Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Diesel

Comments

• coolridercoolrider Posts: 84
    jeyhoe: Independent Service Group handles the repurchase/exchange for DC. It was bought back by DiamlerChrysler. It was the result of issues similar to the ones that "farout" described, enough said. Yes I cannot discuss the details of it. Yes it is so quite that I miss the clatter, not. My liberty never struggled to pull a trailer, I was referring to the 4 & 6 cyls of the gas variety. Next answer, there is only one Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. No longer called by the CRD name just 3.0 Diesel which is CRD in design and is still a turbo diesel. BTW it does come from the factory with bio-diesel in the tank.
    You are not far from the price of the new JGC LTD diesel base model $38800. with the rebate $2500. and a good dealer discount. All of you with problem liberty (s) look at the numbers. I don't believe this true Mercedes Benz diesel engine will be any problem. I know that the torque and economy is great and which one I want in my driveway when it goes out of warranty. It comes with bio-diesel from the factory.
  • hamchamphamchamp Posts: 33
    The Impartial Service Group handled, handles, our replacement vehicle. We just got the 2nd 30 day set of paper tags from the dealer. I am keeping my old 'special' tags but don't have the paperwork as of yet. We took possession of the new truck on 4/27/07. If I was giving any advise out, even if you have the cash on hand to pay the difference between what ISG pays and you pay, don't pay in cash. If I would have taken a small loan out from the bank, the 'bank' would have the title alot sooner than I. I don't think any 'bank' would let it go over 30 days. They would own it until I paid it off. I gave them cash, and they still haven't filed with the DMV. I think ISG cut the check today, so I would give it two more weeks. Just a suggestion. Hamchamps wife.
  • winter2winter2 Posts: 1,796
    For those of you who are having trouble with the cruise control, have you had the F37 recall performed? If so, the problem may lie therein. Part of the F37 recall re-programmed the TCM and the cruise control circuit works with the TCM as well as the engine controller. Something with the re-programming may have messed up how the cruise control works. The reason I am making this suggestion is that when I last visited the dealer I purchased my CRD from, the service writer saw that I had had the F37 recall performed. He asked me if the trans was shifting properly and something about the cruise control too. He stated that some of the re-programming involved with F37 was not taking properly to some of the controller modules.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    Thanks for the clarification, coolrider. Unfortunately as a California resident, I'm a long way from a JGC diesel since its illegal to sell them here. That's why I'm looking at used LibCRDs and that's why the dealer thinks they can get away with price gouging cause the Lib CRD is rare as hens teeth in Cal.
  • arvmanarvman Posts: 95
    had some tranny issues after f 37,was related to module and they replaced the O/D shift solenoidthey had a hard time reprogramming the computer but it is working deent now.
    What I find so hypocritical about the CARB rules is that you can purchase any diesel car with more than 7500 miles on it, virtually brand new. What makes this so crazy is that if it is illegal to buy when brand spanking new because it is a diesel powered car, that same car then suddenly becomes CA emissions compliant/legal with more than 7500 miles on it. :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    What? You're expecting something logical from those tree-huggering idiots (MHO) at CARB? After all, they're the people who gave us MTBE in the gas. Brilliant mids, those.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I keep up reasonably well with autos and what's happening, but the first I heard of the JGC CRD was on this board. That might be just the ticket for me, but I gotta wait til someone in Nevada or Arizona buys one and it ends up back on the market for whatever reason.

And usually I consider a real low mileage used car to be a little suspect. I mean what pushes a person to accept all that depreciation in a few mos or a year? How bad would a car have to be to do that to a person? :confuse: I suppose many are repos but the best of those would be picked off by FORs wouldn't they? (Friends Of the Repo-man) :shades: .

And these stupid CARB (California Air Resources Board) rules make buying a Liberty CRD a much dicier proposition here becasuse they're so rare, the mechanics dont even know em. If folks in Missouri have trouble getting a CRD fixed, what chance do I have in California? I dont know if this is a showstopper for me, but it is a big concern.
    Wow, and to think that that I always thought that socal would be a second pick for a place to live. I guess that you can't go to nevada and buy one either for registration issues. Relatives? Probably not worth the trouble. I have sold another on diesels. I mentioned to my daughter that the Jetta she has been looking at is available in diesel form and she bought a new TDI, actually a leftover 2006 model since vw did not have a 2007 TDI. In Jan 2008 vw will have the new bluetec TDI (ie JGC CRD bluetec) for 50 states and the Jeep CRD should be as well in 2008. I have been taking the long way home to spend a few more miles with the JGC CRD which getting better everyday and producing the 2wd epa numbers! :shades:
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,694
    I think you are the first to own a GC diesel here on Edmund's. If you would post your impressions and mileage it would be very helpful. That is one of the vehicles I am interested in buying. I started a thread in April with no response.

Post in gagrice, "Grand Cherokee CRD diesel" #1, 20 Apr 2007 4:14 pm
    After the F-37 and other recalls, it took them 110 days to fix our Jeep CRD 2005 23K. CRD did do a replacement. hamchamp
  • jcscrdjcscrd Posts: 4
    33k 2005 CDR...well the check engine light is coming on for a few days then going off for a day, then back on. has anyone had this problem? I think it may be the EGR thing again. :lemon:
    Get it fixed before you reach 36K Just a suggestion hamchamp
  • jcscrdjcscrd Posts: 4
    what happens at 36k?
  • mdamickmdamick Posts: 277
    They don't fix it for free anymore.
  • randy_rayrandy_ray Posts: 9
    Have just over 13k miles on my 06 CRD and the yellow engine light has been a random freak since about 4k. Dealer says nothing is wrong, manual says it has something to do the fuel system.
    Dealer says nothing is wrong, manual says it has something to do the fuel system.

I think you need to find a new dealer and service department who gives a damn. A random yellow check engine light is a problem that needs to be dealt with. I will wager that the EGR valve is on the verge of failing.
  • arvmanarvman Posts: 95
    I remember reading a while back that someone had cleaned the boost sensor.Can someone tell me exactly how to do that?I also have been purging air from the fuel filter on a weekly basis and find there is quite a bit of air accumulating.going to trace the fuel lines and check for loose fittings.Gas guage has now started to do its own thing.When reaching a quarter tank it will drop to E and get my little gas light,then after a while it goes back to accurate reading.Any thoughts before I go back to the dealer,the service guys all know me by name now,I could probably get a job there.
  • This is my first post on this forum, although I have read it extensively over the last year or so and have found it very usefull.

Here is my problem. I have a 06 CRD (built in Feb/March)with 23k mi. Generaly the car has been great and we have had no problems except for one thing. Three times now the car has experienced a complete loss of power. The engine sounds like it is stumbling (sort of like a gas engine with the wrong firing order) and the car will barely crawl along. The first 2 times we stopped, pulled over, and after looking for spilled guts the 1st time and finding nothing wrong, it then started right back up and went on it's merrry way. I took it straight to the dealer, but there were no codes and they could find nothing wrong. This happened again a week ago and this time it did not start up right away but did 40 minutes later with out anything showing up wrong (I drove straight to the nearest dealer as we were away from home). Both dealers have certified diesel mechanics neither could find anything.

Has anyone else experience anything like this. It is a particularly unpleasant experience in traffic. I did read on this forum that this could be related to problems with the ESP programs in all liberties. Any suggestions?
  • budsjpbudsjp Posts: 25
    Your problem sounds exactly like mine that turned out to be a faulty wiring harness - kept shorting out - but would not show it and would somehow reinvent itself in time. Test: Have the engine running and jiggle the harness - if it goes out, it is probably a short there. Once replaced I have had no problems in over 10k miles.