Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3

Comments

• bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Now I like it even more! If they manage to keep prices close to current levels, then it is on my short list. :shades:
  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,327
    Pictures look great. Not enough changes to make me want to trade in my 2004...which was purchased. I do like the two tone interior and the platinum paint.

Last week I rented a Suburban. Was going to travel for 2 hours on a logging road. Asked for a Jeep but got this monster truck.
    It was unbelievable...it was so good to get back into the X3 after this experience.
    Just a brief synopsis;
    *Climbing in and out is an adventure, especially for my wife,
    *Even though there is a huge centre console the gear shift leaver is on the column. It is made out of tubular steel...looks like an old crank or something from Ikea to put furniture together,
    *The inside door handles are hiding directly under the armrests where you can hardly reach them. The handle looks like more of that tubular steel and actually protrudes from a hole punched in the door,
    *Parking is another adventure. Don't even attempt parallel parking. At the mall just go to the edge of the lot and use two spaces or a space on the edge where no one is across for you, or you might not get out,
    *dash is made from cheap plastic with tiny buttons. With all that room inside, the dash is huge and rises so the view ahead is not great, and the design makes no sense...just plain ugly with hills and valleys that are supposed to do something...look beautiful I suppose.

Good features are a digital compass built right into the mirror, and if you are on a logging road it is truly built like a tank. Which leads us to the light steering and absolute NO feeling of the road.

It makes you really appreciate the X3. :D

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

Hey Mark...would Tina like to comment on this poor fellow on the "Will 2006 Styling Save GM"?

A week ago I purchased a new G6 convertible. I got a call yesterday from the finance manager that says I must bring the car back because the 0% interest I got doesn't apply to this car. I must drive 200 miles to take the car back, taking it back on Wednesday. They are trying to get me a new interest rate now. I like the car but I am not sure what I should tell them to get the deal I want. It is legal for them to tell me to bring the car back. I can get my old car back (if they still have it) which they wouldn't tell me. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or have any advice for me? Let me know if I should post somewhere else or what also.

See Will Styling Save GM to reply if you care to, or anyone else with legal knowledge!

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,048
    While it is true that my wife is a lawyer, I seriously doubt she could render any advice other than the same advice that a reasonably well informed non-lawyer could render.

She does not practice in that area and would be ill advised to offer "legal" advice even if she did. My best guess is that she could point you to resources that might help you and possibly she would suggest you retain (as in "hire") an attorney or use your present lawyer(assuming you have one.)

I am certain she could give an opinion as a well educated and experienced person -- but this forum is not really for that. Besides, any comment she would make, I am certain, would be an opinion and although it might be well-informed it certainly would not be the basis for any response on your part.

If this is a really important issue for you, you should, as a matter of prudence, contact your own lawyer, pay for the advice and take it or leave it.

I am assuming that she wants to engage in conversation about the cars (the X3 in particular), not even attempt to render anything that would even remotely be called legal advice.

I could be wrong, as far as I know, she has not seen my "opinion" nor my advice, such that it is, here.

She's asleep probably by now.

:shades:
    No problem...thanks for taking the time to answer.

Most professionals probably don't mind giving a bit of general advice or a suggestion what to look for or look out for but that is certainly a personal or professional decision.

Although the problem was not directly related to X3's the reason I wrote was as a learning experience for fellow posters....because this could be useful information one day for anyone.

I rarely speak for my wife. I never speak for her as an attorney.

I know she checks in here; patience is a virtue.

My guess is she will not be participating here in any capacity other than as an X3 owner / operator.

:surprise:

Listen, when I seek legal services, I "hire" another lawyer -- not my wife.

Just seems to be an appropriate course of action. :shades:
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    I can almost guarantee that no attorney will even hazard a guess until he/she has had an opportunity examine the signed purchase and finance contracts. The contracts may provide an "out" for the dealer- but again they may not. I'd certainly have an attorney look them over before I made the 200 mile trip to the dealer...
    I'd certainly have an attorney look them over before I made the 200 mile trip to the dealer...

I agree, and I don't expect free legal advice or for a solution without reading the contract. However, a professional could say what to look for in the contract and give some general advice, such as....
    *see if the contract was dependent on financing being approved,
    *don't take the car back until you talk to a lawyer
    *if you do return the car make sure you are protected in getting your car back...watch what you sign
    *watch out for a bait and switch, such as "we couldn't get 0% financing but we will do it at a special dealer rate of 20% or we can give you low monthly payments (they might last for 6 years)",
    *Get financing arranged before you take the car back so if you don't get the 0% you won't just accept their terms.
    *Maybe the deal is fine and the dealer is on the hook because the contract is signed and they made the mistake thinking this car was included in the 0% financing sale.
    Once again, I don't expect a full legal answer and I know a lawyer has to see the agreement to comment on it.

(By the way I was only half joking when I asked Marks wife to comment, she might be too busy, have no interest in this, be in another type of field, it might be too much like work, etc. It was an invitation to comment if she would care too. On the other hand it was placed here just for general knowledge and to make everyone a little wiser hopefully...besides there's not much else going on around here lately). ;)

"Listen, when I seek legal services, I "hire" another lawyer -- not my wife."

Especially if it is concerning a divorce! :P ;)
    "Listen, when I seek legal services, I "hire" another lawyer -- not my wife."

A wise man indeed!

Do you do wills by the way? :confuse:

Nope, I am not a lawyer. My field is information technology; ERP systems selection, implementation and support. Of course, my wife doesn't use me to support our home ERP system either (as if.)

I believe my wife is interested in BMW's, X3's and driving in particular and will be a willing participant on many aspects of those matters.

Of course, I do not speak for her, but I do have an inside track to information and I doubt my insights are too far off the mark.

Ask her about driving schools, stick shifts and how much she loves her X3 -- now those are topics she will probably be quite eager to address.

11:25PM in Cincinnati -- over and out for tonight.
  • bargamonbargamon Posts: 302
    But I stayed at a holiday inn Express last nite.......

Read all the fine print in the contracts. Any questions you may have might reside in it.

Do you have a contract with them that states 0%?????

And what are the conditions?

basically once the deal is done its done. I have seen mistakes made and the dealer just eats it.

Now, on the other hand we all make mistakes and you have to ask youself what was the deciding factore for buying the car? Interest rate? And if so, would you not have bought it otherwise? Ok, the dealer is human and made a mistake, are you gonna hold them to it, or reach in and pay up?

What is the cost added if they give you a "new rate"?

Can you strike a compromise with them?

Do you want to screw them? What would make you happy?

Why they need you to come back? Can't they overnite you the paperwork? Get the finance dummy to drive to you?

Is this a morals lesson? INteresting subject!

Keep us posted and good luck.
    Thank you bargamon,

Like your reply...good solid information. Much appreciated.

Particularly like; Why they need you to come back? Can't they overnite you the paperwork?

It did not happen to me personally..it is a poster on another form, but if we hear the outcome we'll report back.

I just got finished fitting the front splash guards to my wife's truck. It was dead easy, taking all of one hour. The only tool I had to buy was a rivet gun designed for plastic rivets. The directions advise that you remove the front wheels, but it's not really necessary. I will have to remove the wheels in order to fit the rear guards,but I'm saving that job for when I install the BMW trailer hitch. At that time I'll also be fitting a new rear bumper to replace the one that was scratched in a local parking lot by an incompetent tourist(he lied to his adjuster, but fortunately I had the police report-after the adjuster looked it over he was all too happy to cut a check for just $211).
    Splash guards are probably a nice touch. Are they rubber, white or black? Or chrome?

They are matte anthracite which matches the lower body cladding exactly.
    Never thought I'd see the day when splash guards are discussed on a BMW thread! :surprise: ;) Thought I had wandered by mistake onto a Honda Fit thread, where armrest is the current hot topic of discussion! :blush: :confuse:
    Splash guards are probably a nice touch. Are they rubber, white or black? Or chrome?

Personally, I am too lazy and incompetent to add any after market items. But I think splash guards actually could look attractive, and are probably quite useful.

They aren't aftermarket items. They are OEM BMW accessories:
    My wife likes her truck to stay clean. Since our private gravel driveway is over 2600 feet long, I know that the guards help quite a bit-I also fitted BMW guards to her E36 and E39.
    Never thought I'd see the day when splash guards are discussed on a BMW thread!

Sorry, I don't know proper etiquette for BMW ownership.
    Why would you say that, although I think I get the point.

Personally, I am too lazy and incompetent to add any after market items. But I think splash guards actually could look attractive, and are probably quite useful.

I wish I had them when I drove over a road these city workers were putting tar on. They didn't warn you or anything.
    I thought I would need a new paint job, I am sure it is still stuck to the inside of all the wheels and under the car.
    I got a good tar cleaner and that worked quite well but flaps would have saved me a lot of work.
    I also get a lot of built up dirt on the doors just under the mirrors, that is very hard to remove. This might solve that problem. I only wash my car about once every 6 weeks.
    It's nice that they were made to blend in with the cars design.