Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    6'11"... WOW!!! I'm sure you get that response alot.

I adjusted that seat ALL the way back and down as far as it would go... I still felt my hairs touching the headliner and my knee rubbed against the center console... perhaps I could have adjusted the seat further and didn't do it?

I'll give it another try when the chance comes up.
  • Just curious if anyone knows....
    We love our 2004 SRX and will likely get another one at the end of the year.
    Does anyone know if they will start offering bluetooth or a backup camera in the 2008 model?
    Thanks!
  • vangvang Posts: 12
    I was told by a dealer the 08 due in the fall will be almost identical to the 07 except for an update in electronics like the bluetooth and new nav system.

He didn't mention rear camera.
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    Knees brushing up against the center console is a standard part of life for me. The make-or-break decision for me is if the contact is confortable over extended periods of time. For example, the biggest problem I have with some many vehicles is not enough room between the center console and the steering wheel. That is a dangerous situation which is often a problem when I rent unfamiliar cars on business trips. I will refuse anything I don't think I can operate safely.

I probably would not be happy about the headliner issue. My legs are longer than my torso, but I'm used to reclining the seat back far enough to adjust since my arms are long enough (38" sleeves) to compensate.
  • marcy42marcy42 Posts: 6
    I HAVE A 04 SRX AWD V8. THE FRONT & REAR TIRES ARE DIFFERENT SIZES. i HAVE REPLACED THE FRT TIRES ONCE ALREADY AND NOW, AT 48,000 MILES, THE FRT AGAIN NEED REPLACEMENT. CADDY SAYS NOT TO ROTATE DUE TO THE DIFFERENT SIZES. ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF I ROTATE THEM ANYWAY?
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I'm 6'8". And don't have much problems with fitting in my '04 SRX. The '07s have less room between the console and steering wheel. Becuase the area buy the radio is curved more and I think may be a little wider. I can still fit in it though.
    Here are a couple of suggestions:
    Make sure that the adjustable pedals are all the way forward.
    The seat will go down if you push down on the front of the adjuster then the rear of the adjuster. If you push on the center of the adjuster it won't go down. It will take that seat down pretty low.

Also, ultraview models have less headroom. I have to have the seat all the way down. Which is fine because it allows me to be able to see overhead lights better.

With my non Ultraview '04 i can drive with either the seat all the way up or the seat all the way down and still have headroom. With the seat all the way up I move the sunvisor over to the driver's door, which allows a better view of stoplights.

I think if sevenfeet0 and I can get comfortable you should too.

Good Luck!
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    Thanks!

The model I sat in had the ultraview feature --
    I'll try one without it.. I also did not adjust the pedals... gotta give it another shot....

This is a very nice car at a reasonable price...
  • Isn't that crazy! I have been taking care of my own car for 20 years & you have to be an engineer to change a signal bulb! Like they are never going to burn out - I had to drive for a month with no front left turn signal until I could get an dealer appointment. So for 4 weeks I got cursed, screamed & honked at everytime I was in an intersection making a left turn. Lots of fun! Let us change our own bulbs Detroit!!!
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    You can do one of two things: you can rotate the tires from one side to the other, but the bigger rear tires probably will not work in front; you also could replace the bigger rear tires with the same size as you have in front, then you could rotate them in some standard rotation scheme moving the rear tires forward and the front ones back. One thing that should be looked at is if the suspension is set up correctly. This was pointed out to you in the tire forum.
  • lwkosslwkoss Posts: 1
    I am going to order a new SRX and was wondering if anyone new if the Y45 option which says trailering equiptment comes with the trailer hitch? Any help would be appreciated
    The Y45 option is the utility package I think. It does not include a hitch.
    This forum seems dead. Picked up a new SRX yesterday.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,635
    Congrats!

What color?

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

I'm holding out for a Certified (Used) 07 SRX with the following packages: Luxury, Sport, Utility, Drivers

How long before these can be found for 32K?

Currently 06 models with < 10K Miles are listed around 33 - 35K which means you could purchase for $32K.

I think once the 2008's roll out in the late summer that we'll see a flood of low mileage 07's on the market and the diligent shopper will find what they are looking for.

Is my budget realistic?

Any input is appreciated.
    White, with cashmere interior. I wanted 3 basic options: Premium Luxury, Utility and 20 inch sport on the V8 AWD.
    I wanted a 2006 program and asked my dealer about getting one around Thanksgiving. I finally decided that they were not likely to find one. I have been looking at the 2007's, but after I figured out that the 20 inch sport package included 255 tires on all four wheels so they can be rotated, I decided to just get what I wanted. The dealer got mine from another dealer. I had a choice of three in the western area. So getting the big tires is very limited. I'm sure that there will be at least one program one, but perhaps not more than a very few.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,635
    Nice - I'm a fan of white cars. :shades:

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• majormcfmajormcf Posts: 20
    It does come with a trailer hitch...the hitch is under the rear cover behind the third seat, however you will need to buy the ball. I just bought a leftover 06 with all options that stickered for 50K and I left the dealer at 32500 which is less than used ones on ebay are selling for...I got black with gray leather, love the nav package and ultraview. It had a few options I wouldnt have gotten but at the price I got it didnt really matter. I dont really need heated seats but I might move one day. I did have to fly across country and drive home about 1,000 miles but was well worth the hassle and the dealer tinted the windows for no charge and didnt rip me off with any doc fee charge.
    How did you come across your 06 SRX?
  • majormcfmajormcf Posts: 20
    I found it online on the auto trader, I had been watching ebay since cadillac came out with the 5K rebate, now I think cadillac is giving some dealer incentives on the earlier 06 models. I found alot of dealers with 06s still on the lot using the gm.com website however they wouldnt deal like the dealer I found....keep searching, the right SRX is out there, we have had ours now for about 3 weeks and its awesome.....I have owned over 50 different vehicles so I have a pretty good perspective of whats out there.
  • ycr1ycr1 Posts: 9
    Just leased today a new 2007 V-6 SRX; black on black with just about all the bells and whistles. Thanks to the info I learned on Edmunds I think I got a good deal. This car is really nice. Prior to making this purchase, I test drove the FX35, RX350 and the Acura MDX. All of these are nice vehicles, but the SRX is awesome. Nice ride, nice handling, really nice looking, plenty of storage space and 3 rows of seats. Not bad! This car was not even on my radar until I saw one yesterday, test drove it last night and closed on the lease today. Thanks everyone for all the great info. Hopefully reliability will not be an issue. This is my first American made car in a long time.
  • dms9dms9 Posts: 137
    Does anyone know why the Canadian warranty is better than the USA warranty? I think it is a year longer AND it comes with 4 years of scheduled maintance? Why the difference?

Also, I would love to buy a slightly used certified SRX, rather than a new one. I see that some Detroit dealers have some factory cars, does anyone know how those cars get distributed around? Are any coming to the DC area?

I really love this car, I just think it is too expensive compared to the MDX Sport. Has anyone else gone through the MDX vs. SRX analysis, I would welcome your input on how you reached your decision.
  • sms01sms01 Posts: 3
    I know of a 2006 SRX V8 that's 14 months old, 14 K miles with the no-deductible GMAC extended warranty to 7 years or 78K miles, that's for sale within 100 miles of the DC area.
  • dms9dms9 Posts: 137
    Thanks. I really like the significant changes they made to the interior in 2007. So, I probably wouldn't buy the 2006. Just out of curiosity, how much did the 2006 depreciate since new. How much does it cost, if you are able to tell me.
    Thanks.
  • rearadmrearadm Posts: 1
    My 2 month old SRX fully loaded rattles worse than a 3-year old car? Coming from the rear somewhere. I thought it was related to the auto 3rd row seat...but no luck.

Any thoughts/suggestions before I start a friendly discussion at my dealership?
  • cspillmancspillman Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if Cadillac will offer the smart key so you don't have to put a key into the ignition? Love everything about the car but can't go back to using a key.

Also, what about power tilt/telescoping wheel?
    Does their navigation allow verbal commands and does it offer real time traffic?
    Been looking for an mid-size SUV that has a smart key, updated voice activated navigation and ac vents in the back for my dog. Live in Phoenix and it is tuff on her. SRX is one the few but I know the 07 didn't offer the smart key. MDX, FX don't offer all the above. Going through all the lux brands but not finding it.
    If anyone has suggestions I'm up to hearing them.
  • smokiejoesmokiejoe Posts: 26
    For 2007, and 2008

Not sure about Voice Activated Nav, but if the Rear A/C Option is ordered the SRX does have an A/C Evaporator and Cooling Ducts in the rear sides of the Headliner which should work quite nicely for back seat cooling.

Also, it does not have a Smart key.