Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3

Comments

• hoofen1hoofen1 Posts: 16
    Why wait??Dealers have good selections on the lot now,2.5s and 3.0s.I walked in Fri.evening and drove out Sat.morning.This in a fairly small city.Surely larger cities have even bigger inventories.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,634
    No, you can't play DVDs in the Nav system.. And the Acura TL won't either.. The TL has a DVD-A audio system.. That plays DVD audio recordings on the stereo... No DVD capability on any NAV system that I know of.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• quaddiesquaddies Posts: 7
    In my area its tough to find a 2.5 manual transmission without the premium package, seat warmers, etc but that could change quickly. In my very very humble opinion, a bare X3 with that amazing sun roof is a good deal. It fits with my understanding of the X3's raison d'etre: a sporty lightened SUV designed principally for the street. As to the fully loaded 3.0 , unless you get a good deal (which may well be the case as some have suggested) I am not so sure.

Anyways I took the plunge and ordered one (notwithstanding the Car and Driver Review- what's up with that?) yesterday and I appear to have a production date set for mid march.
  • harplayrharplayr Posts: 70
    Check out www.navwithtv.com They sell an aftermarket kit that will do what you want.
    My X3 is bluewater with black interior. I absolutely love the color! It's a bit more blue than is shown on the sales stuff, it has a "deep" look to it, and the color seems to change in different light conditions. I have gotten many complements on the color.
  • lakshmanlakshman Posts: 47
    Thanks for the clarification. You are right about the Acura TL also. I was told it plays dvd audio recordings... and I assumed it plays dvd video also. My mistake.

Looks like BMW X3 does not have the DVD - A system.
  • tucker74tucker74 Posts: 12
    Hi harplayr. Do you happen to have a digicam and willing to take some pics of your X3? We are seriously thinking of ordering one in that color but would like to get a general idea of it.

I've seen it on a M5 but that was some time ago. I'm wondering if it is anything like the light blue on the Land Rover Freelander.
    Anyone seen this color or know of pictures of it on the 'net? Is it similar to the Oxford Green color available on the 3-series?
    Yes, I've been meaning to snap some photos, I'll let you know when I get them posted.
    Looking forward to the pictures!
  • where can i find it?...thanks
  • sharkalasharkala Posts: 48
    Hi- Can anyone give me an idea what you are paying for an x3 3.0 with premium package, metallic paint, xenon lights, heated seats- thanks
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Go to Photo Gallery and indicate the vehicle you want to see. The X3 is there in all its glory!

tidester, host
  • thanks tidester but i'm looking for pictures that were posted by regular posters if we have any...
  • aukemaaukema Posts: 19
    Has anyone ordered and received a Silver Gray with terracotta leather? How does it appear?
  • aukemaaukema Posts: 19
    dk3307,
    The best price I have seen is $1500 over ED invoice, dk3307. I have been monitoring this board a long time and haven't seen a better price. I have a ED pickup date of May 28.
  • ulepulep Posts: 63
    my dealer gave me a $100 check because they weren't able to install the alarm on my x3 before the pick up date. in total i saved $1700 off msrp.
  • Now that some of you have actually been driving your X3's for awhile, can anyone tell me what kind of gas mileage you are actually getting? Any numbers yet on the 2.5?
  • sunilbsunilb Posts: 407
    from the NYTimes (not an auto expert, but well-written... though it echoes some of the comments other writers have made)...

http://edmunds.nytimes.com/new/2004/bmw/x3/100374220/roadtestarti- cle.html?articleId=101473
    So far, I've been getting 24-25 highway, and 19.8mpg overall on my X3 2.5 automatic.
  • m5x3m5x3 Posts: 23
    We are getting about 18 mpg on our 3.0 6-speed. About 300 of our 1000 miles have been on the highway. Again, don't put too much stock in the trip computer - ours is optimistic by up to 2 mpg.
  • scotth6scotth6 Posts: 43
    I have about 600 miles on my X3 3.0 Auto and the combined driving has been about 17.5. I drove it for a week and got 20 miles per gallon in the city but my son drove it for a week and he got 16.5 but he drives it like my M3(full throttle). On the little bit of highway driving I did I was getting over 23. I think it will do a lot better once it is broken in at 1200+ miles. My M3 improved 1-2 miles once it was broken in. You can drive up to 100 miles per hour or 4500rpm during break in. I agree with the NYTimes article that says if you are expecting a small X5 you will be dissapointed, it handles more like a 330i with sport suspension. I got exactly what I wanted, a sport utility that handles like an M3. The ride may be different with the standard wheels but it is firm with the sport and Y spoke combo but it handles fantastic.
  • where or how do i see this pictures???
    Why am i getting 11-13 mpg on my reading? i only have 200 miles on my x3, does that have anything to do with it?
      i posted some photos in the other forum. can anybody tell me how to post my own photo in this board?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Click on the "Town Hall Help" link in the left column of this page to learn about posting pictures in the Town Hall. Basically, you need to find a place to store or "host" your pictures (such as the storage space provided by your ISP) and then create links to them in your message here.

tidester, host
  • atortoroatortoro Posts: 13
    My dealer (in Los angeles) offer me a 42 month lease term of $4800 down, and $498 per month for 12,000 miles per year. NOt sure if this is a good deal or not.
    oh..it is for a x3.0 with all the premium package, metallic paint, xenon lights, heated seats etc. the car's sticker price is $42,000
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or not??
    thanks
  • dk3307dk3307 Posts: 8
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before.

Do you still have to pay the $695 Destination Charge for ED?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,634
    The answer is YES

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

i just got an alarm installed on my x3. i'm a new bmw owner so i dont know how the alarm responds to tilt and motion. anyway i tried to tilt the car a little bit but it didnt alarm. so i tried shaking the car, no response. then i tried going inside and locking myself in the car before arming it. tried to shake the car from inside but nothing happened. can anybody help me with this? i cant seem to get it to alarm. is this natural on bmw alarms?
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    You have to wait at least 30 seconds. Try this. Roll down the drivers window. Arm the alarm from outstide of the car and wait about a minute. Stick your arm in the window. If the alarm doesn't go off, there is a problem.

When I do that above, my alarm goes off.