Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• fkerfker Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 STS 'CPO' Purchased in July 2004 with only 23K miles on it, it currently has 67k on it at this time, you will need the 6 yr 100K warranty believe me. My car is in the repair shop at Cadillac once per month for problems 3 times for AC problems (2 Compressors 1 AC coolant line replaced, Orifice tube once), bad left front wheel bearing at 45K, both Heated front seats grids replaced, NO Start > Battery dead had to replace battery & battery cable replaced [OnStar] did not work 'NO POWER' had to use cell phone to contact Cadillac Assistance, Security system module replaced, StabiliTrac problem (Steering wheel position sensor replaced), underhood sound insulatator de-lamination, lower body facia trim fell apart, both rear brake lamps have burned out, Major engine oil leak (required 3 days of mid-section of engine seal & Front & Rear seals replacement), throttle body valve assembly requires cleaning every 25k. However they provide a free loaner vehicle every time. The dealership has been great because they are billing GM @ $85.00 per hour for labor. GOOD LUCK with your CPO, you will need it. Buy either German or Japanese in the future.
  • jdonahuejdonahue Posts: 10
    Still wanting to know if anyone knows anything specific about the 07' redesign? I am debating on taking advantage of the close of the model year pricing OR waiting for a new improved SRX. :confuse:

Does anyone know anything?
  • stuckstuck Posts: 2
    Just let me say I've given up on this vehicle and GM in total. The drive line thump is still there and the transmission shutter remains. I'm told however all of this is normal so I guess the unknown running gear growl will be normal as well. This pile of junk will be off warrantee in some 1200KM so the only way I'll get the problems solved is sell or trade it off which will be done. I would like to trade it off to a GM dealer so they would be stuck with the used vehicle warrantee they give with a dealer deal however that would mean buying another GM product which is not going to happen. The only satisfaction I am getting is warning people who inquire how I like the SRX just what my experience has been and point out the problems GM would not acknowledge and fix.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Not only will the 07 SRX get the newer interior but it will
    get the 6 speed transmission too!!

Hopefully in '08 it will get the 305 HP Direct Injection V6.
    Where did you get the information about the 6 speed tranny? Has anyone seen pictures of the new interior yet?
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    It was a press release from GM.

I saw it on another forum.

You might be able to pick it up at media.gm.com.

Or just search the net.
  • omalonomalon Posts: 1
    I understand the 6 speed will be offered on the v8 only for 2007.
    Thanks for the info. I still have not found anything else online but will keep looking.

I did find out that the 07 production begins August 14th.

There must be some interior pictures out there. Or at least a description of what they have done.
  • bparmleybparmley Posts: 3
    I have the same issue with my 04 SRX V8 AWD. Dealer ordered torque converter. I found a similar memo at http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pip3456b.pdf
  • mil6753mil6753 Posts: 40
    Wow - thanks for the information. I've printed out the TSB and will take in with me. Did they repair your car yet? Did it work?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    Please visit the Cadillac SRX: MPG-Real World Numbers discussion and report on your gas mileage. A few recent mpg posts have been moved there to "seed" the discussion. Thanks!

Steve, Host
  • mrjimmrjim Posts: 3
    Hey jdonahue,
    The 07 SRX has not changed much. The interior has some minor changes to the dash. The best change was to the 05 with the door bottom jams being made narrorer. The 04 was hard to get out of. Check-out the wedsite "GMINSIDER" there is a picture pf the 07 interior.
    Hope this helps!
  • mrjimmrjim Posts: 3
    I posted a message titled wind noise. Please read the reply. Has anybody else had this problem???? Can this be corrected????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Here's the link to mrjim's message: mrjim, "SRX Wind Noise" #1, 18 Jun 2006 7:04 am

tidester, host
  • dvpriemdvpriem Posts: 11
    I bought a 2004 at the beginning of the 2005 model year configured like yours but with the extra 2 electric folding seats. Paid $37k not including tax and license.

You should be able to get yours under $40.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    The interior of the SRX is actually very different for 2007. Essentially, they took the interior of the DTS (including gauges) and dropped it in the SRX which makes sense because the DTS has a nice interior. There is also a 20" wheel package available that includes sport fascias in the front and rear and polished exhaust tips. There is also a new Bose 5.1 sound system like the one in the STS.
  • mil6753mil6753 Posts: 40
    Finally - dealer agreed to order torque converter, only after I walked in and put 3 TSB's in front of them. Had the car for 7 days. Got it back - all is well.
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Posts: 792
    When will it be at the dealerships?
  • jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Posts: 24
    Does anyone have firm information on July incentives for the SRX? Edmunds says there is $500 "bonus cash" and also a $2000 cash allowance (or 0% financing in lieu of that). I have also heard there is an additional incentive on "aged inventory" for cars built before a particular date. The dealers I am speaking to are being dodgy about all of this. Can anyone help?

Source: GMI

What do you think?