Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good, Bad or Ugly - Current and Future styling trends of BMW

1303132333436»

Comments

• a10driver7a10driver7 Posts: 6
    Shipo,

Just "upgraded" from an 02' 525 to a CPO 03' 530 with a manual transmission. Finally took your posted advice from years ago. Can't believe I missed out all those years! Incredible car with the manual tranny. Agree wholeheartedly on your thoughts on the e39 vs e60. Like the discussions on the touchscreens as well. Hopefully BMW will see the (my) light. Also think the e60 looks a little fat compared to previous models.

Happy motoring,

A-10 Driver
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Finally I'm not the lone voice proclaiming the substantial differences that the 3.0 liter I6 coupled with a manual transmission make in the E39. A year or two back an E39 525iA owner told me that there was virtually no difference between his car and mine (and now yours) as far as acceleration was concerned and that I had wasted thousands of dollars paying for that "30" on the back of my car (and as such, I was a poseur). It was all I could do the keep myself from reaching through my computer and throttling him. ;-)

Congratulations on your new ride. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • a10driver7a10driver7 Posts: 6
    Shipo,

Interesting post. I was "shocked" at the acceleration difference between the 525iA and the 530i manual. Not even close. I did drive my brother-in-laws 530iA a few years back and could not tell a big difference between the two (525 vs 530) auto trannys. Your right, the manual really makes the difference and is very fun to drive. Clutch is perfect with regards to stiffness and response. Nice engineering by Munich.

Later, A-10 Driver
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    has been taking since 2002 for their styling direction their sales have been up so they must be doing something right. I see plenty of 06 3 Series in NJ.
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    Here's a current glimpse of the design process at BMW:

An Interview with BMW's Chief Designer
  • jlbljlbl Posts: 1,333
    I could personally like it at the end but… you may as well have a look at http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=CW&Dato=20070419&Kategori=PHO- - - TOS01&Lopenr=419001&Ref=PH

Regards,
    Jose
  • oscarb1oscarb1 Posts: 9
    is the bmw 7 series going to be redesigned anytime soon?
This discussion has been closed.