Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'll respectfully disagree.

If you look at cars like VWs they do well in the IQ study but fall flat in the Durability Study.

Mazdas tend to be the opposite. The Isuzu Trooper wasn't so good in the IQ study but took #2 in class for the Durability Study.

IQ is just a forecast, often misleading.

And please, someone tell me what poor gas mileage has to do with Quality?!

CR is just gathering data and they report more detail, so IMO it's more valuable info. You just have to take it FWIW.

-juice
  • "If you look at cars like VWs they do well in the IQ study but fall flat in the Durability Study."

Volkswagens are junk. They're superficially well put together, and fall apart easily. Volkswagen/Audi is the perfect example of what's wrong with the German auto industry. They stress perceived quality at the expense of actual quality. You can only fool people so many times.

Volkswagen picked up a lot of yuppie buyers in the late 90's, but now these people aren't coming back to VW because of the bad experiences that they've had.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    Let's get back to the upcoming Cadillacs, please.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bostnwhalrbostnwhalr Posts: 128
    Hey, I thought I'd throw this one out there since none of the automotive press has mentioned it to date.

The reviews are coming in on the new Chrysler 300C. While the styling is quite different, it has a very American bad-[non-permissible content removed] look to it with the chopped greenhouse. Old E-Class chassis, 340hp HEMI, tons of room, nice handling, 18" wheels. Nice interior (for a Chrysler). Available with AWD (this Fall). $33k base to $40k max. Available now.

Autoweek did a recent story on it. Really appealed to a wide range of people, particularly younger people.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat- _code=coverstory&loc_code=index&content_code=04277743

Now, no one has mentioned this, and I'm probably out here in left field, so please don't spank me, but do you think that the 300C is a valid competitor to the upcoming STS? I know, the Cadillac name is more prestigious, but if you're looking for an American luxury sedan, with decidedly American attitude, wouldn't you consider the 300C (unless you're a GM loyalists)? My gut instinct tells me that people might. Plus, the 300C will underprice the STS by $15k or so.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    I think people will actually cross-shop the two! They're both big, bulky, powerful American sedans. Princing-wise though I'll take a 300C over an STS V8.
  • Where did you see the STS pics?
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    At the GM Media site. ;)
    Oh, so you have that special ID huh. Lucky...
    Yes, we have all seen that picture and we, too, are all stunned by the good looks. Might as well since I'm talking about the interior make some comments:

-real wood looks awesome
    -dash looks great
    -door panelings stink. i would love to see layers of leather overlapping each other in the door panels just like Lexus does
    -and is it just me or are the climate controls TOO low? I would've rather had them up a little bit higher, but that's just a small thing.

Overall Caddy did an awesome job!
    "-door panelings stink. i would love to see layers of leather overlapping each other in the door panels just like Lexus does"

Who said it doesn't have that? ;)
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    I must have been on Pluto because I hadn't seen that interior pic yet -- still, it was a refreshing surprise to see how far caddy interiors are coming along.

Is the caddy emblem on the steering wheel on that pic covered up with something or is it supposed to look that way? I know we'll see the real deal in a few weeks -- just curious. The steering wheel emblem on the XLR looks very nice -- I hope the STS has something similar.
    Interior looks OK, but could have been a little more imaginative.

-juice
    Requested parts of the interior:

door handle
    emblem
    That emblem on the steering wheel looks nice. Do you know where I can find more interior pics before New York? If you cannot post them here feel free to email me. :)
    I would, but your email is private!
  • mbukukanyaumbukukanyau Posts: 200
    Is an Infiniti M45 and Lincoln LS competitor not a Cadillac STS competitor. I think GM will be forced to revamp Chevy Impala and perhaps a Pontiac to counter the ford Chrysler onslaught with Sedans.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    HAs anyone seen the back of this car yet? I would like to see the back and more inside pics of the car. If there is a way to see them let me know.
    WOW! Thank goodness the production version has overlapping layers of leather on the door panels! Great job! You do have a media ID for the GM website don't you... ;) Lucky...
    I am de-privatizing my email as we speak.. I didn't know I had it set up that way... If you've got 'em, fire away with links and pics... and thanks!!
    and in it was carved with the letters "STS" on the gorgeous wood paneling on the dash -- thanks theo2709. So far, on my initial impressions (yes I know I haven't seen it in person, sat in it, yada,yada), the STS looks like an import killer -- at what will probably be a MUCH better bang for the buck. Funny, just a few short weeks ago Caddy was nowhere near my radar -- now it sits at the top of my list for my upcoming car search. I've never driven a V8 northstar -- must be sweet.
    That was only the V6 version gteach ;)

Pics of the Northstar trim with the aluminum accents are to come.
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your 1999 STS, but you've provided no details outside of your blistering editorial and accusations of the two local dealerships in Nashville. I don't care much for Crest Cadillac, but I've never been treated with anything but respect at Andrews, both in sales and service. They haven't been perfect, but they've been very good overall.

Also, the name of the manager you dropped here. Does he work for Andrews? Crest? Is he a Cadillac zone manager? Have you discussed your vehicle issues with the Cadillac zone manager? Finally, your car is now 5 years old and is undoubtably out of warranty. What was your experience getting the Cadillac zone manager to handle your issues while the car was in warranty?

I'd like to take your gripe seriously, but you haven't given enough detail outside of vitriol. It might be understandable, but please educate us of your problem and what you've tried to do to get a suitable resolution.
  • d2000one1d2000one1 Posts: 47
    Please send me the pictures that you have also. I would love to see it.

Thanks,

d2000one
    Does anyone have a good idea of when the STS is coming out? I know April is the intro... when will production begin? Also, is the V8 coming out much later than the 6? The caddy website just has a cryptic "fall 2004"
    I smell a troll. That post should be deleted because it mentions specific names.

-juice
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    goner.

No names posted unless it's your own, and even then I'd be wary!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• theo2709, could you please email me the pics of the new STS. I am a huge fan and love what I have seen so far. My email is in my profile.

Thanks.
    Lets see em
    Both of your emails are private. I'm not sure if I went to send them anymore, anyway. I may be mean and make you wait until April. ;)
    Check again
This discussion has been closed.