Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Dakota Problems/Fixes

2»

Comments

• mk39mk39 Posts: 18
    Took our Dakota in for the intermittant turn-signal problem at 35,990 miles. They couldn't duplicate the problem (neither can I - it just happens) and couldn't find any clues as to what the cause was. Told me to bring it back when I can make it happen.

Read in the newspaper about a recall on 01-03 Dakota's with manual transmissions (ours is) where the clutch rubs the wires that control the turn signals, horn, and headlights and can cause them to fail. Sounded suspiciously like it could be related to our problem. According to the dealer, our VIN is not on a recall list and I need to just wait to see if a recall notice shows up in my mailbox. Also got an "I'm sure they did" answer when I asked if they had checked that particular wire. Let's just say I wasn't convinced. They say there are only 150 trucks nationwide on that particular recall list. Does anyone know of a phone number for more information on this recall?
  • mk39mk39 Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. I found the recall - 50,082 trucks affected. Could be mine is one of them. I'll call today -
2»
This discussion has been closed.