Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• I just spoke to a leasing company to get some info on the 2006 rx330. According to the leasing rep, as of about 8 months ago, US RX's are manufactered in Canada as opposed to Japan. At the new facility they do not build RX's with mark leviston audio or the Performance package. This expains why you can no longer build an rx on the lexus webite with these options. To get the upgraded audio you would need to special order from Japan and most dealers are reluctant to do so. :(
  • The answer to your question is "yes" - it can be used just like a typical automatic. Whether you move the shift lever over to the right and shift manually is up to you. The hard part I guess now would be to find one, given that their plant in Canada is apparently not building any with this option.
  • My Lexus Service Manager Reccomends 91 Octane For Best Performance And Millage.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    What does he care, you're not spending his money.
  • I am not sure about the Performance package but believe the Mark Levinson system may be ordered through Canada.

Last week I factory ordered a AWD with the Navigation System / Mark Levinson package. The RX will be built on the 28th and is scheduled be delivered no later than Dec. 21st. From discussions with two dealers, it appears they are reluctant to special (factory) order, they want to sell you what they have in inventory. I will not know until I actually receive the vehicle to confirm that the Levinson is possible to get. My dealer said this should not be a problem, will not know until sometime in December.

My advise is to a e-mail or call other dealers. Ask them if you can factory order the package you prefer. Once you know your options, go back to the leasing company and advise them of what is available. Maybe leasing companies only procure out of dealer inventories?

good luck and advise the forum what you find out.
  • I currently drive a Sequia. Do about 30,000 miles a year. Need a car that is both dependable and very good in the snow.
    Would love new awd car but think that the RX 330 may be better in snow.
    Anyone have experience with the AWD in RX 330 vs. Sequioa.
    Am afraid that the GX is too rough of a ride

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
    You're kidding us, right??

The Sequoia has a true 4WD part-time system and has a full time backup using brake apportioning like the RX does for its ONLY method of AWD. Besides which the RX series is predominently FWD torque biased.

You would literally be going from the frying pan into the fire itself going from the Sequoia to an RX.

Take a long hard look at the BMW X3, or even the new RAV4 if you really need AWD.
  • I am just beginning to understand the differences in AWD.
    What are your thoughts about the Land Cruiser. Is this technology superior to the AWD for the RX 330.?

Also any thoughts on how the new AWD autos would handle the snow

Thanks for the assistance.
    I think the LC is just a Sequoia/LX470 with different badging insofar as the driveline is concerned. But in truth someone else should weight in on that.

If by AWD autos you mean the new GS300 or IS300 then I suspect they will be excellent AWD platforms, not as good as the 4runner, but insofar as traction and safety on slippery roadbeds is concerned dramatically improved over the RX or HL.
    I have heard/read that the new RX350 will be introduced next spring. Assuming the "350" part means what I think it means then it will have DIS, Direct Injection System, to inject fuel directly into the combustion chamber at or near TDC of the compression stroke.

I am very impressed with the AWD/4WD (whatever) write-up on the new RAV4, does anyone have any information, news, rumors, etc, regarding whether the RX350 will get this same AWD/4WD driveline?

Personally I would think so since its hard to image a world wherein the RAV4 has a more capable AWD system than the Lexus RX or even the Highlander.
  • Thanks for your help!

Is the body style changing with the RX350??
  • I have tried the suggestion on the LS430 site and it doesn't work on my '04 RX 33o. Any other suggestions
  • Same here...tried it and the button mentioned in the message wasn't there in the RX330.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    Try this:

Press the MENU button, then press the DVD button (however the car must be stopped before the DVD button is available). Touch the TOP LEFT of the screen, then the BOTTOM LEFT of the screen, then the TOP LEFT again, then the BOTTOM LEFT again, then finally touch the BOTTOM RIGHT of the screen. It will bring up the SYSTEM MENU. Press and hold the OVERRIDE button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit BACK. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car.
  • I have a 2005 RX 330 and it works for me. There is not a button or icon in the lower left corner of the volume screen, but you just have to push in the area. I sometimes have to hold my finger on the "override" button (when I get to this screen) for a while to get it to work.

I have never tried the procedure with the DVD screen, but the proceedure with the volume screen works well while in motion. You do have to redo it every time you start the vehicle.
  • Is there a satelite button on the rx330 navigation system. When I buy, I would like to add Sirius satelite and would like to integrate with the navigation screen.
  • I think is on some models, but not the RX. I am in process of buying an RX now and am exploring after market solutions. I want Sirius and a mini jack for iPod (don't care about radio ipod integration in terms of controls). My dream would be Sirius on dash and iPod in center console.

Looking for a good installer in LA if anyone has any recommendations.
  • mldj98mldj98 Posts: 378
    I am in the same situation as you....moving to a place that does not have a Lexus dealer but does have a Toyota dealer....talked to the service manager and he told me that they could service the vehicle but cannot do warranty work....have to take it to a Lexus dealer....
    The type of maintenance he said they can do is everything from oil changes to tune ups......he also told me that he has not had to refer allot of people to the Lexus dealer for warranty work....but does do allot of sked services on them....hope this helps.
  • Because of so many on on board computers on late models, does it make sense to buy extended warranty beyond factory warranty for a lexus rx 330?
  • I'm not planning on it. I usually keep cars for up to 100k miles, and with proper maintenance I expect the car to be pretty trouble free until then. If it were a Mercedes, VW, etc I'd give an extended warranty more serious consideration (but then again the price of the extended warranty would be higher as well).
  • tneeftneef Posts: 1
    Been awhile since I read thru the messages but looking at trading in 01 rx300 for new 330 but hear talk of updated rx350 coming out in next few months as an 07 model. Anything current as to this information? Thanks.
  • iancariancar Posts: 31
    X3 is already score low on interior materials. I just wonder how many people are still going to buy 255hp X3 3.0i or heavier 2007 X5, when BMWs is going to be trumped by RAV4 and RX350 easily from red light.
    Just how many SUV buyers do you think really care about being trumped, or not, at a red light? Of a lot more interest, at least to me, and I suspect the majority of buyers, is how adequate the AWD/4WD system is in handling adverse roadbed conditions.

X3 happens to have a absolutely stellar AWD system in comparison to the current RX models. I'm hoping the upcoming RX model adopts the new RAV4 AWD system.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,499

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Can you please advise name of the local business and whereabouts are you located?
    OeM costs for these clear bra is about $800.
  • #3680 Reposted with phone number removed:

I'm just west of Minneapolis. The name of the local business is "Trim Doctor" in New Hope, MN. Looking at my receipts, I paid $139 + tax for the RX, and $175 + tax for my FX45. The FX included the rear bumper, which was not needed on the RX.
  • One dealer told me that the RX330 would start arriving with Sirius in January, and another told me that it would be MY 07. Since it is not on the option list I would suspect 2007, but wanted to see if anyone knew if this would be a mid 2006 change?

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Does one really need Lojack for a 2006 Rx330?
  • "Does one really need Lojack for a 2006 Rx330?"

Unless you live in an area with an unusually high car theft problem, and often park in risky areas, and don't carry comprehensive insurance, the factory installed alarm system should be plenty adequate. I put Lojack in the same category as special paint protection, rust-proofing, pin striping, etc - things that dealers push hard to pad their profit.
  • nelsoncmnelsoncm Posts: 103
    You know, hauling your kidlet(s) around in? All I ever see is older people or grandparent types driving them here in So Cal. But I only have one kid (plus a hubby and a dog) and am looking for a mid-size SUV. The idea that the center console and the rear seats slide back and forth makes it sound pretty versatile. Plus mommy would dig the plush ride. I've looked at Pilot, MDX, XC90, Highlander, haven't ruled all of them out, but the XC90 (back seat too cramped.) Any feedback would be appreciated.