Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series 2006

Comments

• qtowne46qtowne46 Posts: 8
    Bavarian certainly needs a 4 door M3. I mean why not right? With the current horsepower wars going on, BMW can't just sit pat and not release some sort of package for the 330 within a few years. I mean I have a 2001 330 ci manual and the car is plenty quick and agile. However it is somewhat unimpressive from a complete stop. It makes up for it ounce you hit 3rd. It continues to pull. I would love to see the M3 four door, or 330 i with some sort of performance package for the E90. Does anyone know what the new M3 will look like? Hopefully a bit more sexy, cause that's what the E46 exudes.
  • planomlplanoml Posts: 244
    I live in Dallas, & have had the same experience. Looks like you are headed in the right direction by expanding your search further out. Best of luck to you.
  • I ordered my new bmw and it was discounted by $1300.00 off of MSRP. You can get them to discount it. Get two dealers involed and you might get a good deal.

Good Luck.
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    Here is a comparison test idea featuring the new BMW 3 series.

Entry Level Luxury Sedans

Acura TL
    Audi A4
    BMW 330i
    Lexus ES330
    Lincoln Zephyr
    Mercedes Benz C350
    Saab 9-3
    Volvo S40

Maybe edmunds could invite the Infinti G35 and the Cadillac CTS back, as they were featured in the 2002 or 2003 comparison test. Both cars haven't been significantly updated since then. Cadillac, however did introduce the CTS-V, but that doesn't belong in this class.
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    Other than the stiff winds.. :mad: it was a beautiful day. Im guessing about 20 or so were there, not including those that showed up as the parade was leaving. Got tons of great pics, Unfortunatly, don't know how to post them. However they are the same Monaco Blue,Silver uve all seen by now . As many have said I think its even better in person. I also agree the interior materials even look better than the 5 , which is good news. My only disappointment is the rear seat isnt a smidgin better than the E46.The announcer told us the 500 miles from N'awlins he got 30 mpg at 80mph in the 330i six speed.

The best part was the BMW girl's on the Longhorn ;) , oh yeah and thanks to the South fork Ranch for the free tour.

DL
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Acura TL
    Audi A4
    BMW 330i
    Lexus ES330
    Lincoln Zephyr
    Mercedes Benz C350
    Saab 9-3
    Volvo S40

Uh, the ES330, Lincoln and Saab really aren't competitors to the 3. Why not the IS350?
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    I agree that the 330 and zephyr don't fit, but i'd leave the 9-3 in there, especially if they've got the v6 in there at that point. The is350 ought to be in the group as well.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    "The best part was the BMW girl's on the Longhorn..."

Ummm, did you get any pictures of the cars? ;-)

While pictures in my Yahoo! photo area aren't URLable (which would allow pictures to be displayed directly here at Edmunds), it can be gotten to via a link. If you don't come up with any other options, I would be happy to create an album over there which credits the photos to you. If you decide to go this route, I'll set you up a login on my FTP server so you can send them to me, I will then post them on Yahoo!

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • bmwcccbmwccc Posts: 234
    Rocky20nm

Dude, are you going to tell us what model you got and what options? Also, what state are you in?
    But hey, there were more cows than cars ! ;) But I did manage to get some car photo's. I have a new digital, an am fiddling with the software it came with. It was very entertaining to see all the assistant's from NJ/Conn get on the step stool and pose on the Bull! Looked like they had a great time. Funny, I work only 5 miles from South fork but never had a reason to go visit. Myself and guest happen to be touring the mansion when the BMW photo was taken. Should be pretty cool with the Bull in front and the Mansion in the background.....

DL
  • cozmykcozmyk Posts: 3
    I have been reading on this forum for some time and let me say you all are a wealth of knowledge. Today I went into a dealer and while the residual(64%) on a three year lease was good the money factor was .0032. The salesman claims that this is the best rate they offer, but on my lease it equates to about 165.30 in monthly rent which would give me a total payment of 536.78 for a 2006 325i. I was wondering what kind of money factors anyone else has been quoted at for these cars.

I mean at this price I could be in an 05 5 series for cheaper.
  • cozmykcozmyk Posts: 3
    i also forgot to add that they are charging an $825 bank fee and a $45 doc fee on the lease.
  • planomlplanoml Posts: 244
    Look forward to the pics. Loved the car. It looks so much better in person. The back looks fine. My friend commented that with the sport package, it looks more like the 7, than the 5. If you're thinking about the SP, don't think-it is great. The wheels alone do it. Loved the silver, black, & alu combo-made it look very sporty. Glad I changed my order from the monaco blue to sparkling graphite, as I caught an MB in the parking area.

The car actually looks and feels about the same size as the E46. The interior is nice. Front space is great for anyone around 6'. The back didn't feel that different than the E46. Lots of cupholders everywhere-don't know how long they will last. The aux input is great. We tried out an ipod, & it fit perfectly. Would have loved to test the stereo out at least. They also had a 1973 2002 with 43k on it. It was beautiful.
  • ajaymeajayme Posts: 74
    REgarding the backseat rom, I too was at the Dallas event. I'm 6 foot and I have more room in the back seat than my E46 and as much or more than my E39, so they did an excellent job. It will be my next car.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    We'll be moving to the Sedans board in a day or so. If you're subscribed to this discussion or have it bookmarked, nothing will change for you. If not, now's a good time to do so.

You can always locate this topic using the handy search features at the left.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Did you arrive a little later ? They had the standard radio on in he 325i when I got there at 9. I thought it sounded great compaired to my former 323i. The M3 lightweigh (withcloth) was also very nice.
    I checked Owners circle today and my Silver/Black/Wanut is built and awaiting transport. Im hopeing that means about 4-6 weeks.

DL
  • bmwcccbmwccc Posts: 234
    PLANOML, AJAYME, DL7265 & others that have been to this event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So living in califonia, I have to wait until the last stop on there road trip to see this car. My question for all of you that have attended is as follows:

The 330i that is there, what packages are outfitted on it. Sounds like Sport is, Premium? Cold Weather?

If the silver metallic with black leather has the sport and the premium, how is the lumbar support on the sport seats? How cushy are the leather seats?

Thanks
  • selmselm Posts: 122
    I was quoted .00305. The standard rate is .00265. That too me is still very high, and high enough for me to wait.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    The base rate is .00265.. they are marking up the money factor the maximum .0004, plus adding .00015 for waiver of a security deposit.. Also, marking up the acquisition fee by $200...

IOW, they are marking up all the lease numbers the maximum allowed by BMWFS.... I'd find somewhere else.. I certainly wouldn't lease under this scenario...

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

yes Sport,Premium,CWP, I know that cause I folded down the rear seats. I did not run -up per sea the lumbar, But I can tell you the New Sport seats with bolsters fit me Very well. Even more comfortable than my former 323i Sport. Only thing I would caution on the Sport seats If you get a light interior the side bolsters will wear very rapidly. Im going Black ette, just for this issue...

I just made a Yahoo album ill try to get it completed this evening for viewing.

DL