Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• Wife's call on both. The sunroof probably wouldn't get much use for 2-3 years due to the four month old. Probably 90% of my wife's driving involves kids. By that time she'll b looking to get another car. Maybe then. My four year old loves mine.

I really wanted the mrc but we couldn't find one with it without the performance package. Probably would have had to wait until January for delivery and I needed to get her a car. Maybe if we buy one in the future Cadillac will ahve the options game figured out better.
  • arennarenn Posts: 35
    Saw an SRX today, at Lake-Cook and Pfingsten in Deerfield, IL. The first I've seen "in the wild". The Caddy dealer up here (Foley?) has several on the lot.

Personally, I'm turned off by the appearance of this car. I like the CTS, but the SRX just seems plain weird to me. I like the styling on the X5 way better.
  • Apparently, there still seems to be a lot full of SRXs here in Dallas. Most people are either driving Escalades, XC90s, Expeditions, Explorers, X5s, or M-Classes. Hopefully, people may buy the SRX here!
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    My wife would like to know what you have to do to change from the "radio" to the CD. She read the manual and there is no directions??? so she says!@!!!
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    I've seen 3 on the road so far. They are selling but at a good or not good rate I don't know.

They are a lot more $$ than a CTS.
  • Press "band" to go to radio and press "source" to go back to CD.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Thanks. Now she feels a little more humble.
  • I have an SRX for a 24 hour test drive..a few questions...I am 6'1"" which is one reason I like the SRX because the kids have room behind me..but the seat belt seemed to cut funny..anyone else experienced that? Also, is there really only one 12Volt adapter in the dash/change area..none others in the front? If you have bought...and had to use in the snow..any comments? thanks dave
  • I'm curious about GM's 24Hour test drive. What are the requirements?? Any payments??
  • You can go to GM's website and they have all of the info regarding the 24 hour test drive. They do not lis the SRX as being available, but that could just mean the site has not been updated, I would call my local Caddy dealers. There was no payment necessary when I did mine. I just had to show proof of insurance.
  • just asked the dealer.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Where did everyone go?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 42,443

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I was following another board and it was posted that the SRX (I'm assuming w/the 3rd row) qualifies for the Section 179 tax deduction for the self-employed. Can anyone confirm this?? Cadillac's website only lists the weight of the vehicle not the GWVR. THanks for your help.
  • hootch1hootch1 Posts: 12
    after reading that post. The window sticker showed GWVR as 6008.
  • highenderhighender Posts: 1,364
    it should qualify, cause it is over 6000 lbs .

check with your accountant or Taxpayers for Common Sense.....I got a list of vehicles, but it was a 2003 list, so did not include the newer vehicles.
  • highenderhighender Posts: 1,364
    and it said the "escalade SRX " qualifies.....don't know if they mean the SRX by Caddy.
  • pbeerspbeers Posts: 26
    I went by a Cadillac dealer today to look at pricing an SRX, and I looked through a book they had of SRX invoices. Funny thing, I saw a V-8 with AWD built in 9/03 that had a GVW of about 5,870 pounds. The next page had another AWD V-8 with the SAME options built in 12/03 that had a GVW of 6,008 pounds.

How did this vehicle gain 138 lbs? The curb weight for both still appears to be about the same 4,480 lbs. Is it all marketing? I'm sure that being over 6,000 will help sales with the tax benefits.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Hmm ... a gallon of gasoline weighs about 6-6.5 pounds - how big is that tank? ;-)

tidester, host
  • In NYC, on a highway, it was black, and in profile it was absolutley amazing. Does anyone know the production/Sales data for the SRX vs. its competitors?
  • rerenov8rrerenov8r Posts: 380
    You have to scroll way down under trucks/Cadillac to see the numbers about the SRX --http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.- - emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=6&do- - cid=2215
  • pbeerspbeers Posts: 26
    here's a pretty good website showing 2004 production totals for vehicles in North America.

http://www.autonews.com/files/prod.pdf

If I remember correctly, Cadillac had produced about 15,000 of the SRX as of 12/31/03, with a planned sales goal of about 25K for the 2004 model year.
  • folks on the other forum will tell you that this is only because GM bought all of the ad space. That's why they swept the categories.
  • eaton53eaton53 Posts: 356
    Ranked the SRX #1. When has something like that ever happened?

Automobile All-Star, too....
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I have been doing some pricing research recently and have my dealer trying to find me a base SRX and take my Impala trade.
    I am about $2500 upside down on the Impala.
    My dealer is advertising a base V6 for $33,700.
    Retail is $38,690. Invoice is $35,840.
    $1500 conquest cash makes it $34,340.
    My question is where does the other $640 come from?
    I have heard there is 2-3K dealer cash back on SRX's. But I understand these are V8's only.
    Built before 10/15/2003.

How is the dealer able to sell this vehicle for $33,700. It would take all but $300 of his hold back to sell at this price.

There has got to be some incentive from Cadillac that we are not privvy too.

Anybody care to share some light on this?
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Sales have not been great for the SRX.
    1500 sold in January.
    4500 built in the first 38 days of 2004.

I can't help but think that we will be seeing some kind of major rebate on this vehicle very soon.

other than the $1500 conquest.

Spring is just around the corner. There has to be something.

Also the sign and drive lease looks pretty interesting. But I don't want to lease again.