Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• ab1ab1 Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I've just received my BMW X3 3.0i, and the dealer tried to sell me their protection packages:

1- a thin film to protect from bugs and road dirt

2- a glossy coating that covers the whole car to protect pain from acid rain etc.

The dealer said Lexus offered these packages before BMW did. Has anybody tried thoese? Any recommendations? Do you think I should go for them?

Thanks.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Waste of Money....

Protection packages are a way for the dealer to line his pockets and nothing else.
  • We have the digishield (thin coating to protect from bugs but more importantly from rock chips) on the front bumper, front part of the hood and the adjacent sides and the back of the side mirrors on our RX330. We've had it for over a year and we love it. Not a single rock chip to date.

As a said in an earlier message, my husband now wishes he had put the digishield on his Mercedes. Our package cost around $300.00 from the Lexus dealer if I remember correctly.

I would agree with wwest that the glossy paint protection is probably a waste of money.
  • zoomazooma Posts: 19
    We just picked up our new 2005 Rx330 with Navi. today, and it does not seem to be as current as it should be. For example, my home address is not recognized, even though we have lived here -- on a real street(!) -- for over 5 years. Our Acura MDX Navigation system recognizes this address just fine.

Is there some update that our new RX330 should have installed, or should I just not expect the Lexus Navi. to be as awesome (i.e., detailed) as my MDX Navi.?
  • hage57hage57 Posts: 24
    I just had the nav update completed on my 04 LS 430 and it is much improved. However, my wife's 04 RX 330's nav system is equally as bad as the LS 430, is there an update for the 04 RX 330, or can we use the same dvd as in the 430?
  • springspring Posts: 7
    Just took my AWD RX330 two weeks ago. Good price, just $200 over the invoice and no documentation fee.

I love the control and the interior, but am so so disappointed by the wind/road/engine noise. My wife and I had a Corolla and both of us agree that the noise insulation of RX is not any better, if not worse. I just sent the car to the dealer to check for leak. We took a loaner and it is equally noisy! I already tried tapping the windows down a little bite as suggested by some discussions; nothing happened.

How many owners have the same problem? Can you share your experience of fixing the problem? Thank you.
  • r1_97r1_97 Posts: 181
    I don't notice any unusual road noise from our '04 RX330. It doesn't have AWD though.
  • rparisrparis Posts: 368
    To Lexus owners who have owned both versions. Which vehicle is your preference? I own a 2001 RX300 and, aside from the large turning radius, I absolutely think itis a great car, but give thought to trading. Some owners of the 330 I have spoken to who have owned both, prefer the older model. Any thoughts?
  • finch3finch3 Posts: 113
    I have received the recall notice to replace the brake light switch on my 2004 RX330.

Does anyone have a thought on the urgency of this? Could I wait a couple of months?
    I have owned both and the 330 is far superior. The turning radius is a noticeable improvement, but also the extra power and power back door are obvious. You will agree if you buy a 330.
  • I agree with finch3 - our 2004 330 is a much better car than our 2000 300. In addition to the power rear door and smaller turning radius, the radio and air conditioning controls are much improved. If you get the nav system, the backup camera is very handy, particularly at night. There are many other minor improvements that demonstrate to me that Lexus engineers did their homework when they updated the RX design.
  • I have an 04 rx330, thinking of trading it for another with a Navigation system, Mark Levinson audio and Laser cruise control. Are they worth the extra money? Would like to from those that have these options and your experience with them.
  • Hey..we have an 03 LX470, and an RX 330...both have Navigation. I would NEVER have a vehicle without it. Well worth the money, and very easy to use and understand. Go for it! From what I understand from my salesperson (take with a grain of salt), the Lexus navigation software and display has won awards. (maybe, maybe not)

But despite what he says, we really like the navigation.

Best,

Alan
  • rparisrparis Posts: 368
    Does the 330 seem much larger than the 300?

Thanks
    Can't say the 330 is noticeably larger than the 300. I like that size and call it "just right".

I could pass up the HID headlights. Mostly, they are a bother. Have no need for Nav, would be a bother. Also, I like that you can select either 3rd or 4th gear and stay there. I call that a Driver's Option.
    are a great help at night if you're amongst the older generation like me.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    This is my third RX (previously '99 & '01), and by far the '04 is much more superior. Other than what finch3 and sandiegotom have described, I opted for the Performance Package and especially enjoy the air suspension with the sequential shifting which make the handling much more sportscar-like and more fun to drive. I'm hoping the new 400h would have this option as well.
  • gardencargardencar Posts: 293
    My '04 RX330 hit the 10,000 mi mark, recently.

The cost of a 10,000 mile service, oil $ lube, rotate tires, inspect ball joints, and various other inspections at local Lexus Service: $139.99 plus complimentary car wash. No loaner.

The cost of same 10,000 mile service at a local, trusted service garage: $40.39! No car wash, no loaner, no problem. For this particular service, I can "rough it"!
    Your dealer already won this round, second service should be at 15,000 miles.
    I called my dealer about the brake light switch recall and they said they need to order the part. Will take about a week. They seemed to think it was something that should be taken care of ASAP.