Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sportage 2005 and newer

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    so just to clarify something, will the 05 Kia SUV be named the Kia Sportage or the Kia Sportsman?
    ·
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,731
    will be called Sportage! Not Sportsman, like I always refer to my 2001 Kia Sportage 4x4 SUV as. I can't wait to see this new Sportage and read all about it, and, yes, test drive it!

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

·
    I get it now. Thanks for clarifying that issue.
    ·
    are you also interested in the 2005 Kia Sportage? Or just mildly curious?

·
  • xgbtxgbt Posts: 28
    I recently wrote to Kia Canada and got their confirmation that 'the (new) Sportage will be unveiling in September at the Paris Auto Show we are expecting to have them on sale by year end'. =)
    ·
    Paris Auto Show then they're probably not going to be out in the U.S.much before year's end, either. Seems to me they were going to be out a little earlier. Looking forward to the event whenever it eventually occurs. Thanks for the update!

·
  • sjoosjoo Posts: 7
    These Spotages are waiting in the lot...

http://donga.encar.com/newcommunity/allboard/jsp/Qry.jsp
    ·
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,934
    Your link produces an error!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

·
    I tried to go there but got nothing. Can that link be improved? Love to see more new Sportage pics!

·
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,788
    I saw the pictures from other Kia discussion site. I don't know if Edmunds won't allow me to say which one. The pictures show a new Sportage in the factory plant. They don't like a spy photos to me. It is exactly the same as the Hyundai Tucson (currently sold in Korea), except with the Kia emblem.

Question - Will the next Sportage replacement get a new name? Some said Kia will name after a Italian city's name. I like Sportage better.
    ·
  • geo4geo4 Posts: 3
    Hello from Greece

I visited the Greek dealer site. it say that the new Sportage will come on September.

So I believe it will keep its name
    ·
    I already wondered that and went to the Kia site. Kia will call the new 2005 Kia Sportage the Kia Sportage. Sounds redundant, but they said that the original mini-SUV that Kia made famous in the Sportage must remain to keep consumer identity worldwide. So, there you have it. Sportage it is. My 2001 is running like the true champion it is.

·
    Sorry for the last broken link.
    They change the web site content frequently...So, Check fast.

http://www.megaauto.com/contents/view.php3?menu_id=1&id=20376- &topmenu_id=1

Above Web has Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage Photo at same page. (Left-Tucson and Right-Sportage)
    ·
    Sorry for the last broken link.
    They change the web site content frequently...So, Check fast.

http://www.megaauto.com/contents/view.php3?menu_id=1&id=20376- &topmenu_id=1

Above Web has Hyundai Tucson annd Kia Sportage Photo at the same page. (Left-Tucson and Right-Sportage)
    ·
    I want to know everything I can about it. Hopefully manual transmission will still be offered on the new Sportage. I would be interested in a red or silver-blue new-world-order Sportage with 5-speed manual transmission. I don't need the part-time AWD but I'm curious how much extra cash it is for it. Kia designers seem to have done it again...they've made a superior looking SUV body, filled it with state-of-the-art equipment and they're going to sell it for less with the best warranty in the business. Whoo-hoo!

·
    picture links in there. Those are the best pictures yet of the 2005 Kia Sportage. I want one, for sure. Metallic red or maybe silver for color. We should be getting a microsite from Kia any day now since this pup goes on sale in a month or two, huh?

·
    are at this link to Kia's International site. It looks like production of the 2005 Kia Sportage for the NA market begins in October of 2004. No word on prices yet. Has anyone talked to their Kia dealer yet about new Sportage pricing?

http://www.kiamotors.com/UVehiclesNewsWeb/KmceVn01_VehiclesNewsRe- - ad.aspx?Idx=229

·
  • pitbouvpitbouv Posts: 7
    Could someone direct me where to find the specs on the new Sportage? I looked on the Kia site and the pics look GOOD, but couldn't find specs such as exterior and interior measurements. I am interested to see just how much ground clearance this Kia has as my old 2002 Sportage was wonderful. (Sadly, it was totaled in a multi-car accident and I walked away with relatively minor injuries in respect to the severity of the hits the poor Kia sustained). Also... I see that it will be AWD, rather than the manually engaged 4WD. Does anyone know if there is a manual override to lock in 4x4 mode like the system on the Escape/Tribute?
    ·
    Sportage with the 2.0L 4 cylinder will be available in AWD only and 5-speed manual transmission. Works well for me! Will keep looking for clearance specs online and at Kia dealerships. Anyone find anything about the 2005 Kia Sportage please post it here!

·
    success of this new 2005 Kia Sportage in its domestic market. Gonna want more information all the time on this great looking new compact, yet roomy SUV.

http://www.kiamotors.com/UVehiclesNewsWeb/KmceVn01_VehiclesNewsRe- - - ad.aspx?Idx=231

LOOKS GOOD IN BLUE! WHOO-HOO! GET 'ER DONE!

·
  • with side-curtain airbags and 2.0L 4-cylinder engine with 4WD available as an option. That little tidbit of information has solidly put this new rig as #1 on my list. Oh, the Long-Haul Warranty is still available? These guys are absolutely incredible.

·
  • geo4geo4 Posts: 3
    These are the prices in Greece for new Sportage:

2.0 EX 26.500

2.0 EX (with BCB) 27.000

2.0 EX FULL 28.900

2.0 EX FULL (with BCB) 29.400

2.0 EX DIESEL 28.800

2.0 EX DIESEL (with BCB) 29.300

2.7 EX FULL AUTO 32.500

2.7 EX FULL AUTO (with BCB) 33.000

Prices in Euro

What is BCB????
    ·
  • I just read in a weekly car magazine that the '05 Sportage will be offered with a 2.4L inline 4, the 2.7 V6, and a 2.0L turbo diesel. Can this be true?? I was crushed to learn that the diesel option on the Jeep Liberty will add about $8000 to the price (the source of this information is from that same weekly car magazine).

Does anyone anyone else heard about this? I never imagined that I would desire so badly a Kia!!
    ·
  • a 2005 Kia Sportage off the truck and on the lot yet?

·
    The latest issue of Motor Trend has an article about the Sportage I think. (not quite sure)
    ·
  • I knew it was too good to be true....

Autoweek published a correction in this week's issue saying that the Sportage will NOT offer a diesel option in the US. Too bad.
    ·
  • I thought the new Sportage is FWD or AWD. But in the 2004 California International Auto Show coverage by Motor Trends, it is listed as rear drive or AWD (http://motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_0410_cias_autoshow/- index2.html).

What's right?
    ·
  • I thought the new Sportage is FWD or AWD. But in the 2004 California International Auto Show coverage by Motor Trends, it is listed as rear drive or AWD (http://motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_0410_cias_autoshow/- index2.html).

What's right?
    ·
  • and there will be an available AWD option, from what I read earlier about it.

·