Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Jeep Cherokee Prices Paid and Buying Experience

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited May 2015 in Jeep
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Jeep Cherokee purchase experiences. If you've recently purchased a 2015 Cherokee, please share your experience here.

If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2015 Jeep Cherokee Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Jeep Cherokee page.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• jjcrawlerjjcrawler Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for confirming this info, and unfortunately it is true that the sales tax in Texas is applied to the full value of the car. But I'm finding it difficult to figure out how they got to 507/mth from a pre-tax of $436.40.

Sales tax at 6.25% on $34,995 is $2,187.19.
    So the monthly payment including tax should be (and correct me if I'm wrong)
    ($2,187.19 / 36 months) = $60.76
    Then $60.76 + $436.40 = $497.10 / mth

So I'm thinking they are adding fees in the monthly payment to get it to $507/mth... what do you think?

Supposedly, if I decide to keep the car at the end of the lease, I would pay the residual value ($19,520.25) but not sales taxes on this, since I would have already paid it during the last 36 months

Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    jjcrawler said:
    Thanks for confirming this info, and unfortunately it is true that the sales tax in Texas is applied to the full value of the car. But I'm finding it difficult to figure out how they got to 507/mth from a pre-tax of $436.40. Sales tax at 6.25% on $34,995 is $2,187.19. So the monthly payment including tax should be (and correct me if I'm wrong) ($2,187.19 / 36 months) = $60.76 Then $60.76 + $436.40 = $497.10 / mth So I'm thinking they are adding fees in the monthly payment to get it to $507/mth... what do you think? Supposedly, if I decide to keep the car at the end of the lease, I would pay the residual value ($19,520.25) but not sales taxes on this, since I would have already paid it during the last 36 months Thanks
    I agree that there may be extra fees added in that is inflating your payment. Ask the dealer for the net cap cost before taxes, and get them to explain how they got to that number from the selling price. 

I don't know how sales tax works if you decide to buy out the lease. You can check the Texas department of revenue website for more information. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• punklegpunkleg Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a new 2016 Cherokee Limited with no options for $7.800 off of MSRP.  CA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    punkleg said:

I just bought a new 2016 Cherokee Limited with no options for $7.800 off of MSRP.  CA

That's amazing.. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator