv-- Since the Chinese car looks a lot more Chevy than the present sedan I would say yes, but I'm guessing the 07 model year as they'll try to get another round out of the original. I hope the hatch (easily the better of the two IMO) continues. Sorry to see the Accent hatch bite the big one.

Speaking of the Aveo hatch, they're attacking your first gen. Sportage over in the Aveo hatch boards. I hope you stand up.

Has Pierre been hot enough for you. Read that it was 108 the other day in Rapid City. Hope your Sportage didn't backfire and start some of those forest fires. :shades:
    my Sportage 4x4 didn't backfire and start any of the Rapid City fires! The Sportsman is running like a top, thank you very much! I continue to be impressed by it's reliability and good looks, and good paint job, too.

Pierre was 106 over the weekend, the hottest temperature I've ever had the displeasure of living through! :D

But unlike Missouri it won't hang around. The only thing that gets temps up that high in SD is compression winds. 106 with about a 30 mile an hour wind blowing at you is a strange sensation.
  • stergiosstergios Posts: 2
    Hello everyone!
    I have a 2004 Aveo and never subjected it to much stress. All of a sudden, today, I noticed that the yellow "check engine" light staid on. I wonder what do I have to do? The driver's handbook says it's a warning sign that something might go wrong in the near future... but it nevertheless too opaque about what this might be. Any ideas? The car has been serviced 500 miles ago. Should I just shrug it off?
    sometimes this is caused by not tightening the gas cap the requisite three clicks. Even if you re-tighten the cap it will take several cool down cycles to reset itself.
  • stergiosstergios Posts: 2
    Thank you SO much, that seemed to be the problem!
    I had no idea about that!
    You were 100% correct!
    Thanks again!
  • blendengblendeng Posts: 12
    I bought the 2005 Aveo with 777 miles with automatic for 9600 and thought that I had a good deal. But after driving it for 1k miles, I notice that I am getting around 24miles overall highway/city driving. Thought I would be getting more miles per gallon on this. But, I have a question: Does anyone know what is the tire pressure for the Aveo? I couldnt find it in the book.

Thanks.
  • Chevrolet has shifted to the 2006 Aveo on their site. You can even build one yourself. www.chevrolet.com/aveo
  • I finally saw a 2006...same old car with some changes on the LT model. The have added a satin finish around the speedometer and the tachometer and on the air vents ....and they have a 15-inch wheels option. The wheels are a nice option..I might get some for my 04.
    just looks like the '05. That picture of the 2006 Chevy Aveo 4-door sedan that is being built in China evidently won't be making the boat trip over here to the States. Oh well-the old model is still a solid buy, IMO, with good, unique looks to it. It's heartening that it's built by Daewoo (under GM's control)and not by Chevy.

• byarsbyars Posts: 3
    MOST OF MY DRIVING IS IN TOWN AND LATELY IT HAS BEEN ALL WITH A/C RUNNING (20MPG). NOT HAPPY! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS AND WHAT IMRROVEMENT WILL BE WITHOUT A/C? THANKS
  • I am buying a base Aveo sedan. Price is $8700 after rebates/incentives. On top of that I am applying $2500 in GM card savings. Where can you buy a new car today for $6200?

My test drive impressions are surprisingly more interior room than expected, comfortable driving position, easy clutch/shifting (not rubbery like others have posted but super long throws), superb fit/finish even better than some Japanese cars, good acceleration, quality interior materials, and a lot of storage.
  • Mine was marked down back in march to $9300 plus the $3000 that I put down it was a good deal.

I agree with you the throws are kind of long but not rubbery.......

To the previous post getting only 20mpg. How do you get it that low?????,even with the a/c on in this Texas heat, I will still get 27-29 around town....
  • I thought the limit on the Aveo was 1000. I only had 900 on my card to use so the limit didn't come into effect, but I'm curious to see how you got around that. :confuse:
  • The original GM Gold card (mine dates back to 1994) is good for up to $3500 total ($500 max per year up to 7 years) off the Aveo (and all other eligible GM cars...not Saturn) with no limitations. I don't even know if they offer this card anymore. The Platinum GM card currently offered does have a limit of $1000 on the Aveo.
  • Anyone think this is a good deal? Extended warranty to 5 years 60K miles Bumper to Bumper. This is above and beyond the 3/36 and 5/60 power train. The dealer offered it at cost at $475 (or supposedly $25 over cost). I don't know if the extended warranty is transferable....that's a key point.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    We've had our Aveo for 10 months and 13,000 miles - no problems yet. Although I admit that the window roller handles do sometimes fall off. For $475, I think I would probably buy the extra 2 years.

Wish I had an extra 2 years on my Civic Si...
  • I bought my aveo at the end of june and got the salesman to come down to $300 for the extended warranty the price is always negotiable like I told the salesman it was like pulling teeth trying to get repairs with my toyota warranty so I could take it or leave it.
This discussion has been closed.