Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• tnguyen74tnguyen74 Posts: 65
    Anyone got any insights on the 2006 RX ? I've heard it's going to be the RX350. Any other changes?
  • dirty330dirty330 Posts: 1
    ">I have an 04 RX330 black. I found a set of wheels and tires that are just what I wanted. Sporty. Wider stance. Not to pimped out looking. 18'' Chrome Alba Edge Wheels Size: 18" x 8 " 35mm offset, 5 x114.3 bolt pattern & Nitto NT-404 Extreme Force Tires Size: 255/55 R18 109V

I love them! Try your local tire place for new ones or maybe search on ebay for used ones.
  • Does anyone make a cold air intake and exhaust system for this vehicle? I find this stuff for many cars but not the RX 330. Am I the only one here who finds it to be a boring to drive car?

Aloha,
    Larry
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    absolutely boring.

And your point is...??
  • I would like to make the RX a little more "fun" instead of just transportation. A few more HP may help.

Aloha,
    Larry
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,550
    Someone in Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes may have some helpful suggestions.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 2004 330 - Assuming you have NAV and you do not have mark levinson, lets say the premium sound pkg, what are your stereo upgrade options? Any one here done this? I'm thinking somewhere in the $1K-$2K range.
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    The '06 RX330 will be available later this year, like autumn, and no, not many changes. Its next significant refresh will happen next year, for midcycle facelift. I'd wait until next year if you want changes, but I love my '04 RX as it is. We're actually heftily considering an '07 RX400h.
  • susansjsusansj Posts: 3
    We just traded in our 2000 LEXUS RX300 for a new 2005 RX330 and expected nice bells and whistles, certainly no unpleasant surprises. If you're considering getting a new one and ride bikes, you'd better be prepared to shell out a additional $1,000 for a hitch-type bike rack because the rear bike rack we used on the Rx300 -- cannot be used. NO REAR STRAP BIKE RACK CAN BE USED. An unpleasant surprise which, in addition to the extra cost, required us to change our biking vacation plans, as it takes 2-3 weeks to order this and have it installed. I feel some reviewer somewhere (nevermind the salesperson who we told we were going biking) should have mentioned this. :mad:
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    Why can't you use a strap type rack? Doesn't it just hook on the top and bottom of the door?
    No, in the new model the rear spoiler is attached directly to the hood, there's no space underneath (like our old RX300) to put the strap hooks. And you can't put the strap over the spoiler.
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    I have a '99 and I just never had the spoiler put on. Can it be removed?
    No, it's part of the car, period. I didn't think to ask this time (I did when i bought the old one since it came with the spoiler), but the spoiler on my 2000 wasn't a problem. You'd think they'd improve the design. I posted this on the consumer reports website and got blasted when i said reviewers should have mentioned the fact that no bike rack that you can put on yourself -- and that costs less than $1000 -- fits it. It's an SUV for god's sake, not a Corvette! I complained enough -- calling customer satisfaction and the dealer -- that the dealer is charging me cost -- $600 -- but still...
  • erik_herik_h Posts: 77
    I put a tow hitch on my 99 rx in like 20 minutes and for $140. It was a simple, six screws to put the hidden-hitch in (etrailer.com). If your not using it to tow you don't need the wiring for lights. Another 80 for a bike rack for a 2" receiver and It would only be a little over $220 to carry 3 bikes. I looked on the site, you can get 3 different models for under $155.
    drill a small hole in the spoiler so a hook can be attached when you are hauling the bikes? Doubt if you would be noticeable otherwise.
  • wrahnwrahn Posts: 45
    I currently have a 2003 RX300 and I'm considering trading it in for the 2005 RX330. Based on what I read on the posts on this forum, I'm not sure if I'm trading up or down. So would you please help me by answering these questions:

Can the roof rack cross slats be removed to reduce the wind noise if it becomes a problem?

Since my deal comes with the 18" wheels, are they better than the 17" wheels as far as noise and stability?

Have the engine noise and transmission problems been solved?

Would it be better to wait for the 2006 or take the 9% discount off 2005 sticker price I've been offered?

Last but not least are there any questions I should have asked, but didn't?

Thanks for you answers,
    Wes
  • finch3finch3 Posts: 113
    Anyone know a good price for the A/C filter, the one in the glovebox (at least it was there in my RX300).

Thanks for your help.
    I already have my name on the list for an early 2006 (AWD, air) but I will cancel if the hesitation problem isn't clearly fixed by then, early November. Considering the RX400h as a viable alternative.

Currently driving a 2001 AWD RX300 and babying the transaxle.
  • It is behind the glovebox, and the best price I've found was at http://www.irontoad.com

It was $24 plus shipping, versus about $50 from my local dealer. They're Thompson Lexus in Doylestown, PA, and provide great service. They shipped only 2 items of a 4 item order, and actually called me after I'd received the shipment (before I'd opened the box) to see if I got my entire order. I hadn't, but they were quick to ship the other two items (two more cabin filters, as it turns out.

--Jay
  • audreymaudreym Posts: 103
    What was your experience putting your name on a list so early? Is it common to do that before the changes are even announced? Did they take a deposit, etc?

I would like to do the same.. I am hoping they add just a *touch* more power and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the RX gets the Audio input that the '06 IS got.

Currently driving an '03 Passat, and 9 warranty issues later I have had it.
    much like the endless preorder list for the RX400h.

Dealt with the same dealer since 91.....
    Thanks, Jay. I think I'll take a crack at making up my own from a good house filter. Do you recall at what interval they're supposed to be replace? 25,000 miles?

Jim
  • I don't recall what the maintenance schedule recomends, but I just replaced both the engine and cabin filter at 10,000 miles. The engine filter looked usable for another 5-10,000 miles, but the cabin filter was filthy.
    Based on information from the web and from the Lexus salesman, the 2006 will have no changes and the price will increase by about 1%. In 2007, the lexus will have an increase in horsepower and some other minor changes, but not an overhaul in the design.

The salesman down played the problems some on the people have posted on this forum. In his experience, there are no transmission or engine noise problems nor increased road noise. I'm sure he talks to the maintenance guys.

As I indicated in post # 3517, I can buy a 2005 at discount or wait for the 2006 which will be the same car as the 2005. The salesman was up front in saying I wouldn't get a discount on the 2006 until it's been out for some time. Decisions!Decisions! Decisions!

:confuse:
    Can you really believe that Toyota will continue building 3.3L V6 engines for some models of the product line but 3.5L V6 engines for others?

I can't.
    From all the rumors, I think the '07 will come out early, in March - which I *think* I will wait for.

In peoples experiences, will they add small features even if there is not an overhaul in the design? I know it's petty, but I really would like to see the Audio in cable added that the '06 IS got (all of our CDs went into storage when we both got iPods). What are the chances they will add it for either '06 or '07?
    Save $$ by making your own interior air filter, as follows:

1. Open glove box

2. Note thumb screws on each side of he glove box (inside the box"..

3. Turn each screw as far as it will go and pull each down. You might need some pliars.

4. The glove box will drop down and with a flash light, looking to the back behind where the glove box was, note the filter housing. It's white.

5. That filter houseing will pull straight out.

6. Take out the filter and note it's similarity to something you use in the house.

7. At WalMart, the Lysol Elite filter looks like the same material.

8. Match up your A/C filter to the material in the house filter and cut a filter out.

9. Just install in the housing and repeat the things you did.

Change every 10-15,000 miles. If you bought a large enough house filter, you'll have enough material to take care of several filter changes in the car.
    Does anyone have a good idea on when the '06 will actually be released? I have heard August, I have heard "autumn", and a few other variations.

If any dealers are reading... are there any chances the Audio input cable will find it's way over the the 330 before the change over to the 350? I am hoping this is minor enough that they will just throw it in early. ::fingers crossed::

Thanks!
    audreym

Have you checked with any of the auto-audio techs about a modification to your sound system? I'm not an expert, but I know the CD player has to have an audio input to the sound system. Therefore, there has to be a way a tech can modify your system to replace or add an audio cable for your ipod.

Wes