Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Anyone interested in the upcoming Cadillac SRX? It looks as sporty as the CTS and the interior looks beautiful with the pretty leather and wood trim. I hope it sells even better than the Lexus RX330 and BMW X5 (even though beating even one of these models would be a huge accomplishment).

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,046
    That discussion died off too:

Cadillac SRX

Maybe it's still too early? There are a couple of comparision topics still going:

Lincoln Aviator vs. Cadillac SRX

MB M-class vs Acura MDX vs Lexus RX300 vs BMW X5 vs Cadillac SRX

Steve, Host
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    I'm interested in it, but there seems to be little discussion. I'm sure the discussion will pick up when we get closer to it being in showrooms
    I'll ask KH to think about moving it to Future Vehicles; maybe that'll help.

Steve, Host
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    I like the looks of the SRX alot and I'm not a big SUV person. The initial reviews of it are pretty good and being built on the CTS platform should make it quite a performer. I think once both the V6 and V8 models are available, Cadillac should have no problem selling them. Performance wise, it will be interesting to see how the SRX compares with the X5 as the X is one of the best performing SUVs. To me, the SRX with the V8 is money much better spent than on the mammouth Escalade.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    "because they KNOW they will have no problems"

All cars have problems and Lexus has certainly had some, just less.
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    the initial reports on MPG for the rwd version were impressive - like 26 mpg highway

I wonder if it drove like a dog, however

it'd be nice if the AWD version got over 22 mpg
    The Cadillac SRX crossover sport-utility vehicle will start at less than $40,000, according to the WSJ today.

Steve, Host
  • odmanodman Posts: 309
    SRX starts at $37,995 for the V6 and $46,300 for the V8. Note: these are for the RWD models only -- AWD is optional.

Does anyone have any idea what the residual values will be on these 3 or 4 years out? ALG (Auto Leasing Guide) sets these, but I haven't seen any SRX quotes yet.
    I wanted some good quality images of the SRX so I searched on Google and got a good link here:

http://www.speedycars.net/wallpaper/cadillac_srx.html
    So far, the auto press is very positive on the SRX. I can't wait to get a chance to see it and drive it in person (seeing it at NAIAS was not quite the same as seeing it on the street).

I haven't seen an Edmunds review of the SRX yet (please post when it comes) but the other mainstream publications published previews in March. Automobile magazine doesn't have an active link, but C&D and R&T do.

Car and Driver:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article- _id=4189&page_number=1

Road and Track:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_- id=450&page_number=1
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Cadillac is on a roll and the SRX reviews are extremely positive indeed. I saw the SRX at the Toronto Auto show and it was very nice and certainly makes a bold styling statement.
    Car_man over in Lease Questions - Ask Here might know.

Steve, Host
    When I was in Detroit, three vehicles blew me away, and two were Cadillacs: the just-for-show Sixteen and the SRX (the other I liked was the Mustang). It's the first time I've put a Cadillac as my wallpaper on my computer!

I think that the SRX will do very well, even here in Canada where luxury utility sales are small relative to the US. The SRX is just the car Cadillac needs for the times. It is bold, sophisticated and refined, and shows a new era of confidence for Cadillac. The CTS has done a lot to pave the way for acceptance of the SRX both in terms of styling and performance. Let's hope that build quality remains good.

Here's a link to an Auto Week site with analysis of the pricing strategy. Cadillac is purposely pricing above the Japanese and in line with the German brands. I'm glad to see they are planning a heavy advertising blitz for it.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat- _code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=08304780
  • rerenov8rrerenov8r Posts: 380
    I got mine today. I signed up at cadillic's web site months ago. They have sent stuff before, but that was mostly letter with features and estimated options. This poster is much more "mainstream" in that there are 'sell-it' images of real looking SRX with people in 'em and everything.

The "ultraview" skyroof looks awesome & insane at the same time -- gigantic opening could make this an option that would make folks considering a CONVERTIBLE re-think BUT it 180 degrees from Volvo's "boron steel roof", and if GM history is lingering the leaks, squeaks and malfunctions could make an Extended Warranty very popular to add-on.

Overall, I like the SRX but I wish were here NOW so that I could compare it head to head with Lexus, Acura, BMW, Porsche, Volvo models that are FOR SALE TODAY...
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Is it just me, or do you guys think the SRX will appeal more to women than to men?
    That is what is driving me into pulling the trigger on a competing offer. But then my sweeie is not real typical of most women. She watches more baseball than I do and hates Lexus RX300s too.

Go figure
  • wulf007wulf007 Posts: 20
    Is anybody but me thinking Cadillac is pricing the SRX too high? With the way they bundle options it looks like an MSRP at around $50k with V8 and AWD. If it is as popular as we think it might be they won't be dealing too much. I know they are two different vehicles but for the difference in price I rather have the Escalade, bad mileage and all. Styling wise from a couple of side and rear pictures I've seen recently (admittedly not showing much detail) it looks a lot like a Buick Rendezvous. I was hot to get one but with the projected pricing and being unable to actually see one I'm thinking of going a different route. Feedback please.
    The styling of the SRX is a wild card... I just cannot say for sure if it'll be a big seller.If the Caddy stores are not doing "land office business" on Day 1 for the SRX I see the price falling RAPIDLY (that has been the Caddy dealer behavior for A LONG TIME now..)

If that happens, the retained value is in the CRAPPER along with ALL THE OTHER GM SUVs...

For 50 large you ARE in some RARE AIR --Lexus, Porsche, BMW.

Even if the SRX is going to be "parity priced" with the MDX there are still concerns -- the SRX will NOT initially offer the V6, how much a fuel penalty will that V8 carry arounf, especially in AWD. Narrowness does give the SRX a bit of Rendy (or even VUE!?!) profile from the rear angle. Not the image I'd want for a vehicle that will cost DOUBLE... Options & availability could be a nightmare. If they "bundle" too much it will really turn off folks. The UltraView roof & the dvd-based Nav could be hugely expensive.

Lots of unanswered questions...
  • cadillac1cadillac1 Posts: 51
    Well the V8 is a northstar. So I would not expect the mpg to be much worse than say a Deville or Seville. Also, in an autoweek test, they were getting in the high 20's mpg wise on the highway.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    In the June issue of Car and Driver they give the mileage rating of the XLR as 17 city 24 highway. Since the SRX weighs a LOT more than the XLR, there is no way the V8 AWD version is going to get in the high 20s highway.