Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• All,

Is this option available in the 2005 models at all? It would be a shame if Acura and MB have it but the Lexus doesn't.

thanks
  • mmm1mmm1 Posts: 54
    Just bought an RX 330 this weekend. Have a very unimportant question but am curious about this. There is an "adapter tray" in the center console box between the two front seats. It has very unusual partitioning inside it and there is no mention in the owners manual as to what it is for. Just says to remove it, pull up, which I did. Salesman didn't know what it was for (surprise, surprise). Anyone know what this is? Perhaps something to do with the DVD entertainment system which I didn't get? Thanks. Thanks also to all for the helpfull info that I read prior to buying. Replaced an RX 300. Good move.
  • kenlex41kenlex41 Posts: 18
    Hey mmm1, I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't really fit anything well. I figured out the the low shallow try fits my gas credit card well, though.
  • mmm1mmm1 Posts: 54
    A couple years ago when I had another model of Lexus someone posted a link to get the Cbest settings. Does anyone know what that link might be. Need settings for 2003 LS 430 and 2005 RX 330. Thanks.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,006
    "Seeking to build customer loyalty, upscale brands Lexus and Mercedes-Benz last week unveiled their new affinity credit cards."

Lexus and Mercedes-Benz Launch Credit Cards (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• finch3finch3 Posts: 113
    I assure you that 87 octane, regular gas will work fine in the RX330. Don't waste money with different formulations, especially with these high gas prices.
  • sssstevessssteve Posts: 49
    Yes - 87 works. I just find that the car runs much, much better with a higher octane. Seems to like Chevron. Depends on my (finacial) mood when I pull up to the pump I guess!
  • louiein99louiein99 Posts: 33
    Speaking of high gas prices, what kind of mileage are owners getting in the AWD version. I know what the EPA estimates are for the AWD, but lets get real. I am pretty sure the 2004 RX330 road test said Edmunds observed 16mpg.

In city and mixed driving, what are you guys getting?

Also, Lexus claims 7.8 seconds 0-60, but is anyone actually attaining this?
  • r1_97r1_97 Posts: 181
    Interesting. We use 87 also but don't notice any difference when trying 91 here in so. CA.
  • johngreisjohngreis Posts: 69
    www.lexus.com/home/faqs/lps.html Then click on # 1
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,006
    "We all know that driving a fuel-efficient SUV is a good thing to do for the planet. If you can get the math working in your favor, as well, it can be a good thing for your wallet as well."

Hybrid and Diesel SUV Roundup (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• happirockhappirock Posts: 4
    Does anyone have the laser cruise control in their car. Two local dealers told me that they have never seen one on an RX330.
  • spgullspgull Posts: 2
    I drove from Boston to Ft. Myers on 89 octane with my RX330 and got 22.5 mpg.
    My brother drove his RX330 from Hilton Head to Ft.Myers using 93 octane and got 25 mpg. Pretty good test that all things being equal, the car performs better with premium.
  • crystal2crystal2 Posts: 52
    Happirock, I was told the laser cruise control is found in only 1% of 2005 RX330 sold. This was according to a dealer I spoke to (in southern CA).
  • lexusguy311lexusguy311 Posts: 10
    Well folks I thought I would share my experiences with the RX330 after three months of ownerships. The first three months have been great, as expected. I feel that the amount of money paid for the car is well worth it and it could be priced higher IMO. I have not experienced any of the problems posted in the problems and solutions board, and the ride has been flawless. A couple of flaws that I would like to point are 1) this car doesn’t have a coin holder; I can’t believe this! 2) I wish the navigation were more user friendly. My wife has a 04 Accord with navigation and the Honda navigation is a lot more user friendly. The biggest flaw in the Lexus navigation is it prevents users from accessing the phone pad and destinations menu while traveling. I know that Lexus has this as a safety issue but when there is a passenger in the vehicle I see no reason on why they shouldn’t be able to access those menus. Other than those minor grips I am very impressed with the ride, looks, and refinement of the vehicle. The interior of the vehicle is the best in its class. The leather and interior materials are very high class. I had an opportunity to look at the X5 last week while my brother was buying a 05 M3 (lucky!!!!) and I was not impressed at all by BMW’s interior materials, especially the leather which looked very cheap (however, the nappa leather in the M3 is very nice). The cabin in the RX is extremely quiet, I don’t know why this gets so many complaints in the boards. Wind noise is very minimal and the engine is very quite; I have actually tried to turn the car on twice while it was already on. In all I am very happy with my purchase and look to post future findings in the future. :D
  • ttontton Posts: 1
    try http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/index.html they have it for $356 and they also have also have pre-paint for an extra $160...this is whole lot better then the tube.

let me how it's turn out!

br,
    tton
  • louiein99louiein99 Posts: 33
    I am trying to decide between sticking with the standard 17" wheels or upgrading to the 18" wheels before I purchase an AWD RX330. Other than what some consider a more sporty appearance (and 18" tires being more expensive to replace in the future) do the 18" wheels improve performance, handling/cornering, safety or mpg??? The safety, performance and handling/cornering being the most important for me.
    Hi, Can someone tell me how the wheel lock works for the RX330? I remember I got a key for the wheel lock for my Toyota Avalon. I did not find any wheel lock key with the package I received in the car. I also cannot locate any info in the Owner's Manual (did I miss it somewhere)? Any info would be appreciated.
  • gottlsgottls Posts: 21
    When I received my vehicle the wheel lock key was located in the small tool kit next to the jack. This was pointed out by the salesperson
    Gottls, Thanks for the tip. I will look for it there. Crystal2