Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,781
    Please visit the Cadillac SRX: MPG-Real World Numbers discussion and report on your gas mileage. A few recent mpg posts have been moved there to "seed" the discussion. Thanks!

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• mrjimmrjim Posts: 3
    Hey jdonahue,
    The 07 SRX has not changed much. The interior has some minor changes to the dash. The best change was to the 05 with the door bottom jams being made narrorer. The 04 was hard to get out of. Check-out the wedsite "GMINSIDER" there is a picture pf the 07 interior.
    Hope this helps!
  • mrjimmrjim Posts: 3
    I posted a message titled wind noise. Please read the reply. Has anybody else had this problem???? Can this be corrected????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Here's the link to mrjim's message: mrjim, "SRX Wind Noise" #1, 18 Jun 2006 7:04 am

tidester, host
  • dvpriemdvpriem Posts: 11
    I bought a 2004 at the beginning of the 2005 model year configured like yours but with the extra 2 electric folding seats. Paid $37k not including tax and license.

You should be able to get yours under $40.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    The interior of the SRX is actually very different for 2007. Essentially, they took the interior of the DTS (including gauges) and dropped it in the SRX which makes sense because the DTS has a nice interior. There is also a 20" wheel package available that includes sport fascias in the front and rear and polished exhaust tips. There is also a new Bose 5.1 sound system like the one in the STS.
  • mil6753mil6753 Posts: 40
    Finally - dealer agreed to order torque converter, only after I walked in and put 3 TSB's in front of them. Had the car for 7 days. Got it back - all is well.
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Posts: 792
    When will it be at the dealerships?
  • jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Posts: 24
    Does anyone have firm information on July incentives for the SRX? Edmunds says there is $500 "bonus cash" and also a $2000 cash allowance (or 0% financing in lieu of that). I have also heard there is an additional incentive on "aged inventory" for cars built before a particular date. The dealers I am speaking to are being dodgy about all of this. Can anyone help?

Source: GMI

What do you think?
    That is more or less what I thought based on earlier fuzzy pics. Like I said, it's straight out of the DTS. It's not a huge improvement, but it's better. I actually like the DTS' interior better than any other Cadillac model so this was a good move. Now the SRX looks better than the STS on the inside.
    real pics have been released and it looks much better than the last model.
  • vharrisvharris Posts: 7
    Too early to tell with the fuzzy pics, but personally, I would have liked to see the redesigned instrument cluster resemble the 07 escalade. If the escalade wasn't so dam big and the exterior so darn bling bling, I would have seriously considered it.
  • jsw2jsw2 Posts: 1
    Purchased 06 SRX, V6, MSRP 42790. Out the door price including sales tax, 38648. Used the $2000 cash allowance and dealership had (4) $250 coupons from GM they can use only for the month of July to help get the 06 models off the lot. So ask about the coupons.
    there are real pics posted here on edmunds or on gminsidenews.com, it looks good. I wouldnt say its better than the Escalade, but its on that level.

The escalde is supposed to have "bling bling" on the outside, it's a cadillac. Why would it not be showy and somewhat bold? The Escalade looks good even if people want to pretend only rappers and athletes like it. I can only imagine how many middle aged suburbanites secretly like the truck but wont buy it because they think it connects them with rappers. AS is rappers are buying most of the Escalades sold each year.
  • Hello to you all I recently bought a 2005 SRX. Love the car. The audio buttons on the steering wheel don't do what they say they do. In fact they do the exact opposite. I have read through all materials to no avail. Any of you know what I can do if I can reset somehow. Thanks for your time.

Jeff Bennett :(
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,781
    "Our latest long-term vehicle entered the fleet last Friday -- a 2007 Cadillac SRX. We got the V6 version with all-wheel drive, monster sunroof, and navigation system. No 3rd row seat and, thankfully, no 20-inch wheels (I've pretty much had it with silly wheel sizes, especially on SUVs -- but that's just me). While some of you may wonder why we would add the SRX to our fleet (it's not like it was just redesigned), you might not know that the interior of the vehicle was completely redone for '07."

Latest Long-Termer: 2007 Cadillac SRX

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    If you had gotten the V8 you could have tested the new six speed automatic. Automobile magazine did a long term test on the SRX and got the V6 to lower the price tag, but at the end of the test they said they would get the V8 if they were to do it over.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    My dealer here in Chas. SC just got in a black/grey base V6.
    The interior is a big improvement. especially the top of the dash.
    However, grey is not my favorite(i have grey now).
    Hopefully GM will offer me early termination and I can get a
    '07 with the Driver's package and heated seats in May or June.
    Cadillac really needs to offer the 6 speed auto in the V6.
    1 mpg better than my '04.

I'm guessing the 3.73 rearend has been replaced by a 3.45.
  • My wife and I have been anxious to see the new 2007's and just this weekend saw the new interior at the dealership. IT IS ABSOLUTELY A BIG UPGRADE. We had already loved the rest of the vehicle.......now Cadillac has completed the package. We are going to order a 2007 V8 shortly.
    GM's website does not indicate any axle changes for 2007.
    My '04 SRX w/ 31K miles had an interesting issue over the weekend.
    We drove to Knoxville for a wedding and got out of the car and noticed a 4' long strand of "hair" coming out of the right muffler.
    It was weird to say the least.
    When we got to the wedding there was another 3' long strand of what I determined was fiberglass.
    I then realized it must be the batting/insulation in the muffler and that the baffles must have corroded allowing the backpressure to blow it out.
    My delaer called Techinical service and there have been 2 other cases reported.
    I have a complete new catback system on order which is 1 piece!
    Will be installed next week.
    Good thing it is under warranty because a dual muffler cat back system has got to cost at least $1K!!
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Does this mean that a "general discussion" is no longer allowed? Do we need to have a serious reason to post? Or do you want a hundred different topics for the SRX? Is that really easier?
    As long as they're open feel free to post!

tidester, host
  • This happens with a lot of cars, not just the SRX. It is unusual for a car as young as 3 years old under warranty.

My 2005 SRX V6 just past 19.5K miles. So far so good. It's been a tireless reliable shuttle for my wife and kids. My wife still compains about the mileage (only 16 mpg average). Heck I think the new 403 HP Escalade can do that these days. The 3.6L V6 us ok for power, but other marques seem to have better efficiency....Nissan/Infiniti excepted.
    We have been pulling right under 20mpg for both trips we made to the mountians.
    The trip to Knoxville, thru the mountians of NC and a trip on the 13th to the Hendersonville which include climbing to Mt. mitchell 30-35mph.

The '07s are rated at 24mpg.

Mileage in the city hovers around 16mpg just like yours.
  • Interesting, I wonder what they changed to get the highway miles per gallon up to 24? Maybe the fifth gear is a little taller....it certainly doesn't have the six speed tranny.

We don't do a lot of steady state highway driving on this so we're right at 16 MPG on average. The previous 2003 CTS we owned did better over the same routes than just the city MPG figure.
  • Some have mentioned a shudder
    from the torque lock converter
    on the SRX. Is that problem
    exhibited on both AWD and RWD?