Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-2X

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    roomy enough for a 7 passenger crossover?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They'd have to stretch it, probably.

Equinox is big outside, but it is terribly inefficient when it comes to use of space. Have you seen those cargo towers? They take up half the potential cargo space.

-juice
    Saturn put up a sneek peek of its upcoming Outlook Midsized Crossover.

I wonder if Saab could get a version...
    What platform is that on? The Rendezvous?

-juice
    I don't know. The Rendezvous/Aztek platform is too old.

I think its Lambda. That's supposed to be coming out 2008/2009 anyways.
  • I am looking at the new WRXs but I sure like the looks of the Saab 9-2X much better. The corporate site is still showing the 2005 model with no info on the 2006. Does anybody know if it is going to get the 2.5L turbo like the new WRX? I have driven a 2.5L turbo in a Forrester a few years ago and was very impressed with the drivetrain, of course it was ugly as all hell but in the Saab 9-2X it would perform as well as it looked. Getting anxious to replace my beater car with something fun and good looking.
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,546
    Yes, its powertrain going to be the same as 06 Impreza. Thus: new engine, same exterior interior as 05. Price: larger destination charge, thus almost unchaged. As you know there were huge discounts on it in summer (up to $7K on Aero), but probably not now for 06, anyway. If you wait long enough, you may get a good one again. However, the volume is very small, so it is a wash: wait too long - you may not get what you want. Wait too short - you learn your neighbor paid 1/4 less than you. There was a press release couple of month ago, see:
    http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewm- - onthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=503&docid=17195

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• I don't see much information on the 06 92-x. Will these ever be at dealer showrooms, or is the model dropped? If still to be a current model it seems they are missing a big part of the model year...
    will be produced for 2006, they just haven't hit showrooms yet. (either that or Saab is slow at updating their website)

The GM Fleet e-catalog has a 2006 9-2X listed. (go to www.gmfleet.com and poke around a little)
    It would compare more closely to a Jetta GLI, so for the price of a base Jetta, I'd prefer the 9-2x.

VW has heavily subsidized leases, though. I still would trust the reliability of the Subaru powertrain over the VeeDub.

-juice
    It Exists! Saab has updated its 9-2X page on its website.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    Wow... I just checked earlier this week, and all they had was info on the '05.... I thought it was done for, as well...

Just "built-my-own".. with everything except automatic... Right at $32K.. I wonder how long it will take for the $7000 incentives to kick in.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Only three colors... Red, Silver and Black on the Aero... On the base model, you can get also get gray, blue, and a different silver, in addition to the other colors...

In the summer time maybe? Is GM going to bring back the GM Employee Pricing For Everyone campaign to clean house again in June?
  • wolftimwolftim Posts: 34
    I wouldn't count on discounts that would match last years. All the info I have heard is that GM hopes to get away from the huge discounts by lowering the total price of the vehicles. As to if the total cost reduction, I haven't heard how it will compare.
    Well.. they need to get busy, then... Because the '06 model has the same high price as the '05 did... I know they lowered the price on a lot of cars, but I don't think they touched Saab...

Last May, people were buying loaded '05 Aero models for $8600 off of MSRP..

• dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,546
    If I'm not mistaken, there is already a 3 grand (dealer or customer) on it, and it just came.

The only reason of not giving bogger discounts would be no supply, i.e. if they're are able to terminate delivery contract with FHI. We don't know when it is supposed to end and how many units they've contracted, so it is a guesswork now.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

They lowered the prices on the 9-5 and 9-3, but I'm not sure they paid any attention to the 9-7X and the 9-2X.
    It's all on paper until we see one.

-juice
    I did. NAIAS 2006. It was built in July 2005.
    Cool, so now we know for sure.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    I've got an '06 9-2X brochure. :)

Bob
  • cbmortoncbmorton Posts: 252
    So do I. The dealer here has four '06s on the lot. No Aero model in Canada for '06. Base price on the Linear dropped by CDN$2300 from '05.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    No Canadian Aero? Why?

Bob
    it was hidden between the barrier dividing Saab from Suzuki and the background behind the 9-7X, so I guess you could say they didn't want to emphasize it.

It was an Aero though, so America definitely has the Aero for 2006.
  • cbmortoncbmorton Posts: 252
    Beats me, I haven't talked to a dealer about it. Perhaps volume was so low they could only justify the one model for 2006. So they cut the price, tweaked the features (e.g., you can now get the Xenon lights on it here, unlike last year) and now it's just the 9-2X, no Linear or Aero.
    The one I saw at NAIAS was definitely an Aero, and I think they are keeping both 2.5i and Aero.

I don't know why its down to 1 model in Canada though...
  • I went to the dealership last Wednesday and saw only one new 9-2X, and it was a linear. I also saw what I would assume was a totaled 2005 Aero, but I can't be sure. So I guess they are out there but it is slim pickings.
    Has the discounting frenzy that happened last year started yet on the 9-2X? That was an effective way of cleaning out all the inventory sitting around.
  • mikeg444mikeg444 Posts: 17
    I am with you on that one. I am all over a 2006 9-2x Aero when hopefully GM brings out some good discounts. Right now they are offering $3000 cash or 4.9% for 72 months. Not bad but I am hoping to pick one up close to last years prices.

Anyone have any thoughts on leasing versus buying? I bring this up only cause I here they might not be making the 9-2x after this year and I'm not sure I want to be stuck with a car no longer in production.
This discussion has been closed.