Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VW Passat TDI

1293031323335»

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,793
    edited May 15

Wow, it has been a long time since anyone posted. We just got my wife a 2014, and this is a great car. It accelerates and handles extremely well, the DSG transmission is really neat, the handling is nimble (and like a much smaller car), the ride is great, and the rear seat room won over the kids immediately. This is a great car. For such a small engine, it really pulls well at every speed we've tried.

• bthesselbthessel Posts: 13

Hope everyone is having better luck than we have. We bought a TDI new a little over a year ago. It has been in the shop 3 times so far and we had to pay for a new battery besides those times. It is in the shop again for the last few days after the dash lit up like a christmas tree with every warning light on. (Did you know the battery is only warrantied for 25k miles?) If I wouldn't lose so much money I would get rid of this car. I had hoped when I bought it that VW had fixed their quality issues but it doesn't appear that way.

• ruking1ruking1 Posts: 14,858

I do not currently have a 14/15 Passat TDI, but it would be on my list, if I was in the market for a TDI.

I would give VW Customer Care a shout out and a shot !!

• jhinscjhinsc Posts: 399

Just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium - my previous 2013 Prius v5 was rear ended and totaled. Bummed about buying a new car because I did like the Prius v, but the Passat TDI was on my list before I bought the Prius in April 2013. Since a new car purchase was the farthest thing from my mind, even though the Passat was roughly the same price as the Prius v, I of course won't recoup the depreciation so it felt like money taken out of my pocket by the other driver's insurance company.

Every car I've owned had something that had to be corrected right after purchase or a part went bad during warranty. I had a battery go dead on a 4 mo old Honda Accord - replaced free of course. I had two Prius's before and had to have the steering wheel straightened on both - it's an odd shape doesn't look right if it's not straight. Love the MPG's I'm getting, nearly as good as the Prius v - reason why I bought - and it's a top safety pick which the Prius v was not.

• jocabo33jocabo33 Posts: 12

Considering a 2014 Passat TDi with sunroof and nav. MSRP is 31430. Dealer is showing a sale price of 26,865. I qualify for the zero percent, but was told by the dealer that $750 goes back into the price of vehicle if I take zero percent interest. Is this correct?

• jocabo33jocabo33 Posts: 12

tax rate is 8.25%. plus destination fee of $820. plus reg fees of about $300. monthly payments are $527. Does this sound good?