Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    glennmet said:

Looking at a MDX SH-AWD with Tech package (MSRP = $50,210; potential offer price = $46,000) in Massachusetts. We have $3,000 to $6,000 to reduce the capital cost (call it 3K). We are interested in 36 month lease at 15K miles per year. What is a reasonable monthly lease payment to expect (sales tax in MA is 6.25%)? What are current MF and residual values for this vehicle?

57% and .00063.
    glennmet said:

Follow-up question: is the residual value in dollars based off of the MSRP??

Residual is calculated off the MSRP (bottom line number of the window sticker).

We do not recommend making a cap cost reduction on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Using your prices, I get a payment of $563/mo with tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    glennmet said:

Looking at a MDX SH-AWD with Tech package (MSRP = $50,210; potential offer price = $46,000) in Massachusetts. We have $3,000 to $6,000 to reduce the capital cost (call it 3K). We are interested in 36 month lease at 15K miles per year. What is a reasonable monthly lease payment to expect (sales tax in MA is 6.25%)? What are current MF and residual values for this vehicle?

.00063 MF and 57% residual.

Due at signing: 1st payment, $595 acq.fee, title/registration fees. So... let's say $1700 for all that. With $3000 due at signing, that leaves $1300 for CAP cost reduction.

That gives $493/mo.+tax .. or about $524/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

glennmet said:

Residual percentage is always applied to the full MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• glennmetglennmet Member Posts: 11
    kyfdx said:

glennmet said:

Thank you Michaell and kyfdx. One final question. The residual value in this case (36 mos/15K) is $28,620. Is this the same as the cost to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease?
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Dealer here in San Jose telling me MF is now .00095 and 62% residual for mdx base. are these new numbers for October? This is 36 mos, 10 k per year. Thanks
    Michaell said:

glennmet said:

57% and .00063.
    glennmet said:

We do not recommend making a cap cost reduction on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Michaell, Rather than a cap cost reduction, does it make more sense to pay the sales tax at signing? We're trying to find a sensible way to get a monthly lease payment under $500. I admit, we may have to consider another vehicle such as a Honda Pilot.
    glennmet said:

kyfdx said:

glennmet said:

Thank you Michaell and kyfdx. One final question. The residual value in this case (36 mos/15K) is $28,620. Is this the same as the cost to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease?
    It should be.. But, you'd have to look at the lease documents. Some banks have a purchase option fee, just like they have a disposition fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

glennmet said:

Michaell said:

glennmet said:

57% and .00063.
    glennmet said:

Michaell, Rather than a cap cost reduction, does it make more sense to pay the sales tax at signing? We're trying to find a sensible way to get a monthly lease payment under $500. I admit, we may have to consider another vehicle such as a Honda Pilot.
    Not sure how MA applies tax. If they tax the monthly payment and collect it monthly, you won't have the option to pay it upfront. Either way, extra money paid upfront is at risk, if the vehicle is totaled. Paying money upfront to lower the monthly on a lease isn't really a cost savings.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kenger1kenger1 Member Posts: 22
    What should the residual / MF for a SH-AWD w/ Tech and AccuWatch. 36mo / 12k mile.
    kenger1 said:

What should the residual / MF for a SH-AWD w/ Tech and AccuWatch. 36mo / 12k mile.

59% and .00063

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• acldoveracldover Member Posts: 1
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech Lease in Mass (6.25% tax) 12k/36mo = MSRP of $50,210 "sale price" of $46,900 (maybe too high?) with roughly $1300 in accessories (bad deal I know given I pay for 100%, but I need roof rails). $1747 out of pocket (first month + fees...$1100 in fees?). Lease price quoted is $599.81 (incl. tax of $3036.08). Does this sound ok? Thanks!
    acldover said:

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech Lease in Mass (6.25% tax) 12k/36mo = MSRP of $50,210 "sale price" of $46,900 (maybe too high?) with roughly $1300 in accessories (bad deal I know given I pay for 100%, but I need roof rails). $1747 out of pocket (first month + fees...$1100 in fees?). Lease price quoted is $599.81 (incl. tax of $3036.08). Does this sound ok? Thanks!

.00063 MF and 59% residual.

$595 acquisition fee + title/registration + dealer (garbage) fee? Not too hard to get to $1100.

I get $528/mo.+tax. If MA taxes the monthly payment, that seems a little high. Unless, the $1300 in accessories is in addition to the $46,900? If so, pretty close. If you want lower, shoot for a lower price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pekkleivpekkleiv Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone share what should be the BEST lease price for this vehicle, 36 months/12k, no add ons, no cap cost, just taxes, title & fees?
    I am located in NYC. Anything else I should know about before going into dealer? I've been trying to get prices via email but only a few have sent them and they are in the mid $500s.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    pekkleiv said:

Can anyone share what should be the BEST lease price for this vehicle, 36 months/12k, no add ons, no cap cost, just taxes, title & fees?
    I am located in NYC. Anything else I should know about before going into dealer? I've been trying to get prices via email but only a few have sent them and they are in the mid $500s.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The lease payment is determined primarily by the selling price you are able to negotiate. Read back through the last few pages of this discussion to see what other members have been able to achieve.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• saitarprosaitarpro Member Posts: 9
    Hi kyfdx,
    Can i get MF and Residual for a 2016 MDX AWD+Tech in NY 10K/12K/15k/Yr on a 36 month lease?

Thank you.
    saitarpro said:

Hi kyfdx,
    Can i get MF and Residual for a 2016 MDX AWD+Tech in NY 10K/12K/15k/Yr on a 36 month lease?

Thank you.

57% and .00063 for 36/15.

Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• arachnid1337arachnid1337 Member Posts: 9
    Hello! I'm new here, lots of great info on this forum!

I was curious if I could please get a money factor/residual on a 10k lease in PA:
    2016 MDX+AWD+Advance package
    2016 RDX+AWD+Advance package

I was also curious if these values changed at all if there were different packages/options chosen.

Thanks!

Hello! I'm new here, lots of great info on this forum!

I was curious if I could please get a money factor/residual on a 10k lease in PA:
    2016 MDX+AWD+Advance package
    2016 RDX+AWD+Advance package

I was also curious if these values changed at all if there were different packages/options chosen.

Thanks!

MDX - 60% and .00063

RDX - 62% and .00101

The base model of both cars have different numbers. Everything else is as I've quoted above

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    What should be the lease  on  mdx awd with Acura watch (negotiated price44,499.00) 12k per year, 3k down. I am in Pacific Northwest. Top credit score.
    antons911 said:

What should be the lease  on  mdx awd with Acura watch (negotiated price44,499.00) 12k per year, 3k down. I am in Pacific Northwest. Top credit score.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Awd with watch plus is 46365 from manufacturer website.
    kyfdx said:

antons911 said:

What is the MSRP?
    antons911 said:

Awd with watch plus is 46365 from manufacturer website.

$521.48/mo + tax using those prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• avolavol Member Posts: 7
    Could you pls tell me the money factor and residual for 2016 MDX AWD w/tech? Thanks. 
  • avolavol Member Posts: 7
    Forgot to say: 48 month lease and both 12 10k miles per year.
    avol said:
    Could you pls tell me the money factor and residual for 2016 MDX AWD w/tech? Thanks. 
    avol said:
    .00063 and 51% or 52% 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

avol said:

avol said:

.00063 MF and 51%/52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bellubellu Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2015
    Did the Money Factor and Residual values changed for the month of Nov (MDX SH-AWD Tech/Ent)
    bellu said:

Did the Money Factor and Residual values changed for the month of Nov (MDX SH-AWD Tech/Ent)

New Acura numbers start tomorrow. We should have them later this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

saitarpro said:

Hi kyfdx,

Thank you.

57% and .00063 for 36/15.

Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K
    Thank you very much Michaell. I could not strike a deal last month so waiting for November numbers as well.
    acldover said:

acldover, we just leased the exact same vehicle with roof racks at Prime Acura for $561 per month. However, our lease is 15k/36mo and we put down $3,500. The "sales price" was $46,410.
    Can someone explain what is the point of paying extra for 15k miles if you can sell the car in case you go over your miles, besides the car will still be worth more than payout? It makes more sense to pay for 12k and put money aside in case car will be worth less to pay the difference.
    antons911 said:

Can someone explain what is the point of paying extra for 15k miles if you can sell the car in case you go over your miles, besides the car will still be worth more than payout? It makes more sense to pay for 12k and put money aside in case car will be worth less to pay the difference.

I'm not sure I understand your question. You want to get the number of miles you think you will drive each year.

Rarely is the car worth more than the residual value at the end of the lease.

It's more expensive to pay for the miles at the end of the lease rather than at the beginning.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2015
    True, but its also cheaper to sell the car to another dealer rather than return the lease and pay for miles, scratches, etc. By selling, you will get market value for the car, which for Honda,Toyota Lexus and Acura is usually higher than remaining payments + buy out (at least that was my experience) 
    saitarpro said:

Hi kyfdx,

Thank you.

.00044 MF and 59%/58%/56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2015
    Thank you kyfdx. What does change in MF from 0.00063 to 0.00044 signify? Does it give any additional room for negotiation? 
  • newbie695newbie695 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, Can I get the November numbers and dealer cash for a base MDX AWD 36/12 and 36/15?

Thanks! 
    saitarpro said:

Thank you kyfdx. What does change in MF from 0.00063 to 0.00044 signify? Does it give any additional room for negotiation? 

Those are the base rates for October and November. Means that borrowing the money for the lease is cheaper this month.

Can't negotiate those amounts any lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

newbie695 said:

Hi, Can I get the November numbers and dealer cash for a base MDX AWD 36/12 and 36/15?

Thanks! 

.00060 and 58% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zaaaaaaazaaaaaaa Member Posts: 2
    AWD Tech in PA 36/12k anyone have Nov numbers? Oct 30 I was offered this deal and turned it down for 36 months 12k.

$550 down and $587/mo all in first month paid. Thoughts? Thank you!
    zaaaaaaa said:

AWD Tech in PA 36/12k anyone have Nov numbers? Oct 30 I was offered this deal and turned it down for 36 months 12k.

$550 down and $587/mo all in first month paid. Thoughts? Thank you!

November numbers - .00044 and 58%.

Would need to know the MSRP and selling prices of your offer to comment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zaaaaaaazaaaaaaa Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Michaell.

MSRP $50,210 Price to me $46,880
    zaaaaaaa said:

Thank you Michaell.

MSRP $50,210 Price to me $46,880

I get $527/mo + tax with those prices; if your tax is 9%, then the final payment is $574/mo.

Find out what the net cap cost is .. if higher than the selling price, find out what's been added.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bellubellu Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2015
    Could I get the Money Factor and Residual values for Nov (MDX SH-AWD Tech/Ent) - 10K and 12K for 36 months
    bellu said:

Could I get the Money Factor and Residual values for Nov (MDX SH-AWD Tech/Ent) - 10K and 12K for 36 months

.00044 and 58% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 92gsr258992gsr2589 Member Posts: 5
    Whats  good selling price for a sh-awd tech w/ent. In Pa got one quote for 49k and change the same number tru car gave me. Is their more room?
    92gsr2589 said:

Whats  good selling price for a sh-awd tech w/ent. In Pa got one quote for 49k and change the same number tru car gave me. Is their more room?

Sorry, I don't track selling prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ediemikeediemike Member Posts: 1
    Can I get the MF and residual for a Base FWD 36/15k in Florida?

Thanks.
    ediemike said:

Can I get the MF and residual for a Base FWD 36/15k in Florida?

Thanks.

58% and .00060

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• odessit2odessit2 Member Posts: 18
    Numbers on SH-AWD with Advanced package, please! 24/15 and 36/15. Thank you!
    odessit2 said:

Numbers on SH-AWD with Advanced package, please! 24/15 and 36/15. Thank you!

.00044 MF and 63%/56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator