Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    drlev1999 said:

Michaell said:

drlev1999 said:

Hello, I was at local dealership today in PA, zip code 15601. I am looking to lease a 2016 GT awd that stickers for $32,155. I offered them true dealer invoice and am eligible for the current $250 Graduate Incentive Program, but I'd like to verify some of their info. They stated the MF = .00055 with residual of 60% for a 36mo/12K. Can you verify it that's the same info you have, please? I plan to go to a different dealership closer to home on Monday and would like to be sure I've got the facts. I sure wish there were more dealer incentives. The low markup over invoice doesn't allow for much haggling! Thanks!

I show 60% and .00013 for the 2016 GT AWD, so the MF is being marked up on you.
    Is this info unmistakable? I don't want to go in tomorrow morning and suggest he's lying about the MF. How would I confirm the MF for sure? I don't doubt you're right, but aside from going to another dealership to see what MF they tell, me, is there any way for me to confirm he's marking me up, other than asking you..with hard evidence? Thanks!
    You politely but firmly explain to the dealer that you won't sign a deal with a marked up MF; they know what the base rate is.

And, there are lots of Mazda dealers out there; I'm sure one will give you the terms you are looking for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• drlev1999drlev1999 Member Posts: 52
    Michaell said:

drlev1999 said:

Michaell said:

drlev1999 said:

Hello, I was at local dealership today in PA, zip code 15601. I am looking to lease a 2016 GT awd that stickers for $32,155. I offered them true dealer invoice and am eligible for the current $250 Graduate Incentive Program, but I'd like to verify some of their info. They stated the MF = .00055 with residual of 60% for a 36mo/12K. Can you verify it that's the same info you have, please? I plan to go to a different dealership closer to home on Monday and would like to be sure I've got the facts. I sure wish there were more dealer incentives. The low markup over invoice doesn't allow for much haggling! Thanks!

Is this info unmistakable? I don't want to go in tomorrow morning and suggest he's lying about the MF. How would I confirm the MF for sure? I don't doubt you're right, but aside from going to another dealership to see what MF they tell, me, is there any way for me to confirm he's marking me up, other than asking you..with hard evidence? Thanks!
    You politely but firmly explain to the dealer that you won't sign a deal with a marked up MF; they know what the base rate is.

And, there are lots of Mazda dealers out there; I'm sure one will give you the terms you are looking for.
    Thanks for the info. You were right, of course. I verified the MF with another dealer prior to going back to the one who had the CX-5 in the color we wanted. I told the salesman, "Your man the other day was wrong. This is the correct MF...0.0013." And he confirmed with a different finance guy that you were indeed correct. So, thanks for the heads-up...much appreciated. I leased it at invoice and got the deal I wanted with no haggling. Nice! My girlfriend is so happy now! This site is a great resource.
    drlev1999 said:

Michaell said:

drlev1999 said:

Michaell said:

drlev1999 said:

Thanks for the info. You were right, of course. I verified the MF with another dealer prior to going back to the one who had the CX-5 in the color we wanted. I told the salesman, "Your man the other day was wrong. This is the correct MF...0.0013." And he confirmed with a different finance guy that you were indeed correct. So, thanks for the heads-up...much appreciated. I leased it at invoice and got the deal I wanted with no haggling. Nice! My girlfriend is so happy now! This site is a great resource.
    Congrats - enjoy the new CX-5!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sk8tr220sk8tr220 Member Posts: 31
    please provide mf/residual for gt with techpackage 36/12 and 36/10 for NC

ALSO, how do you find out the base money factor.... ho do you guys know for a fact it is 0.00013? where can I find this information?
  • drlev1999drlev1999 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2015
    sk8tr220 said:

ALSO, how do you find out the base money factor.... how do you guys know for a fact it is 0.00013? where can I find this information?

I had the same question above...it is indeed .00013. Both local dealers here verified it as such (the one just took a bit more persuasion). There's no real way to find it online that I know if, which is frustrating, aside from coming on forums like this. Some manufacturers release the info better than others (ie.bmw), but it's usually difficult info to just google. But you just have to call enough dealerships and know by others' experiences here the fact that it is 0.00013 (for now), no matter what they tell you. If they say it's higher and won't budge, find a different dealership. I just leased one yesterday...so trust me!
    drlev1999 said:

sk8tr220 said:

ALSO, how do you find out the base money factor.... how do you guys know for a fact it is 0.00013? where can I find this information?

I had the same question above...it is indeed .00013. Both local dealers here verified it as such (the one just took a bit more persuasion). There's no real way to find it online that I know if, which is frustrating, aside from coming on forums like this. Some manufacturers release the info better than others (ie.bmw), but it's usually difficult info to just google. But you just have to call enough dealerships and know by others' experiences here the fact that it is 0.00013 (for now), no matter what they tell you. If they say it's higher and won't budge, find a different dealership. I just leased one yesterday...so trust me!
    The information about MF and residuals is not public.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Please help me out with the Money Factor and residual for 2016 Grand Touring FWD, 36/12 and 36/10 for NC
    sk8tr220 said:

Please help me out with the Money Factor and residual for 2016 Grand Touring FWD, 36/12 and 36/10 for NC

59% / 60% and .00013

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2015
    Thanks for all of the help guys! I pucked mine out today as follows:

GT w/tech
    msrp 31195
    sale price 30000
    adjusted cap 30566 (includes 566 neg equity
    mf .00013
    1000 due at sign covers first+tax dealer fee and title/reg

monthly 365
    sk8tr220 said:

Thanks for all of the help guys! I pucked mine out today as follows:

GT w/tech
    msrp 31195
    sale price 30000
    mf .00013
    1000 due at sign covers first+tax dealer fee and title/reg

monthly 393 which includes 6% tax

Congrats! Enjoy your new CX-5.

(I'm more interested in the upcoming CX-3)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The spy photos of the new cx-9 look awesome!
  • laurbaillaurbail Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease the Mazda cx5  grand touring in Los angeles and I have top tier credit. This is my first time leasing and I've learned a lot from this forum. What is the MF and residual in CA? I also have to trade in my 2008 cx9 wih a negative equity so I will have to research that also. Thank you!
    laurbail said:

I'm looking to lease the Mazda cx5  grand touring in Los angeles and I have top tier credit. This is my first time leasing and I've learned a lot from this forum. What is the MF and residual in CA? I also have to trade in my 2008 cx9 wih a negative equity so I will have to research that also. Thank you!

What lease term and how many miles per year? FWD or AWD?

What can you tell us about the CX-9? What do you owe on it? You might want to head over to "Real World Trade in Values" to see what the experts there have to say about the trade value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• arandazzoarandazzo Member Posts: 6
    I wanted to thank everyone on this forum.. CX-5 GT w/ Tech + $650/options. MSRP $32585, Invoice $31,434, selling price $31,139 (250 off invoice). Sign and drive - $382/mo includes 8.75% tax.
    arandazzo said:

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum.. CX-5 GT w/ Tech + $650/options. MSRP $32585, Invoice $31,434, selling price $31,139 (250 off invoice). Sign and drive - $382/mo includes 8.75% tax.

Congrats! Thanks for checking in, and enjoy your new CX-5!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cobia210cobia210 Member Posts: 12
    Could I please get the September MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 36mo's /12 miles in NY? Thanks
    cobia210 said:

Could I please get the September MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 36mo's /12 miles in NY? Thanks

60% and .00013 for both trims.

Numbers expire on 9/8.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• seattlecarseattlecar Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have lease figures for Washington State 2016 Grand Touring 36 mos/10k? Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,716

Does anyone have lease figures for Washington State 2016 Grand Touring 36 mos/10k? Thanks in advance!

.00013 MF and 61% residual.

Subtract 1% for FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Could I please get the after September 08 MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 36mo's /12 miles in NY? Thanks
    cobia210 said:

Could I please get the after September 08 MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 36mo's /12 miles in NY? Thanks

60% and .00013 for both. Numbers expire today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• CycloneRcrCycloneRcr Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    Hello,

Can you please post MF and residual for the 2016 GT AWD, 24mo/10k mls? Location: northern NJ area.

Also, I see that numbers expire today. What would be your suggestion for tomorrow and after? Should we expect worse terms?

Thanks for all your contributions, it's greatly appreciated.

CR

Hello,

Can you please post MF and residual for the 2016 GT AWD, 24mo/10k mls? Location: northern NJ area.

Also, I see that numbers expire today. What would be your suggestion for tomorrow and after? Should we expect worse terms?

Thanks for all your contributions, it's greatly appreciated.

CR

.00033 and 67%.

Our crystal ball is in the shop; no idea what will happen to the numbers after today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• turboquattroturboquattro Member Posts: 5
    Are the new numbers out and how long will they last? MF and Residual,looking for GT AWD in Phoenix 12k/36month
  • CycloneRcrCycloneRcr Member Posts: 3
    I would appreciate if you can also post the new numbers for New Jersey. MF and residual for a 24mo/10k mls lease, 2016 GT AWD.

Thanks.
  • ROMILROMIL Member Posts: 111
    Please post MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT FWD in NV for 36/15K lease.
    2018 Honda Accord Touring
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Are the new numbers out and how long will they last? MF and Residual,looking for GT AWD in Phoenix 12k/36month

.00013 MF and 58% residual. $300 lease cash.

Through October, unless they update them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

cobia210 said:

GT: .00013 MF and 58% residual. $300 lease cash.
    59% residual for Touring

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ROMIL said:

Please post MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT FWD in NV for 36/15K lease.

.00013 MF and 55% residual. $300 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• julden0julden0 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for an opinion on a lease quote that I received today for a 2016 CX-5 Sport AWD with rear camera package. I am in Philadelphia, PA, 8% sales tax.

The MSRP is $26,005. The "sales" price was listed as $24,293. I am not sure if this is the cap cost or something else.

.00001 MF and 62% residual ($16,123). 33 months, 10k miles.

The dealer said the offer also required a $650 down payment for the first month's payment.

$294 monthly payment.

My own calculations seem to suggest that the monthly payment is too high based on the quoted numbers, but I could be missing something.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    julden0 said:

I am looking for an opinion on a lease quote that I received today for a 2016 CX-5 Sport AWD with rear camera package. I am in Philadelphia, PA, 8% sales tax.

The MSRP is $26,005. The "sales" price was listed as $24,293. I am not sure if this is the cap cost or something else.

The dealer said the offer also required a $650 down payment for the first month's payment.

$294 monthly payment.

My own calculations seem to suggest that the monthly payment is too high based on the quoted numbers, but I could be missing something.

I get $268/mo with those numbers. Find out what the cap cost is; if higher than the sales price, find out what's been added to it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• julden0julden0 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

julden0 said:

$294 monthly payment.

I get $268/mo with those numbers. Find out what the cap cost is; if higher than the sales price, find out what's been added to it.
    Thanks very much for the response. Assuming that I can negotiate away the excess amount that is increasing the monthly payment, do you have an opinion about whether the offer is any good for that vehicle? Thanks again.
    julden0 said:

Michaell said:

julden0 said:

$294 monthly payment.

Thanks very much for the response. Assuming that I can negotiate away the excess amount that is increasing the monthly payment, do you have an opinion about whether the offer is any good for that vehicle? Thanks again.
    I don't track selling prices - use the 'make / model / year' pull downs at the top of the screen to link to the Edmunds pricing tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    Hi, Im looking for numbers on 2016 Touring and GT in NJ. 12/36.

thanks so much!

thanks so much!

I'll assume AWD, since you are in NJ.

.00013 and 59% (Touring) or 58% (GT)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    Michaell said:

thanks so much!

I'll assume AWD, since you are in NJ.

.00013 and 59% (Touring) or 58% (GT)
    Yes, AWD. B) thanks!
  • slytheslayerslytheslayer Member Posts: 7
    May I please have the MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT/Touring in Rhode Island.
    ersylv said:

May I please have the MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT/Touring in Rhode Island.

I'll assume AWD, since you are in RI

.00013 and 59% (Touring) or 58% (GT) - 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• manageout1manageout1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Michaell...looking for lease factors and what your monthly calc would be for a lease. Details: 2016 grand touring cx-5 AWD with tech package. State of NJ and $31,500. For 10k and 12k miles. Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi Michaell...looking for lease factors and what your monthly calc would be for a lease. Details: 2016 grand touring cx-5 AWD with tech package. State of NJ and $31,500. For 10k and 12k miles. Thank you for your help in advance.

.00013 and 58% (36/12) or 59% (36/10)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Could I please get the MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 24 mo's /12 miles, 24 mo 15K miles in NY? Thanks
    cobia210 said:

Could I please get the MF and residual for the 2016 Touring/GT AWD , 24 mo's /12 miles, 24 mo 15K miles in NY? Thanks

24/15 - .00033 and 63% (Touring) or 62% (GT). Add 2% for 12K. $300 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• heather0110heather0110 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, Could I please have the MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT/Touring AWD, 36 mo/15k miles in Wisconsin?

First time leaser here and very new to the process, so forgive me for what may be a very naive question - is it good practice to request a quote on the official Mazda site? Or is it better to use the dealership request a quote?

Hello, Could I please have the MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT/Touring AWD, 36 mo/15k miles in Wisconsin?

First time leaser here and very new to the process, so forgive me for what may be a very naive question - is it good practice to request a quote on the official Mazda site? Or is it better to use the dealership request a quote?

.00013 and 57% (Touring) or 56% (GT).

It is best to do your research on pricing first (use the "make / model / year" pulldowns to help you get started) so you know what a 'good' price is, then work with the dealers directly (or through their website).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• heather0110heather0110 Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:
    Hello, Could I please have the MF/Residual for a 2016 CX-5 GT/Touring AWD, 36 mo/15k miles in Wisconsin? First time leaser here and very new to the process, so forgive me for what may be a very naive question - is it good practice to request a quote on the official Mazda site? Or is it better to use the dealership request a quote?
    .00013 and 57% (Touring) or 56% (GT). It is best to do your research on pricing first (use the "make / model / year" pulldowns to help you get started) so you know what a 'good' price is, then work with the dealers directly (or through their website).
    Thanks for the numbers and advice!
  • konak715konak715 Member Posts: 4
    Would like to lease a 2016 CX-5, FWD, Touring for 36 mo/ either 12 or 15k in California. Would like to know West Coast MF/Residual. Also, cannot find any info mentioned above about $300 lease cash.
    konak715 said:

Would like to lease a 2016 CX-5, FWD, Touring for 36 mo/ either 12 or 15k in California. Would like to know West Coast MF/Residual. Also, cannot find any info mentioned above about $300 lease cash.

.00013 MF and 58%/56% residual. $300 lease cash.

Not sure what you mean about finding info about the lease cash. It's a secret, just like the other numbers you asked for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• konak715konak715 Member Posts: 4
    I now have 3 dealers saying it's customary in my area to base the residual on the MSRP price, not any negotiated purchase price.
    konak715 said:

I now have 3 dealers saying it's customary in my area to base the residual on the MSRP price, not any negotiated purchase price.

That's true.. Identical vehicles will be worth the same amount at lease end. Residual is always a percentage of MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator