Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Ranger AND Toyota Tacoma AND others

midnight_stangmidnight_stang Posts: 862
edited March 6 in Ford
Ok, a new approach to a old idea/forum.

We had an old forum that involved a discussion of Ford Ranger vs Toyota Tacoma. There was plenty of good and bad times there, but I think at the core of it we had a group of individuals who enjoyed the conversation. So in the light of sharing ideas about compact trucks in general, and also having some fun, let's keep this forum civil. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• kbtoyskbtoys Posts: 62
    I agree I stopped coming to edmunds after they closed the thread. I enjoyed reading the thread, and even thou there where some heated posts there was a lot of useful information too. Also you all can check my Tacoma at
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/kbtoys
  • sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Posts: 897
    This is mine, back when it was stock height.
    Here
    Who made your sliders?
    TX TTORA members in San Antonio. I didn't buy them from AJ or Demello...was too much. Mine were essentially a prototype for an Xtracab, so they cost me only $150 alltogether.
  • The minute this forum gets outta control, it'll be gone faster than you can say "D'oh!"

It might just be shut down on principal.

Obi
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    BUT... if it turns into a pissing contest, you are correct, it will be shut down.

Carry on!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    If you have a question about how the boards are moderated, please use email and we can discuss it there. Leave the boards for discussion of the trucks!

Thanks for your cooperation and participation!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    and we'll try not to turn this into a urinating contest ;)
  • Good to see some familair faces come back...

I am debating my first performace mod to my truck. I am think a set of Ceramic coated JBA Headers would be a good start. My truck is only barely over 4 months old, but I think I would enjoy the extra power... :) Can never have enough... Poor thing got a few dings in the roof from golf ball sized hail. My bed rails look fine, but amazingly the hood was perfect! The raised "power dome" hood found on Edge and XLT models are fiberglass.
    We had a guy in Dallas area who had his brand new Taco with 8000 miles on it all banged up.
  • Well I got him beat... still under 2500 miles... :'(
    I ran out there with a blanket to cover it up halfway through the ordeal. I got thunked pretty good a couple of times just trying to protect my truck. I still have yet to wash it to see the full extent of dents. Hopefully the good ole Texas heat will pop out the majority of them. My truck got off lucky, compared to some other vehicles I see in the area...
  • krisak26krisak26 Posts: 6
    Does anybody know when the next generation Ranger is due out. I have heard anywhere from 3 to 4 years but with Dodge, Chevrolet, and Toyota debuting all new trucks in the next year or so, Will the old design be able to compete.
  • 2005 OR 2006 before any major redesign.
  • dmoulddmould Posts: 76
    For 2004, basically the only changes are a new grill, new seats, and an optional 290 watt sound system with a sub (not the Tremor).
    The next major redesign will probably be 2006.
  • ronmcqronmcq Posts: 16
    Hi, I've posted this in the other Ranger board also but...
    I was close to purchasing an '03 Ranger Super Cab with the 4cyl 5spd for light duty hauling and commuting. The 29mpg highway looks very appealing. I decided the cab was a bit cramped and thought an extra cab would provide more dry storage and seating for the young ones. The problem is Ford only makes the X cab in 6cyl. Looking thru this site on a whim I found Mazda does have the X cab 4cyl available. Does anyone have any experience with this setup and are the posted mpg figures achievable? I don't need it for towing as I have a V10 F250 for that. They're also offering a $3500 rebate thru this month making it look more attractive. Sorry for the long post and Thanks,
    Ron
  • tbunder1tbunder1 Posts: 257
    you guys back again.
    i guess this current ranger design just won't die. i wonder if it's sales numbers will stay #1 with all these other new trucks coming out.i think i'll go the new F150 route unless the new tacoma doesn't look like the new forerunner.
  • saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    ... when will the new F-150s hit the dealers?
  • tbunder1tbunder1 Posts: 257
    it is supposed to be out this fall. probably by august or so. it is an awesome truck imo.
  • Hopefully my insurance company will write me a nice check for the hail damage. I will then goto paintless dent repair, and have them pop out the dents, and maybe have enough left over for a cat back and line-x. My parents accord had an estimated $2200 damage, and they got a check for that minus deductable... Sweet! I won't get as much, but hopefully over 1 grand...
    I got lucky we did not get any hail damage, but lot of people I know did. Hope everthing works out.
  • Got a check for $411 bucks! Let's see if the bank will let me spend it, or if I'll be forced to fix the truck... If I do, it'll be paintless dent repair.
    Where is everybody? It's been quite here. Well just put some BFG MT 32's on my Tacoma and they are sweet. Here is a pic

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/256000-256999/256584_41_- full.jpg
    Waiting for my next paycheck to buy new rims and launch a new set of upgrades before the end of July, when TTORA is going out to Gilmer, TX, for 3 days of TTORA TakeOver.
    Ya I was thinking about going to the takeover but that would be a long drive from Ohio. I will have to take a pic of my new mod I did to my truck. It is great when camping.
  • Truck is looking good KB! There is nothing like fresh tires to have fun with. So what's this latest mod of yours?

My truck is only about to get it's 2nd oil change, just got clear corners on the front, got my hail damage fixed, added a 4 channel (75x4rms) amplifier, and will be ordering a gibson exhaust this week. I am quite supprised how well the stock CD-Changer handles about 800 total watts in amplifiers using a 4 channel line converter. No static, or distortion, but I do think I have my regular cab filled up with about all the electronics it can fit.
    2ND OIL CHANGE! It's still a baby. Well what I added was a power invertor and worked out great when I went camping last month. Used it to power the blender to make marquarites. Can't go camping with out making frozen drinks. The only problem now is if someone where to glance inside my truck they might mistake the invertor for a stereo amplfier. Oh-well I have a surprise for whoever breaks in. I as a few pizeo sirens inside the cab, and strobelights on the outside. What kind of am is you 4 channel? I am in the market to replace my amp.
  • Was a Jensen LXA600 (I believe) 75watt RMS x4. I saw it at walmart on sale for 120 bucks. It may have been a model from last year or something, but since I am building a house early next year I need all the money I can get. I hooked it up last weekend and was suprised everything was hooked up right the first time and no interference or eletronic hum. The sucker is loud, and actually overkill for my speakers. So I have my gain set to about 10-15% which makes for a very cool running amplifier. That is a must because it's behind the seats in a regular cab...

imagehttp://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/329000-329999/329486_33_- -full.jpg
    bump, come on, we need some more flames here!
  • It was a V6, extended cab, but he drove it like an jerk and deserved it. One of those guys who pass you 100 feet before the stoplight only to cut in front of you so he doesn't have to be behind anyone. If he was in such a hurry, he sure did take off slow. So at the next stoplight I pulled up next to him, and he jumped the light by a fraction of second. He got about a 2 foot lead, but then I walked right by. By third he was nothing but a memory.

Flame away... :)
This discussion has been closed.