Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Kristin,

Wow! Thanks for posting those pictures. They are very touching and eye opening. You are making a difference and doing a great job of representing America.

Too often is America viewed as a nosy, self-serving bully. However, wherever there is an earthquake, flood, or natural disaster, who are the first rescuers to arrive? Americans!

Whenever a strife torn country needs money, medical supplies, or food to feed and heal its stricken, who are the first to send aid?Americans!

Thank you for being part of this facet of America that is oftentimes overlooked.
    The RX is not designed for women, just because it has a place to put a purse. That is a thoughtful touch designed to appeal to women. Just like the 18" wheels and tow package are probably designed to appeal to men (I haven't seen too many women towing a trailer, besides my wife.)

Lexus set out to attract more women into the SUV market, by building a "smarter" SUV. The fact that so many women (our smarter halves), including my wife (certainly my smarter half), like the RX330, does not mean it is designed for women. It just means that someone finally built an SUV beautiful enough and sensible enough for the discriminating tastes of women.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    the RX is actually a soccer mom minivan compromised just enough so sexuality assured males will also be comfortable owning one.
  • johnnieliujohnnieliu Member Posts: 34
    There were a couple of magazine articles written last year comparing the FX35 and the RX330. Both articles stated that the FX35 was a more "mascaline" design while the RX330 was not. One article further state that this 2 cars were perfect examples of "his and her" cars, "his" being the FX35. I agreed with these articles since I preferred the FX35 while my wife prefered the RX330. Since the vehicle was going to be "her" car, she won. However, as what wwest said there is enough "compromise" that I feel comfortable owning one.
    Sit down in front of it and have a look at the "nose", just about as impressively overlarge as those MANLY Dodge pickups.
  • clee4clee4 Member Posts: 103
    Purse, my 18 inch wheels. A six pack goes there also.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    golly darn.....didn't think about that sliding console for a six pack. I was teasing a little about it being a woman's car. My wife is kinda giddy over her new RX. Lexus has made a giant leap with the new one. Much more aggressive look. Love those 18" wheels. The old one looked like it wanted to say "excuse me" but I wanna pass. The new one, while not exactly a he-man, is distinctly less polite. It's a great vehicle and I'd consider one for myself if it was 20% bigger.
    You guys just confirmed what I've been saying all along. Those magazine articles that classified the FX and RX as "his" and "hers" were simply stating that the RX was the better looking of the two. Hence, beautiful enough for women. Wwest just echoed this sentiment by stating the grotesqueness of the FX's nose, as being overly large. In contrast, everything is beautifully proportioned on the RX.
  • adb3adb3 Member Posts: 112
    Toyota sells too many of these things for anyone to believe it is targeted at a specific gender. IMO, the company did a masterful job of subtle styling that appeals to both. We have a black-on-black that my wife loves as her commuter during the week and I thoroughly enjoy tooling around in on the weekends and on vacation jaunts. 15K miles and one year later it is as rock-solid as the day we purchased. As the sales figures and reviews attest, Toyota just about hit this one out of the park. Can't wait until the new GS is ready for order!
    The SAE has just published a white paper that states that J D Power says that "Windshield and Window fogging" is the second most common vehicular complaint, and the paper goes on to state that vehicles of Japanese manufacture seem to have a greater propensity for this due to the uniqueness of their HVAC design approach, allowing more recirculated airflow.
  • doubletrackdoubletrack Member Posts: 26
    Deep Color Interpretations:
    Black- Masc.
    White- a bride color
    Savannah- like, well, an El Camino color (Hmmm. - could go either way, like Cat-Dog)
    Mica- couldn't decide on black, wimped out.
    Dark Blue- just as hard to keep clean, but at least it's not black
    Silver- every other car has one, but still looks like a DeLorean color.
    Bamboo- holographic - like a Pokemon card.
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    Everyone is entitled to my opinions, and so I thought I should express some of them:

1) The RX is not a "soccer mom minivan". Why? Because it just won't hold enough soccer players and all of their cargo. For example, where's the 3rd row seat? Where's the DVD screen for the front passenger? And how is Josh, sitting mid-position in the back seat, going to feel when mom slides the center console back into his shins to make room for her purse?? If I was Josh, I'd be yelling, "Why didn't you guys buy that <choose one> {Highlander/GX/MDX}?!!"

2) The previous generation RX300 was designed primarily for empty-nesters. In comparison, the new RX330 is designed for really cool adults... who don't happen to have many kids at home. Big difference.

3) I really don't know if I am "sexuality assured" or not, but I do know that I really like my wife's dark masculine-colored flint mica RX330 with those 18" rims. I'll like it even more after we get that tow hitch installed. (I still wish it had a hemi...)

4) Outside of minivans, there is no longer any strong gender bias concerning automobiles. Last week I saw a shiny black FX35 in our parking lot next to a new Miata. The FX, with those huge 20" rims and that big "Dodge Ram" grill, is driven by a female. The Miata is driven by my boss, Rick. And as soon as I am done wasting your time in this forum, I'm gonna take a closer look at the new '05 Mini Cooper convertible that is due out late summer!

Happy motoring, boys and girls!
    What an interesting story and set of pictures you have provided for us! I'm glad you made it back safely!! Your story humbles me when I think about all the dangers that many well-intentioned people, providing international aid, face within these third-world countries (as well as the dangers faced by the peaceful citizens within those countries). Just look at today's headlines concerning those American civilians in Fallujah who were providing security for food deliveries.
  • scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    I once helped an elderly French woman find her RX330 in a mall parking lot.

:-D

Scott
    The SAE agrees with J.D. Power, eh?

If Windshield and Window Fogging is the #2 complaint, then what is the #1 complaint? Unreliable electronics? Poor assembly? Not enough cup holders??

I found this report to be very interesting, although I might not agree 100% with some of the commentary near the end of this article.

http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18401442
  • finch3finch3 Member Posts: 113
    Does anyone have info on an alternate rear camera system? I read, in my morning newspaper, a bit about the Audiovox system, which uses a rear view mirror to show what is behind you. Including installation, it would be far less than a thousand dollars. It would be available with a GPS for about $2400 total. Are there other systems available?
    Great post, good humor, sharp points, cool to have you back!

Also, interesting article! It supports pretty much everything I've been reading about luxo car reliability.
    This is it, the day I'm going to buy the RX330. Well, actually, it's on Tuesday, April 6. I called my local dealer and asked if I could make an appointment with an experienced salesman, explaining I had purchased an RX300 in 2000. So he gave me a name of his most experienced salesman and we made an appointment.

Wait till this guy sees me on the 6th. More to the point, wait till he sees the Consumers Union worksheet that I will slide on the corner of this desk. This will be a not so subtle hint that this discussion will be in my favor.

I haven't been in a RX330. I've only seen one in a standing position. Who needs to see any more? It's only a car! Or a truck! Whatever! If it's as good or better than the RX300, it's all I want or need. Though the memory seat, mirrors, and steering wheel sounds good. And a shorter steering radius, something shorter than a truck and trailer, that would be extra nice. Root me on, I'm ready and prepared!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd still take it for a nice long spin before I sat down at the desk.

Check out Lexus RX 330: Prices Paid & Buying Experience too if you haven't already.

Enjoy the trip to the dealer Tuesday!

Steve, Host
  • dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    I would also,check other dealers pricing,either by email or phone before I sat down a table.There was quite a difference in what we could get locally (1900 off list)to what we got a bit further (1.5 hr ride=4300+off list).Its always to have as many dealers bidding for your business as possible,also better if you do the deal towards end of month when they need to make numbers.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    loves her her new RX. I agree it's a great vehicle. . .drives beautifully. My only complaint is the center control panel. There's a small radius to the center display that turns the right-side buttons toward the passenger. The buttons on the right side are fairly unimportant (rear de-fog and radio stuff) but, nevertheless, hard to see for the driver. Hate to see Lexus defer to the stylist for the sake of symmetry.
  • jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    Just came back from an RX330 test drive. Only city and expressway drive for a few minutes. Prepared to hear less overall noise according to some noise rating that I read before. However, I can't tell the new RX has lower noise than my 00 RX300.
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    My dealer gave me a black '04 to drive while I'm waiting for mine to arrive (around April 12th). Now I'll say that this is a loaner, was built 5/03, and has 15.5k on the odometer.

I'm a bit disappointed with the loaner. It has that dash rattle (sounds like directily in front of the driver, near the window, and the transmission has that downshift issue.

What struck me though, is the noise. It's a very loud vehicle. It does have the 18" wheels but the one I ordered did also. Also, power seems much worse than the car I test drove. Hopefully this just means that this car has been thrashed by people and driven hard. That I don't do, in fact I only put about 9k per year on my vehicles.

Anyone have high mileage and how do you feel?
  • adb3adb3 Member Posts: 112
    Check post 2751. I bought mine right off the boat last March. Can't judge 330 quality by comparing to a loaner with that many miles--should view it similar to a rental. I'm in one now with 12K while my GS is in service. It's amazing what folks will do to a quality vehicle when they know they aren't paying for it.
    What the RX330 would act like if it were retrofitted to/with a mechanical throttle.
    At my dealer, the RXs available had the Goodyear Eagle RS-a or the Michelin MXV4.

Is there a consensus at he which is the best tire. My preference is quiet over mileage.

If there is another "common" tire often available, consider that also as I didn't see all the avialable trucks.
    Whether this is unusual or not, I don't know, but they have a standard RX, available in all color combinations. It's a front wheel drive, with a Premius Plus package, 18" wheels, the usual premium items, and the towing prep, rain sensing wipers wheel locks, and cargo mat. Available on a handshake for $37,000, which seemed fair.

Anything else is a special order.
  • gqfrommarsgqfrommars Member Posts: 16
    I am about to purchase a RX330 but I have questions about RES/Nav:

I have read on post #1595 of by tsheer that the movie that is playing in the RES can be seen on the Nav when in Park? is this really true?

Can I control the RES in the driver seat? Where are the buttons?

How do I get the sound to come out to the speakers?

Help...

Thanks in advance.
    I don't have the Nav, so I don't know about the front screen capability.
    Other than On/Off power, the DVD can only be controlled completely with the remote control or on the rear unit itself. The remote works best I think. Front dash controls are On/Off and "Aux/Disc" (toggles front CD or rear DVD/CD and patches the input sound to the car's speakers, i.e. like a home amp. unit would). It actually works well, in our experience. If the rear video screen is closed, and you switch to "Aux" in the front, the dvd sound track will continue in the speakers. The DVD unit will play regular audio CD's, and the headphones block noise fairly well, so the rear headphone listeners can play a video, music CD, game, or radio (but in radio mode in the rear, there is only one receiver, so everyone listens to the same radio signal), front or rear. Basically, the front radio/CD unit is like a home receiver/amp with a built-in changer and cassette, and the rear dvd/cd unit is an "Aux" input device with entirely separate audio controls and a remote.
    It takes getting used to, but our 2 young boys had it all mapped out in about 10 minutes. The most intelligent thing in the set up are the game inputs and the built-in AC converter in the rear. We plugged in an old Nintendo 64 in the rear hatch storage area, works fine. The only odd thing is there is no "On/Off" on the dvd unit itself-- you have to use the remote, or just turn off the dash unit.
  • laterldf1laterldf1 Member Posts: 3
    My RX 330 celebrated its 1st birthday last week, having rolled up over 21k miles. It has had NO problems (except a rightside door mirror replacement) but the a/c system is quirky (IMHO). The nav system, tilt-down mirrors and rearview camera are great features. Would I buy another RX330? Yep, in a NY nano-second. We'll probably replace it with the 2006 hybrid version. later, ldf
  • lil4xlil4x Member Posts: 15
    Yes, the movie can be seen on the Nav screen when the vehicle is in &#147;park&#148; and the emergency brake is set.

You can control the RSES from the Nav screen &#150; via touch screen controls that you can show/hide.

To get the sound to come from the speakers (and the picture to appear on the Nav Screen &#150;assuming you are in &#147;park&#148; with the e-brake set) press the &#147;disc&#148; button on the radio &#150; once for CD, and a second time for the DVD/AUX input.

For those who burn their own entertainment features to disc, the RSES will play your DVDs as well as SVCDs. Local controls on the RSES console, the remote, and even the Nav touch screen can be used to navigate through the chapters and options on the disc.

When traveling long distances, my wife has discovered the optimal viewing position for movies. Recline the right rear seat fully, push the right front seat all the way forward, tilt it forward, and place a small, sturdy ice chest on the rear floorboard. A couple of pillows and a blanket completes her &#147;nest&#148;. Put on a headset and you are ready for the movies…if you can stay awake beyond the opening credits. Meanwhile, the driver can listen to the radio with speakers optimized for &#147;driver&#148; &#150; so as not to disturb the theater experience taking place in the back seat. All we need now is a 12v microwave for the popcorn.
  • gqfrommarsgqfrommars Member Posts: 16
    Thanks you two. That was very helpful. I am set to purchase a Rx330 for my self now.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I ran across a HVAC link yesterday that you may enjoy:

Keeping Your Windshield Clear

Interesting ponds the guy has too.

Steve, Host
    The Lexus A/C becomes easier to manage if you have the dealer use the C-best options to unlink the automatic operation of the A/C in normal climate control mode and in defrost/defog/demist mode.

You can then leave it completely off during the cold/cooler months, increasing your fuel miles, reducing instances of windshield fogging (northern reaches) and/or the buildup of mould and mildew (southern reaches) within the A/C evaporator.

The primary problem with the "normal" operation of the system is that it all too often switches to "cooling" mode at totally inappropreate times.

Human body comfort is the result of the cabin air temperature AND the radiant temperature of the surrounding interior and exterior "landscape".

Since Lexus relies entirely on cabin air temperature for controlling the system mode, cooling vs heating (Footwell/HEAT, Dash/panel/COOLING) it will oftentime switch into cooling mode when your body wants HEAT!

The only way I have found to overcome the problem is to manually switch the system back into footwell/heating airflow mode when this happens. When the system is in cooling mode the interior surface of the windshield is also being slightly cooled, putting the system back in footwell mode therefore also retards the possibility of windshield fogging dramatically, just as stated in the new RX330 owners manual.

You might also happen to run across suggestions by some to raise the setpoint temperature to prevent the system from going into cooling mode. This method only works until or unless the cabin airlow rises to the new setpoint. Once that happens the system will still switch, again, into cooling mode.

It is never a good idea to use the airflow recirculation mode of the system for extended periods, and especially so if the windshield tends to fog over. Some Lexus and Toyota models use recirculated airflow, predominantly, when the A/C compressor is activated, even with the "fresh" airflow mode indication illuminated.

I was instructed many times by Lexus service that if the windshield started fog over to always remember to manually activate "fresh" mode even though the indicator showed that mode already active. IT wasn't until I bought the service manuals that I discovered that when the "auto" mode light is on the Fresh vs recirc indications are meaningless.

Since the "auto" mode light can/will be extinguished for reasons other than manually over-riding the fresh/recirc mode the indication can be totally ambiguous. So the Lexus service folks were totally and completely correct, the ONLY way to be sure that the system is really in "fresh" is to KNOW you have put it there manually by depressing the "fresh" pushbutton.

If your windshield should happen to fog over, or begin to fog over, the best solution is to raise the setpoint quickly to maximum and then switch the system to defrost/defog/demist mode.

If the windshield is fogged, or beginning to fog over, and the outside temperature of the incoming FRESH airflow is above 45F then it will probably help to manually activate the A/C in defrost/defog/demist mode. If the OAT is below 45F, and certainly if it is nearing freezing, the liklihood that the A/C will be helpful in removing and/or preventing windshield fogging is substantially reduced. At about 35F OAT, and below, the A/C is disabled by the manufacturers design.

Looking to the future, some european car manufacturers are already using MRT (Mean Radiant Temperature) sensors to control the system's mode, heating vs cooling, and at least one is using an MRT sensor to detect the need for preventative measures to forestall windshield fogging.
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    Does anyone have a list of the available C-Best settings that I can have programmed at the dealer? I've not seen anything.

Also, has anyone had trouble (or found a trick) to setting the auto lock/unlock for the doors? I've tried to customize this in the the loaner RX that I was given, using the instructions in the manual, but it makes no change. It is now set in the auto lock all on "move from park" and not unlock on "move to park". According to the manual, I can turn the key to "on" and within 10 seconds move the shift lever out of park and push the front of the lock button (lock) for 5 seconds to have the car lock on 15 mph. I can also turn the key to "on" and within 10 seconds (with the lever in Park) push the rear of the lock button (unlock) for 5 seconds and ALL of the doors will unlock on Park.

I've tried it several times to no avail.
    "keeping your Windshield clear"

I just simply cannot believe what I have just read in your dissertation, "keeping your windshield clear". The possibility of the A/C being viable for clearing or preventing windshield fogging is strictly a function of the relative humidity of the outside atmosphere. And everyone knows that as the predominant climatic temperature declines the level of moisture, relative humidity, of the atmosphere also declines. Basically the reason getting zapped by static electricity is more predominant in cold weather.

Below about 45-50F the likelihood of the A/C being efficient enough to dehumidify the incoming fresh airflow is very questionable, the RH of that incoming airflow would of necessity be fairly high, an extremely unlikely occurrence in colder climates. Most systems automatically disable the A/C compressor clutch circuit below about 35F since at those temperatures the dehumidification capability of the A/C is NON-EXISTENT.

But I do feel for you. Years ago I happened to rent a Jaguar (Budget) at Logan airport on a night of freezing rain. During our twenty mile drive south to Norwood I had the heat turned all the way up and the rear windows lowered slightly to both keep the windshield defogged and provide a reasonably comfortable cabin environment.

Looking back I cannot tell you if the A/C was on or not, but I can say with great confidence, given that the raindrops were turning to ice upon striking, that even had it been on it would have been completely non-functional.

The only solution I can think of for that event would be to exhaust the engine radiator air outflow to/toward the outside of the windshield as is done on many business jets these days.

The cabin could have remained within the comfort zone and the windshield could have been simultaneously heated to prevent interior fogging.
  • ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    Does anyone know if the Entertainment System is something that needs to be ordered seperately depending on what region you live in?
  • lil4xlil4x Member Posts: 15
    You are correct in assuming that the DVD player in the Entertainment System is specific to a broad geographical region. In a nutshell, the US and Canada are on the &#147;Region 1&#148; Standard. The UK, Europe, South Africa, and Japan are Region 2, Hong Kong and much of Asia is Region 3, Mexico, along with Central and South America and Australia &#150; plus many of the Pacific and Caribbean islands are Region 4. Region 5 consists of the former Soviet Union and client states, as well as India, North Korea, and most of Africa. If you order a vehicle in the US, it will have a Region 1 player in it &#150; so that is not a concern, unless you intend to move to Mexico and purchase DVD movies there.
    Finally! After selling me and installing the wrong hitch, the Lexus parts department got it right, but only after I gave them the parts number. Thanks doubletrack. I managed to get a 10% discount off list price and paid $265, about fifty bucks more than the 2500# Lexus hitch, and more than twice the price of the Curt hitch. However, I think it is worth the extra expense because it came with the exterior hitch wiring tastefully mounted on the port side, with a neat little cover for the plug, attached. Anyone that has had to deal with trailer lights before knows what a pain those flat plugs can be when they become corroded! The attached cover should keep those connections nice and dry and corrosion free, a very nice touch.

Moreover, the hitch looks great! The first time I saw it, I thought the receiver, a piece shaped like a tetrahedron in the center of the hitch, stuck out a little too far. On second inspection, I realized it only seemed to stick out far from the bumper because the bottom part of the rear bumper sloped so sharply downward. The more I looked at it, the more I liked the looks of the hitch, the rounded tube and how the sides swept gracefully back from view. Although the tetrahedral center did stick out a couple of inches from the furthest point on the rear bumper, I realized it could be useful. It can serve as a step for better access to the rear valance and roof, when washing or drying the RX. Even better, it can offer some protection for your rear bumper, from inconsiderate drivers who might bump you while parking. I wish I'd had the hitch last week, when I received the first nicks to the paint on my rear bumper. Boy, was I ticked off!

Overall, I am very happy with this hitch and how it enhances the looks of the vehicle. I have often thought, when seeing other RX's on the road ahead of me, that the rear was the least attractive side of the vehicle. I call this the "skinny butt" syndrome. The black plastic on the bottom of the rear bumper creates the illusion that it is thinner than it really is. At the same time, the black rear valance creates the impression that the roof line is lower than it really is. These two optical illusions are especially pronounced on lighter colored cars, and together serve to give the appearance that the rear of the RX is disproportionately small and high in the air. With the hitch being visible under the bumper, the rear now appears lower, more proportional, and "viola", no more skinny butt.

Also, since the hitch is made from a large diameter rounded tube and uses a 2" receiver, which is larger than on some other midsize SUV's, it looks rugged, utilitarian, but yet refined. IMO, it gives the RX330 a more masculine appearance, which should please those who were worried that the RX is a ladies' car.

I can't wait to go to Clear Lake this weekend and see how this hitch and the RX pull my bass boat around.
    Gardencar, glad you got the hitch solved. Could you let me know how the RX tows your boat? I haven't replaced my boat yet, so I'm curious about what weight/size boat the RX can really handle and how the brakes hold up. (My RX is FWD.)
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    I was speaking with someone who has owned both the Rx 300 and the 330. He told me all things considered he likes the 300 better. He did say the turning radius of the 330 and telescoping steering wheel, etc. is great. However, he said he finds the 330 larger overall, but not a larger interior, dislikes the rear posts as they are wider on the 330, and dislikes the darker windows. Also, thought gas mileage was not as good although the 330 has more pickup.

Any comments from others who have driven both vehicles?
  • bachfirebachfire Member Posts: 19
    My 2004 RX330 was a special order which arrived this past July. It had the 18" Goodyear Eagles on it. I was not happy with the rather harsh ride and noise with the Goodyear tires. My dealer changed the tires out with five brand new Michelins. A major difference in my humble opinion. Much smoother and quieter ride with the Michelins. If you have a choice, I would highly recommend asking the dealer to swap the Goodyear Eagles out for you as part of making the deal for you to purchase the vehicle from them.
    The apparent choices are Goodyear RS-A and Michelin MXV4. I checked the reviews on tirerack.com and the Michelin was rated far better. So, I had them switch tires on my new RX to the Michelin. I might add that the dealer put 38 lbs in rather than 30, making for a harsher ride.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    I was speaking with someone who has owned both the Rx 300 and the 330. He told me all things considered he likes the 300 better. He did say the turning radius of the 330 and telescoping steering wheel, etc. is great. However, he said he finds the 330 larger overall, but not a larger interior, dislikes the rear posts as they are wider on the 330, and dislikes the darker windows. Also, thought gas mileage was not as good although the 330 has more pickup.

Any comments from others who have driven both vehicles?
    I just traded my RX300 for the RX330. My initial reaction is that the 330 is a more refined and superior vehicle. The shorter turning radius is a great improvement. The expanded memory seating is a plus and the powered back door is simply great. Ya gotta love that! I think it's quieter and rides better. All in all, I think they refined and improved an allready great vehicle.
    We've use a cargo net for many years, including in our 2000 RX330, but it's gone in the RX330!

What kind of solution have some of you created? I know there are boxes and other contraptions, including portable nets, but what really works?

Thanks for your help.
  • lovemylexus1lovemylexus1 Member Posts: 101
    I had my dealer trade out the Michelins on my RX for Goodyear tires.

For the record, it is purely a political decision and not one based on consumer reports or ratings.
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Oh cuz Michelins are made in France?
    Nope, the cargo net is not history! It is sold as an accessory by Lexus dealers. We asked the dealer to throw it in during our RX330 purchase last summer. Two small hooks were installed to support the cargo net, one on each side of the cargo area. It took one of their service techs about 10 minutes to install. The net works like a charm for our weekly grocery trips.

Regarding the two versions of the 18" RX330 tires, the Michelin tires are rated higher for all-season traction, while the Goodyear tires are more performance-oriented -- intended to improve handling on dry pavement. Although the tirerack.com reviews prefer the Michelins, keep in mind that these reviews are across the board for all the different sizes and possibly speed grades of both of these tire models. One downside to the Michelin tire is its maximum pressure rating. The Goodyear RS-A RX330 tire is rated up to 44psi, but if I remember correctly, the Michelin MXV4 RX330 tire has a maximum pressure rating of only 35psi. (Probably not the best idea for the dealer to inflate these tires to 38psi, eh?)

One more thing: I've seen nearly every complaint imaginable against the RX330, and a few of them I understand and possibly concur, but I never thought I would see anybody complain that the windows are too dark!!
    Thus ends one long journey, and soon you will begin another one! The correct hitch is now installed, after all that you've been through. Congratulations, and thanks for the detailed report. Let us know how your RX330 works with your boat on your trip to Clear Lake. Oh, and sorry to read that you have some new nicks on the rear bumper.

Since I don't have the tow-prep package, and I intend on towing only a folding bike rack, I am still tempted to buy the Curt Hitch. I just wish they had designed it for the 18" spare instead of the 17" spare. I wonder if all Curt Hitch dealers are prepared to provide the offsets for RX330's with the 18" tires?