Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• Aside from checking the VIN #, You'll have to do some research on that. Look under the front of the car, check each inside of the front wheels, Do they have the half-shafts or axles coming off the wheels to the center differential? If there are half-shafts present than it is AWD.
  • miked22miked22 Posts: 20
    Any news on the Sirius SIRGM3-A unit. I have had a loaded SRX for about a month and I love the car, however I can't believe anyone pays for that crappy XM. It is not close to Sirius, not to mention Stern. I need to convert that XM radio to Sirius before I scream!
  • n7donn7don Posts: 188
    Look in the RPO list for MX7
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    That is all well and good if you know where to look for the list of RPO numbers.

The easiest thing is to look under the hood at the front for the caution (a yellow tag) that says this is an AWD vehicle. If that tag is there then it is AWD. One can also check for the drive shafts on the front wheels, but this is somewhat more difficult to do (but not hard). The fun way would be to take it into a snow covered parking lot and try to spin all four wheels.... :blush:
    Had the oil changed and tires rotated yesterday. They said the brake pads had light wear with 10mm left and the tires had 8/32 tread left. This is after 11,555 miles.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Posts: 11
    I had this problem. I brought the car in once and they updated the computer system which controls the cam advance (or something like that). Never had the problem again. Have them check for a software update on the computer.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Posts: 11
    If you are parked next to the garage wall, a tree, or another car your back-up warning system will "see" the obstruction and warn you about its proximity. This happens in reverse only. Once you move the car and it is clear of the obstruction the chime will stop. This may be way you only hear 4 chimes then nothing.
    It was the 3rd roow seat. If it is not completely down or up the car will chime 4 times when you initially put it in gear. Go figure.
  • hamomhamom Posts: 13
    I am interested in the SRX and deciding if I need the Navigation System. Is anyone using the On Star turn by turn that is on there for one year? Then you have to pay for it. Since this vehicle isn't Bluetooth equipped..is anyone using the phone option on Onstar. I have never had a vehicle with OnStar so I am not sure how good it really is. Thanks!
    Onstar is OK however it is no where near as good as navigation for road directions. Built in navigation works very well and it looks nice. Another option is portable navigation. That works well but the wires are messy and you have a theft issue. Onstar does serve other purposes if they interest you they are fine. A little expensive but fine. Personally, I would much prefer a regular bluetooth option on the phone. Using onstar minutes is very expensive and to get another phone number for the car to use is more complicated than it needs to be. Also, verizon will charge you $10.00 per month for another number. That adds up as well.
  • gmguy2gmguy2 Posts: 1
    I have an 04 SRX and it has shifted very hard particularly on downshifts since it was new . The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the transmission. I have had numerous issues with the sunroof as well, including having it explode at speed on the freeway. Of course GM denied any responsibility.
  • kobi2kobi2 Posts: 2
    I purchased a used 2004 SRX/beautiful condition. But had this problem 3 times after 2 wks ownership. RPM abt 4K-speed 40 mph. Stop, turn off, restart, temporary resolution to get home. Guess work on dealers part. There HAS to be an answer. Comment #612 had this problem. Any answer ? HELP! :confuse:
  • kobi2kobi2 Posts: 2
    5-31-08 This message is for # 612. I didn't mention in my explanation #779, my service light also came on. Otherwise the problem is the same as yours was. You probably don't have this vehicle any longer, your input was dated '05. But if you do by chance view this, I would appreciate any input at all. I absolutely love my car, but this has to be resolved, soon!! Any tech's out there ? kobi2 :cry:
    If the service light came on, then your dealer should be able to read the code. My guess is that something failed in the transmission, probably a solenoid.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    Just imagine the depreciation on left-over 08's and 09's when the 10's come out. Should be some sweet deals. My murano lease is up in 10/11, and I like the old style just fine. Unfortunately the mercedes ml 350 and bmw x5 are also whispering softly.
  • From what I can find out , The design will be quite different, . But will it be smaller then the current models ? Any info on dimensions available ?

Blue Devil
  • This looks like a really nice car. But a Cadillac made in Mexico. Come on! I'll be sure to put it on my wish list right next to a Chinese Rolex.
  • simagicsimagic Posts: 84
    I see that the the new SRX will be made in Mexico. I wonder why all other Cadillacs are made in the US "EXCEPT" this one. Wonder why. Anybody have any input?
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    If this vehicle truly looks as good as it does in the pictures and they are able to undercut the price of the 2010 Lexus RX with good feature content, Cadillac might just have a hit on its hands.
    They certainly got my attention, and I'm leasing an '07 RX350 that I really enjoy and was even thinking of buying the RX at the end of the lease. But I'd like to see the SRX in person.